Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Championship 23-24

51 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I like your optimism, but I really don’t think we will. We will pretty much have to replace the entire squad. I think @Babylon is the best person to run the rule over the financial implications of relegation. But my gut tells me the task in hand would be far too big to handle. Especially for a club as badly run as this one. 

Not sure anyone can answer that one when we don’t know if we have relegation clauses in contracts or what willingness KP have to invest still.

2 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I genuinely think we’ll get relegated to League 1 next season. 
And I’ll be putting money on that. 

Would compensate financially for the total depression if it happens. Just wouldn't feel right betting against your own team.

When half your squad is leaving, your team chemistry will be non-existent. If we go down, I don't expect an immediate return by any stretch, and with this team's mental fragility, we could well go down again. And furthemore, it will be a long road back once FFP really bites.

We go down, and we are royally up the creek.

3 hours ago, ST20 said:

The fans of this club have as much fight as some of the players 

This is a forum. It’s for discussion, to express your thoughts.

Mindlessly competing to be the most committed fan on a forum really is missing the point?? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

It's going to be so depressing watching forest sign our best players. Rodgers encouraging Kasper to leave ruined us

Who are Notts Forest going to actually want to sign from our shambolic squad? 

24 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Play the youth next season with the 4 or 5 that stay - sick of them all 

Amartey, Castagne, Faes, Soyuncu, Ward, Soumare, N’Didi, Maddison, Daka, iheanacho, Barnes, Mendy, Evans, Praet… would think they’ll be gone 

You mean the youth team that got relegated? That’ll work well. 

11 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Like who? We've got two, Barnes and Maddison. Barnes to Villa and Maddison to Spurs or Newcastle. 100 Mill for the pair, plus all the shite off the list, we can build a good championship team IF we can get someone who knows how to

No way we get 100 million for the pair if we go down.

10 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

This is a forum. It’s for discussion, to express your thoughts.

Mindlessly competing to be the most committed fan on a forum really is missing the point?? 

There’s still three games left. What self respecting fan packs up with even the slimmest chance of surviving? Just saying.

5 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

No way we get 100 million for the pair if we go down.

We wouldn’t get 100m if we didnt !

I’m not as pessimistic as most for next season 

I posted a week ago who I thought would be left here and with a few additions/loans (and more importantly a decent coach ), we can bounce back.  I think the coach is the crucial part. 

however,  with ffp as it is, we only get two shots to bounce back and doing it at the first time of asking is vital. 

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The spine of a team would still be more than good enough to compete at the top if we get the right leadership in. 

Who’s likely to stay?

Iversen

Justin/Ricardo (try sell one)

Souttar

Faes

Kristansen

Thomas

KDH

Vardy

I think only Iversen, Dewsbury-Hall, Thomas, Souttar and probably Choudhury/Albrighton returning are guaranteed to be here. And Vardy unless we negotiate an early contract closure which would be a shame to see it end like that. 

Then you might have Justin, Ricardo, Kristiansen, Ndidi if he doesn't go to Turkey or somewhere. Might get Daka for a season but he'll be trying to get a loan move back to Europe. 

Maddison, Barnes and probably Iheanacho are only sellable assets.