Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham Post Mortem

1 minute ago, MancFox24 said:

I just don't get it. Perhaps someone who knows more about tactics than me can explain how we allow so much space through the centre of the pitch every single game. We seem to do a stupid half press where some make a half arsed effort to press and others don't so teams play around us so easily and then they're in on goal. I just don't understand how it's being allowed to happen over and over again under 2 different managers now 

We don’t constrict the space, so we get over run. 

Most top teams will have the two wide midfielders press and drop back in. We don’t do this. People rubbished Perez, however tactically he was our best wide player for the overall team game. 

Our full backs aren’t great at defending and often get stuck in no man’s land, trying to pick up wide players of the opposing team or even the attacking, which opens up huge holes in the defence. 

Soumare, Tielemans and even Ndidi are about as mobile as an artic tanker trying to turn around outside a school at 08:45 AM. 

We should have gone three at the back months ago with a double pivot to protect the defence, as that’s about as solid as we’ll see. We’ve looked awful previously, however no worse than what we’ve just witnessed.

This would have allowed Castagne, Ricardo, VK and Thomas to at least focus more on attacking and offer naturally width. 

We’ve also become slow to press as well. I’d love to know what our turnover speed is now, as it was amongst the best on the league in fairness to Rodgers in his first 18 months with us. 

We can’t ignore how awful we’ve been from set pieces as well. We could have setup to purely defend on Goalposts for the early part of the season and we’d have stopped a good few goals going in.

Sometimes going back to basics works. If we’d have done this 10 games ago, we’d most likely have got more points. 

We have made some terrible errors as well. Ward playing for so long when Iversen is clearly better, albeit not exceptional himself. 

• Like 3

Just now, KFS said:

What’s worrying is the amount of changes smith and even our fans think we need. There’s a new individual error every week. All points toward the championship. 

It's the same old players at fault. Timmy, Niddi, Soumaré, these 3 have cost us so many points this season it's crazy. 

2 minutes ago, stourbridgefox said:

I remember being so proud of our fans when we sang 'we are staying up' up until we won the title in 2015.

And the reaction to struggling the previous season - surely that helped us to stay up?

We now have fans so entitled that they have no stomach for a fight; so arrogant that they slate the travelling fans for clapping the team off; and so mentally weak that they throw their teddies over losing a football game.

We are probably going down...

Grow up and live with it!

Maybe you haven’t noticed that we have thrown away a great opportunity to establish ourselves as a top half PL side through incredibly poor recruitment, coaching and decision making at the very top of the club.  The rise was spectacular but likewise the fall and it’s really sad to see what we are at present. People are entitled to be angry, disappointed and dejected with what we have become but it doesn’t mean we won’t be backing the team and hoping for a fresh start next season :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

1 Get new owners

2 new management structure at the top.

3. New Manager

4. Recruit new players rebuild squad 

5.sell training ground for housing and build smaller training ground.

6 scrap NFC ticket system 

7 Introduce a better selection of pies on home match day 

So a phoenix club? 

Guest Mee-9
6 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

What has he said?

Saying it looks like a team of players who are off in Summer basically.

Said that after 10 minutes you could see we had no idea. 

OK I'm going to write something even I don't believe. It's very possible looking at the remaining fixtures, that no-one (other than F****t against Saints) gets another point before the final day. We beat West Ham and stay up on GD. What do you think? Anyone... Please... :dunno:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Vs Liverpool. It's pretty simple. Start Mendy. Don't start Youri. Don't play Ndidi, play KDH. Tell Madders to pass the f'in ball! Play Ricky P and drop Timmy. Tell Barnes to grow a barsteward pair. Soutter for Faes. 

Iverson 

Ricky P    Soutter   Cags   Kristianson 

Mendy 

KDH/Tete                            Barnes 

Maddison 

Vardy 

not sure we're good enough to start with 10 men tbh

7 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Vs Liverpool. It's pretty simple. Start Mendy. Don't start Youri. Don't play Ndidi, play KDH. Tell Madders to pass the f'in ball! Play Ricky P and drop Timmy. Tell Barnes to grow a barsteward pair. Soutter for Faes. 

Iverson 

Ricky P    Soutter   Cags   Kristianson 

Mendy 

KDH/Tete                            Barnes 

Maddison 

Vardy 

At least give us a chance by selecting 11

Just now, jonny_wright said:

Funny thing about Leicester is:

People said “would you take winning the fa cup and being relegated”

Like a scenario that wouldn’t happen but you’d take it - and with us it actually happens 😂😂😂

Happened in the same season to Wigan!

Embarrassing performance. So many of us left on the fourth. I'm fuming

We've gone, we're incapable of keeping goals out...I wouldn't mind if we really went for it and put a shift in but we don't.

I can't wait for the back of this season and so many players

1 minute ago, fabufox said:

OK I'm going to write something even I don't believe. It's very possible looking at the remaining fixtures, that no-one (other than F****t against Saints) gets another point before the final day. We beat West Ham and stay up on GD. What do you think? Anyone... Please... :dunno:

Let's just see how today goes first champ. 

Hope Kuhn Top also realises how much his ownership is disliked amongst sections in our fanbase too. 

Don’t care about Vichai’s legacy - you’ve driven this club into the ground by complete negligence. Please sell the club you div.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fabufox said:

I’m not sure we pick up another point.

We are really relying on others doing the same. 

• Like 3