Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham Post Mortem

I arrived in Dublin to see Springsteen tomorrow was browsing here on the way into the City Centre by bus saw it was 1-0 got off the bus 2-0 got to my hotel and it was 4-0. I actually went and turned the BBC notifications off it’s that bad. 

We’re gone, today was the day we needed to take a stand. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ashdav86 said:

Story of our season in one game there

Conceded first check

Gave ball away for goal check

Poor goalkeeping on a goal check

Wide open midfield check

Defensive error costing goal check

Played better second half check

Scored more than once and lost check

Looked a goal threat check

Lack of leadership check

Lack of passion check

Lack of fitness check

Sinking feeling afterwards check

Missing a penalty check.

4 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

This is hugely telling. 

I go back to an interview Barnes gave after the Villa defeat. He was smiling throughout the interview and seemed completely unaware that we were in a relegation fight.

Could see within the first 5 minutes that everything was laboured and we had little idea other than knocking it long once we realised we didn’t have the smarts to play our way out from the back.

Too many that have no skin in the game and are thinking they won’t be around next season to suffer the aftermath. There are the obvious ones like Tielemans and Maddison (who we’ve let wear the armband for the majority of the season for some bizarre reason) but even likes of Castagne and Soumare will be expecting their agent to get them a move back to Italy and France etc.

Today was the culmination of poor off-field management and the day it became abundantly clear we’re getting what we deserve for the gross negligence.

• Like 1

The players will move on, many will already have new clubs sorted, others will have their agents on speed dial as we speak

The managers came in on a dream contract, keep us up you're heros, if we go down no-one will point the finger at you ,  just have a go.

The board, well if Top FINALLY sees them for the ineffective frauds they are maybe he will take action. Maybe.

As for Top himself,  poorly advised?  Lack of commitment ? Other business interests taking priority? Whatever he's massively dropped the ball the past 2 seasons. 

And Rodgers, rats and sinking ship comes to mind

So all the above will either move on or carry on until they get a better offer or choose to spend their time on the golf course, beach, or watching their horses racing or polo team playing.

So who is really going to suffer with relegation?

Well its us, the fans of course

Us who spend hard earned money for overpriced shirts, beer , food etc

Who put up with endless petty rules and conditions from the commercial team and ticket office

Etc etc etc

Because for the players, directors, managers, even the owner,  its a job for now, a contract for a couple of years, unless they get a better offer, a pastime to be enjoyed in the good times.

For us fans, its 

FOR  LIFE

CITY TILL I DIE

Right?

We can't leave , move on cos this is our club!

and we have been massively let down!!

Sorry for the rant

But I could just cry with anger and frustration right now and the thought of watching the rest of this season, makes me feel sick

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

I thought Smith et al were brought in, at least in part, to shore up the defensive side of the team?

🤷‍♂️

It’s our midfield though. Praet looked knackered after 20 mins, Tielemans ain’t bothered anymore and Soumare is.. Soumare.

To concede 5 at this stage of the season is relegation stuff written all over it.

We probably need to go down tbh. To be able to reset and rebuild.

1 minute ago, Ashdav86 said:

You think vardy would have scored the Everton one?

I have no idea mate, who knows, I couldn't tell you anything for certain when it comes to LCFC this season, apart from we will inevitably concede first. 

Everton at the moment, good team cohesion, fight, passion and attacking intent, somebody has told them of a relegation fight. And today's leicesters plight.....im sure forest will do the same. Its freaking gutting to watch what witnessed today at fulham

1 minute ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Do our players want us to get relegated?

They just don't care either way and have been existing in an environment of zero jeopardy for over a year.

They are simultaneously garbage and utterly convinced that they're players of elite quality.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly this place stinks, what the hell are they playing at? 

Why the **** does he think saying they weren't hungry enough is worth it? 

It's true, he is admitting to not caring for this clubs future, because the **** knows he will jump ship next season.

If you need any proof we are down than this is it.

We are done.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

As well as  can’t pass, can’t score, can’t shoot and can’t be arsed, it’s just a disjointed assortment of average individuals that don’t play as a team. 

Well we scored 3 today, scoring really hasn't been the issue.

In the context of the game that has to be one of our worst performances in years.

In a relegation dogfight against a team with little to play for and we were walking around the pitch watching them pass it round us. 

Fact is half the team (and the manager, frankly) know they won’t be here past June and have completely checked out.

Our only hope this year was to sack Rodgers either in the autumn or if not, in January after the World Cup. We didn’t. 

We are so easy to play against. Just press high up the pitch in numbers and be aggressive against the midfielders. 

Even if we get back the ball, just mark the 2 or 3 front players that have stayed up. And rinse and repeat. 

5 minutes ago, MiDuck55 said:

The players will move on, many will already have new clubs sorted, others will have their agents on speed dial as we speak

The managers came in on a dream contract, keep us up you're heros, if we go down no-one will point the finger at you ,  just have a go.

The board, well if Top FINALLY sees them for the ineffective frauds they are maybe he will take action. Maybe.

As for Top himself,  poorly advised?  Lack of commitment ? Other business interests taking priority? Whatever he's massively dropped the ball the past 2 seasons. 

And Rodgers, rats and sinking ship comes to mind

So all the above will either move on or carry on until they get a better offer or choose to spend their time on the golf course, beach, or watching their horses racing or polo team playing.

So who is really going to suffer with relegation?

Well its us, the fans of course

Us who spend hard earned money for overpriced shirts, beer , food etc

Who put up with endless petty rules and conditions from the commercial team and ticket office

Etc etc etc

Because for the players, directors, managers, even the owner,  its a job for now, a contract for a couple of years, unless they get a better offer, a pastime to be enjoyed in the good times.

For us fans, its 

FOR  LIFE

CITY TILL I DIE

Right?

We can't leave , move on cos this is our club!

and we have been massively let down!!

Sorry for the rant

But I could just cry with anger and frustration right now and the thought of watching the rest of this season, makes me feel sick

Exactly 💯👏

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Because a large portion of our fanbase think clapping and cheering makes them better fans. It's about point scoring. Where as it actually makes them the absolute worst kind. 

...a more emphatic call for the removal of Rodgers, could have turned this board into removing him a lot sooner than we did!!!

The fact that the crowd was prepared to accept this disaster of a season, and what they could see on the pitch they had wholly endorsed (and by their silence, they did), is a contributory factor to our situation. The Manager's role would not have been such a poisoned chalice, had we given a prospective candidate the opportunity and time to make a difference.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1