Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Who will be renewing their season ticket?

'Supporters' are absolutely right to question many of the players application and commitment and rightly suspect some already have one foot in their new clubs.

The swamp does need draining both on and off the pitch.

Bewildering though that so many 'Leicester til I die' are contemplating chucking the towel in. Could be forgiven for thinking that they may be a tad plastic, fair weather or/and life long supporters since 2015/16

You won' t be missed. Put the key under the mat when you leave :filbert_2:

• Like 3

It will be gutting to not be in the Premier League as no one cares about the Championship until the play offs, looking forward to seeing more wins next season than I've seen this! £400 odd quid is still reasonable value for the Championship

24 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I see the ‘I’m a better fan than you’ crowd are out in force. 

“Don’t matter how shite we are, I’ll still pay too much for matches that get moved and I can’t attend - because I’m a real fan”

*applause*

We are all impressed.

Well done. 

What are you on about? lol

I won't be renewing mine whether we're in the Prem or the Championship next season.  I like to take my daughter to matches now and she hasn't got enough points for a season ticket yet so it's just a ballache rearranging my seat for every match we want to go to.

Struggle to do a lot of the midweek games as well so it's easier just to book the ones I can go to and not have the hassle of reselling or lending out my ticket for others.  Hopefully when the little one's got enough points there'll be STs available.  Probably be a load of room in that new tier on the East stand in League ! :ph34r: 

59 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The club have treated the fans like absolute shit this season. 

Watching the backtracking will be the ONLY glorious thing about next season. 

I hope they ****ing squirm 

Yep- wonder if only having a booking history will be enough to secure a ticket on a Friday night game away at Middlesbrough etc...

6 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

I won't be renewing mine whether we're in the Prem or the Championship next season.  I like to take my daughter to matches now and she hasn't got enough points for a season ticket yet so it's just a ballache rearranging my seat for every match we want to go to.

Struggle to do a lot of the midweek games as well so it's easier just to book the ones I can go to and not have the hassle of reselling or lending out my ticket for others.  Hopefully when the little one's got enough points there'll be STs available.  Probably be a load of room in that new tier on the East stand in League ! :ph34r: 

They’ll be enough STs for next season surely? Anyone who wants one will get one I’d have thought? Might need about 5 home priority points at worst? 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

They’ll be enough STs for next season surely? Anyone who wants one will get one I’d have thought? Might need about 5 home priority points at worst? 

Good point. If I can get her one then game on. 23 games of utter dross to look forward to. Why do we do this to ourselves?

55 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

It will be gutting to not be in the Premier League as no one cares about the Championship until the play offs, looking forward to seeing more wins next season than I've seen this! £400 odd quid is still reasonable value for the Championship

I'm actually looking forward to being off the media radar.  It's been torture this season reading about the unravelling of LCFC, and I know there's worse to come for a few weeks when relegation is actually confirmed.  It'll  be a relief to start next season without reading daily reports of how shit we are and what a mess we're in!

It’s a cost vs. Entertainment point, not just the football but also the atmosphere.

i hope but doubt the club will significantly reduce season ticket and match day prices.  A full and noisy stadium should be the aim. 

Not wanting to pay £40 to see Luton vs. Leicester doesn’t make you a plastic fan. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Daggers said:

reading-strategies-graphicc.jpg

Why would people stop going because we're shite? It's not how following a team works. I understand the costs and other commitments for people. I'm yet to see anyone say they're a better fan in this thread (although there is such a thing if you're only interested in the good times)

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

Why would people stop going because we're shite? It's not how following a team works. I understand the costs and other commitments for people. I'm yet to see anyone say they're a better fan in this thread (although there is such a thing if you're only interested in the good times)

Not for you but for some fans that are more casual than others, as proven by the drop in attendances when we become mediocre in the Prem and when we drop down divisions. It's the way it is for every club. It's why we always had a core season ticket base whatever division we've been in. They go no matter what and that works for them.

This whole I AM LOYAL brigade is just weird tbh. If you want to renew, just renew. There's no need to denigrate fans who, even if they can afford it and could go, choose to spend their disposable income on something else next season. It's their choice and they know the risks; give up a season ticket and potentially miss out when we sell them out if/when we go back up, no access to away tickets etc.

No-one who doesn't renew will stop following their team, unless your definition of following is attending? Someone not renewing will probably still listen on the radio, watch on TV. Is that acceptable or do you have to be in the stadium to be a real fan?

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Not for you but for some fans that are more casual than others, as proven by the drop in attendances when we become mediocre in the Prem and when we drop down divisions. It's the way it is for every club. It's why we always had a core season ticket base whatever division we've been in. They go no matter what and that works for them.

This whole I AM LOYAL brigade is just weird tbh. If you want to renew, just renew. There's no need to denigrate fans who, even if they can afford it and could go, choose to spend their disposable income on something else next season. It's their choice and they know the risks; give up a season ticket and potentially miss out when we sell them out if/when we go back up, no access to away tickets etc.

No-one who doesn't renew will stop following their team, unless your definition of following is attending? Someone not renewing will probably still listen on the radio, watch on TV. Is that acceptable or do you have to be in the stadium to be a real fan?

People will pick and choose what is right for them and fair enough. I've chosen games I want to go and the ones I don't. What I can't stand is those on the bandwagon who the second things aren't going how they want then choose to stop attending games altogether and the second we're doing well are all over it. You've got to take the rough with the smooth in my opinion, that's what football is all about. 

1 hour ago, Death by Football said:

Is that possible to rearrange seating if you have someone come with you then? This is a major factor for me as I would like to be able to go with other people now and again, but there’s never any seats available near where i sit. One of my main reasons for thinking of just going back to membership was that that way I can have more flexibility where I sit, but if it’s possible to relocate now and again that would be a big plus towards renewing my ST

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

So what will the excuses be from the non season ticket holders who can’t get a ticket because the ground isn’t big enough next season?

We averaged gates around 21-23k last time we were in that league, the extra 7k STH when we went up, they will stick around surely.

If not then yes around 8-10k empty seats to choose from but hold on, you won’t be able to buy one without a membership, no rocking up on match day. 

It will be interesting to see the outcome, for all we know we might be like Norwich and have a full house every game. Doubt it though.

15 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’m sorry, but anyone who thinks the championship would be good is insane. 

Nothing good will come of relegation. It will likely **** is good and proper. 

Can’t wait to see us get thrashed by ****ing Plymouth. 

15 hours ago, Pliskin said:

It won’t be difficult after ten years sitting mid table in league one. 

Jeeze I thought I was pessimistic!

In all honesty though hopefully we'll lose a few of the fair-weather fans that seemed to rise out of the woodwork around 15/16.

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Is that possible to rearrange seating if you have someone come with you then? This is a major factor for me as I would like to be able to go with other people now and again, but there’s never any seats available near where i sit. One of my main reasons for thinking of just going back to membership was that that way I can have more flexibility where I sit, but if it’s possible to relocate now and again that would be a big plus towards renewing my ST

You can relocate but you need to phone the sales office to do it.  I've done it several times this season as the folks next to me are season ticket holders too so their seats are never available.  If you move in the same area there's no cost - if you move to a more expensive area then you have to pay the difference I think - I always stay in the same stand so don't know for sure.

• Like 1