Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Championship 23-24

28 minutes ago, reynard said:

Yes but what will our turnover be? we've gambled massively against premier League money and there is FFP in the Championship which I believe is much tougher than the premier League.  Many of our players won't have such clauses though as the board have never imagined this would happen.

Every single side has this type of clause in their contracts, it's almost a standard these days. Most contracts specify bonuses and  clauses for all sorts of eventualities. We won't have to worry about the big earners though, if we drop most of this side will be a saleable asset.

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Starting to look forward to the overhaul, the ownership being humbled, new grounds to attend, and no VAR.

Bring it on

Be careful what you wish im.not confident we wont struggle if we go down we have to find half a dozen players on limited money i see us like Sunderland when they went down from the premier keague

2 minutes ago, Jono1604 said:

Be careful what you wish im.not confident we wont struggle if we go down we have to find half a dozen players on limited money i see us like Sunderland when they went down from the premier keague

No doubt we will struggle, but I'll never have to see most of these players in our shirt again...and I'm very much at peace with that

7 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Will we come back easily......our recruitment has been s*** the last couple of seasons and we'll need to add some new ones for the players that will leave in the summer 

I like your optimism, but I really don’t think we will. We will pretty much have to replace the entire squad. I think @Babylon is the best person to run the rule over the financial implications of relegation. But my gut tells me the task in hand would be far too big to handle. Especially for a club as badly run as this one. 

• Like 2

If we do get relegated then we’ll turn out one of two ways.

We’ll either do a Burnley and comfortably win the league, or we’ll fall into mid table obscurity like Watford & Norwich have done. 

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

If we do get relegated then we’ll turn out one of two ways.

We’ll either do a Burnley and comfortably win the league, or we’ll fall into mid table obscurity like Watford & Norwich have done. 

Come on unless we have a massive overhaul which is not going to happen with our clueless board, we going to be nowhere near winning the league 

24 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

A long old battle is ahead. 

A complete sweep of the decks. From top to bottom, playing and coaching. 

I just don’t see it happening under that yes man 

It doesn't have to be the end, we can restart but no faith in the powers that be.

Hopefully the club will become more humble and appreciative of its supporters, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

The transfer section will be interesting in the summer.

We’re skint. We took out a loan against 27/28 TV money to buy the dross we did in January.

The transfers this summer will be more harrowing than the Micky Adams or Craig Levein days.