Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Championship 23-24

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I imagine we will probably have to fold the female team? Or at least sell the old training ground and move them to Seagrave? How will we be able to afford to keep it running? 

Good riddance , they’re an embarrassment too 

• Like 1

Play the youth next season with the 4 or 5 that stay - sick of them all 

Amartey, Castagne, Faes, Soyuncu, Ward, Soumare, N’Didi, Maddison, Daka, iheanacho, Barnes, Mendy, Evans, Praet… would think they’ll be gone 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We won’t keep Daka. He will be on far too much money. 

Reported by Percy that there are clauses in their contracts that reduces their wages by up to 50% 

Pretty standard so wouldn't be surprised. Daka hardly set the world alight either, so can actually see him staying next season, unless we put him up for sale. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Reported by Percy that there are clauses in their contracts that reduces their wages by up to 50% 

Pretty standard so wouldn't be surprised. Daka hardly set the world alight either, so can actually see him staying next season, unless we put him up for sale. 

He’ll go abroad. Could see him going Germany and doing really well. 

Just now, ronnup said:

We're ****ed

I think we are somewhat lucky that it's happened when 7 players are out of contract. Maybe 4/5 more leave for half decent money, freeing up more wages.... we can somewhat reset to championship level but we have to buy right and bring in the right coach and I don't trust rudkin/top to do that. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I hope that’s the case but I thought it was just for the January signings. Could be one thing the board has got right.

3 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

He’ll go abroad. Could see him going Germany and doing really well. 

Awoniyi tore it up for Union Berlin and he's been dire for Forest.

Just now, Bilo said:

Awoniyi tore it up for Union Berlin and he's been dire for Forest.

Exactly what I mean about Daka, he’s got certain qualities that suit European football but he’s not cut out for the Premier League. 

4 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I hope that’s the case but I thought it was just for the January signings. Could be one thing the board has got right.

'...Eight players are out of contract, including Youri Tielemans, Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu, and most, if not all, are expected to depart.

Leicester’s remaining players will have their salaries slashed between 35-50 per cent as a result of dropping into the Championship.'  Percy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

It's going to be so depressing watching forest sign our best players. Rodgers encouraging Kasper to leave ruined us

Like who? We've got two, Barnes and Maddison. Barnes to Villa and Maddison to Spurs or Newcastle. 100 Mill for the pair, plus all the shite off the list, we can build a good championship team IF we can get someone who knows how to

We needed to rebuild anyway, I think this means less chance of signing more Bertrand types, more risk taking on young hungry players. We will be shopping in a different market, and that might(?) be a good thing. 

We will be the most attractive prospect in the Championship, by a distance I’d imagine. If, and if it’s a big if, we buy properly we may do alright long term.

My biggest concern is bankruptcy if we stay down more than 1-2 seasons, given the cost (and running cost) of seagrave and the stadium expansion, especially with so many of our expenses seemingly paid for by borrowing against future PL income. Then there are the wages….