Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Championship 23-24

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Yes I have but I think people need to wake up to how bad our financial position is. FFP in the Championship is much stricter and we're likely to break it with what will be left of our current wage bill plus we've already spent next year's premier League money in the form of a loan which will need repaying and could even be called in.

I don't think we will go down but I don't foresee a promotion push either. Several years of gradual rebuilding in the Championship is likely. 

Going to be 10-15 first team players leaving this summer, and some of those left will also have relegation wage drops - our wage bill is going to be reduced massively by going down

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

Different ones, we keep taking loans out against the future TV money. So we own the bank around £150m I think. 

yep. Something like that. I guess we could cover some of it with player sales but we are going to be in a mess.

The only player I’ll be sad to lose is Barnes, given he’s a local lad, posts good numbers for goals and assists, and looks like he’ll keep improving - shame we’ll have to watch that elsewhere. Vards is coming to his natural career end, and the rest of them I couldn’t give two shits about seeing the back of them. Although I’d quite like to keep Kel.

We will lose a good number of players on ridiculously over inflated contracts, and parachute payments are still a thing, so I don’t think the financial situation will be quite as bad as some are predicting.

It’ll be good to play some other teams and visit other grounds.

It’s a real shame we couldn’t sustain our time in the sun for longer than we did, and build into a respected, European frequenting team. It just shows how hard it is for ‘normal’ teams to break through and sustain it in that way. Thought our footballing directorate certainly didn’t handle things as well as they could and should have.

There definitely needs to be a change at the top, if you’ll forgive the pun.

But, it’s not the end of the world. Let’s hope Forest come down with us so we have a couple of derbies next season.

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

Yes I have but I think people need to wake up to how bad our financial position is. FFP in the Championship is much stricter and we're likely to break it with what will be left of our current wage bill plus we've already spent next year's premier League money in the form of a loan which will need repaying and could even be called in.

I don't think we will go down but I don't foresee a promotion push either. Several years of gradual rebuilding in the Championship is likely. 

We will lose Soyuncu and Tielemens and probably lose Maddison and Barnes. Lots of money on wages there and the latter two have sale value.

The play offs in the Championship are not to be scared of. Aside from Middlesbrough this season, the rest have overachieved (Luton, Coventry, Sunderland, Millwall). The league is not as strong as it was.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Going to be 10-15 first team players leaving this summer, and some of those left will also have relegation wage drops - our wage bill is going to be reduced massively by going down

Yes but what will our turnover be? we've gambled massively against premier League money and there is FFP in the Championship which I believe is much tougher than the premier League.  Many of our players won't have such clauses though as the board have never imagined this would happen.

Maybe I am in shock and delusional, but I am actually quite looking forward to the Championship. 

We achieved more than I ever thought possible over these last 10 years, but there is a stench around the Premier League and the money involved is sickening. Players seem to care less and less who they play for, and follow the money, even at the expense of actually playing week in week out. There are so few leaders and players like Kasper are a rarity these days. 

One of my favourite ever seasons was League 1. It felt like proper, old school football, with battles each week and visiting some cracking grounds and fans. 

I know we are going to take a huge financial hit from going down, but players leaving is actually a bonus for us in regards to this particular bunch. So, as long as we can stay financially stable and we can genuinely hit the reset button on the whole club, from top to bottom, then I will look forward to getting back to Sat/Tues games again and different grounds, and hopefully new players that actually want and enjoy playing for Leicester. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Yes but what will our turnover be? we've gambled massively against premier League money and there is FFP in the Championship which I believe is much tougher than the premier League.  Many of our players won't have such clauses though as the board have never imagined this would happen.

I definitely read somewhere that Leicester players have relegation wage reduction clauses, as do Everton. 

Just now, reynard said:

From John Percy

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/21/leicester-relegation-masterclass-negligence/

Eight players are out of contract, including Youri Tielemans, Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu, and most, if not all, are expected to depart.

Leicester’s remaining players will have their salaries slashed between 35-50 per cent as a result of dropping into the Championship.

The club is rotten I can see this being a slide through the Championship, there is no way we come back up, such a tough league full of battlers. 

Problem is we secured a loan against next seasons money which we won't get. Administration too?

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

10 - 15 first team players leaving in the Summer, they left after the opening game of the season against Brentford.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

From John Percy

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/21/leicester-relegation-masterclass-negligence/

Eight players are out of contract, including Youri Tielemans, Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu, and most, if not all, are expected to depart.

Leicester’s remaining players will have their salaries slashed between 35-50 per cent as a result of dropping into the Championship.

Thanks for the link. I don't read that paper so good to know. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Maybe I am in shock and delusional, but I am actually quite looking forward to the Championship. 

We achieved more than I ever thought possible over these last 10 years, but there is a stench around the Premier League and the money involved is sickening. Players seem to care less and less who they play for, and follow the money, even at the expense of actually playing week in week out. There are so few leaders and players like Kasper are a rarity these days. 

One of my favourite ever seasons was League 1. It felt like proper, old school football, with battles each week and visiting some cracking grounds and fans. 

I know we are going to take a huge financial hit from going down, but players leaving is actually a bonus for us in regards to this particular bunch. So, as long as we can stay financially stable and we can genuinely hit the reset button on the whole club, from top to bottom, then I will look forward to getting back to Sat/Tues games again and different grounds, and hopefully new players that actually want and enjoy playing for Leicester. 

I know what you mean.  I don’t know about the championship, but the corruption around the premier league is obscene.  What Leicester achieved in 2016 could never happen now.  The oil money just wouldn’t allow it.  It’s basically going to be a league of 7 teams who pass the European spots between them, and other teams who bounce around the middle, trying to avoid relegation. 

• Like 2

Guest Mee-9

There’s only one man and one pair of bright white trainers that should be in the home dug out next season.

:nigel:

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t think anyone has ever gone down before with the wage bill we’ve had? 

This is the biggest drop in premier league history for me. 

Yes they have lol 

QPR got relegated with the 7th biggest wage bill in the league. And that's not even going back to the days of Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday.

Edited by Fox92