Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Who will be renewing their season ticket?

I will do. They deserve virtually nothing after the disgusting season they've just served up though, with the total contempt for the fans shown from day one. They should feel ashamed taking anyone's money for this.

Will be surprised if we manage even a top half finish though. Given we're going to stick with the same useless bastards who put us in this mess.

• Like 1

I live in Canada and so it's not possible to get to many in person games but if i were there it wouldnt even be a thought (provided i had the funds etc).

Can't always be at the top of our game but as someone said we support Leicester City not any one league.

Whether you renew or not, keep the faith we get back to epl if we get relegated.

Fair play to you all considering the cost of football these days. I don't blame you either,  Leicester is like a puppy, it's for life. However there other ways of screwing over the club, don't buy the merchandise, the tepid food, the warm beer or even the match day programs. 

7 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

You're not really a fan if you bin off your side because the league doesn't suit you. Fair play if it's other commitments, but football is like nothing else you follow and the highs and low are what it's all about along with the social. 

This about sums it up really

• Like 1

Got some serious thinking to do re the season ticket. I still watch a lot of the championship and it wouldn't bother me going down as I like the league its raw. Supporting City will always be a rollercoaster ride regardless and would rather we stay up as losing circa 100m TV money would no doubt financially impact us.

However my work means I would now be unable to make games in the week and some sundays. Just had a look at Burnleys Saturday games and out of a possible 23 home games only 11 were on Saturday. 

6 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

You're not really a fan if you bin off your side because the league doesn't suit you. Fair play if it's other commitments, but football is like nothing else you follow and the highs and low are what it's all about along with the social. 

Bit unfair and not always that simple. 

Although I first went in the late 60s, I've only had a season ticket since the 80s and my son, now 22yrs, since he was about 6. It's always been a boy's day out and I'd hoped we'd always do this until my legs go 🤣.

The 1st Division didn't deter us and the Championship was great, we always looked forward to going as well as looking forward to the new season wherever it was. 

However, and I can't quite put my finger on it, somethings changed? Certainly over the last 18 months/couple of years. Never really took to Rodgers tbh and despite the FA Cup, there seemed to be warning signs only a few months into his tenure. He and his regime seems to have sucked the joy out of it. Certainly, even if we'd survived this season and he'd remained, we'd have definitely not renewed. 

My son now plays at reasonable level and we'd been watching quite a bit of that also ie Melton, Heather, Quorn etc and even Gedling Miners in Notts who he was with. There was a part of being something honest and entertaining again really, strange feeling, without all the commercial crap and sanitisation, just football where you felt part of something. 

Rodgers going was like a dark cloud being lifted for us but now you start to see right through some of the players also. Strangley, it's the mere fact that we look like being relegated and be losing quite a few of them that makes it look more like we'll renew for the rebuild in order to get behind them again, though I haven't got a lot of faith in those in charge tbh. Strange old game football. 

• Like 2

Had one 30 years and seen alot worse in the Championship.

Bitterly embarrassed and angry about the current plight, but the badge on the front is more than the names on the back.

I will be renewing for sure, but my love for this club and football in general have taken a severe beating this season.

Perhaps we can hold everyone to account more if things aren’t managed correctly, instead of putting blind faith in the owners/board that they are doing the right thing.

And no VAR next season, the other thing killing my love of football!

• Like 1

Weirdly I was thinking of getting rid with another season of Premier League football under someone like Rodgers. Now, going down seems more attractive than turgid top division football, where the big 6 pay/play their way to the top. There are some terrible things about the championship, away ticket prices, the possibility of very dull football and the likelihood of not many 3pm kick offs for us, but maybe going down will mean I a m more likely to keep my season ticket, than staying up. 

With relegation virtually guaranteed the club seriously needs to look at Season ticket pricing before sale opening on the 26th.

Given the inevitable fire sale of players who believe (in many cases wrongly) they are talented enough to play at a higher level and  the 'walkouts' of players whose contracts have been allowed to run down, it's time to give something back to the fans who have endured the last two seasons. Unless there is a 10% price drop across the board we are likely to be charging the highest Season ticket prices in the Championship for let's face it, matches which wouldn't fall even within category C matches on the present charging matrix.

Following relegation there will be the usual financial blood letting with many of the hard working backroom and support staff facing redundancy. May I suggest saving a few jobs by replacing our Director of Football/Head of Performance with a inexpensive but arguably more effective Garden Gnome.

Also away games wont be capped at £30.

Feck knows what the prices are at most championship clubs but as above, midweek game in winter to some sh1tloe like Hull is uninspiring at home let alone away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Also away games wont be capped at £30.

Feck knows what the prices are at most championship clubs but as above, midweek game in winter to some sh1tloe like Hull is uninspiring at home let alone away.

Remember years ago Ipswich charging us well over £40.

They know we travel in numbers,so will probably see much of the same.

I see the ‘I’m a better fan than you’ crowd are out in force. 

“Don’t matter how shite we are, I’ll still pay too much for matches that get moved and I can’t attend - because I’m a real fan”

*applause*

We are all impressed.

Well done. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I will but this one is really through gritted teeth - not because of the prospect of second tier football (although the winter slog of constant midweek games is hugely unappealing) but more because of the way I'm feeling treated as a fan by my own club these days.

I'm talking about ID checks at away games, children being turned away as a result of them, awful matchday prices, the ceaseless march to digital-only tickets, lack of general sale for folks who can't afford memberships, stadium announcements demanding we all sit down while trying to help our team in a relegation battle, mates banned for months on end for the most spurious of "offences", goal music blasted out for consolation goals while we're being dumped out of the Cup by lower level opposition, the best crest in English football being desecrated on this season's shirt, people stealing a living in senior roles at the club, and just the general sense I feel that this a club which has no understanding of - or even the most basic desire to understand - its own fanbase.

I really hope this current shitshow on the pitch brings a reality check for LCFC off it because it's definitely an unsustainable way to run a club if you continue doing all of that to those who will remain loyal to you whatever level we play at.

Perfectly put. This should be fired into the clubs inbox several times a day.