Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham Post Mortem

32 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Could you advise on how you make a player sign a contract extension or move to another club they don’t fancy? It’s impossible- you can’t really blame the club for it. You’ll see more of it - players and their agents can get more money for themselves by leaving on a free after running down their contracts. It’shappenning  right across Europe and the clubs who suffer are those like ourselves who rely on buying cheap and selling dear to survive. 

Obviously you can’t make them sign contracts 🙄 but the club can’t be an exciting prospect can they?

I think its clear that there are some pretty fundamental issues behind the scenes somewhere. We weren't at the races today, and 5 mins in i said to the family that we were not getting anything today. No idea we were going to get 5 pumped past us.

I think Deans approach to build confidence has been admirable, and got us points where in the past we would have dropped them. But there is apathy tucked away in there that isn't reparable, and I imagine the management team have worked it out pretty quickly.  Team Dean looked pumped at the start, now they look clueless. Its going to take more than telling everyone they are awesome for them to actually commit during a game of football. 

Everything look wrong. Sad its come to it, and relegation feels like a fitting end to this dog turd of a season.

• Like 4

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm starting to wish Rodgers had stayed. 

Not because he'd have kept us up or even done any better but because he deserves 100% of the blame when we go. 

Kills me that it might actually soften the blow to his reputation when one or two of his media mates start writing that maybe we wouldn't have gone down if he stayed. 

Me too.

I want to drag him down with us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not because he'd have kept us up or even done any better but because he deserves 100% of the blame when we go. 

Kills me that it might actually soften the blow to his reputation when one or two of his media mates start writing that maybe we wouldn't have gone down if he stayed. 

It is the additional kick in the bollocks, this. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He won’t get his share of blame I agree and he does deserves his share, but the slack the players are shown on here is disgusting.

Edited by Dahnsouff

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know it is very unlikely but I hope we never play one of his teams again. The media narrative would be nauseating and you know his team would pass us off the park 3-0 and be sickly sweet in his post match whilst some of our fans applaud him.

Guest bennytwohats
14 minutes ago, Philkeavo said:

It’s time to ask the questions of who signed off the contracts on Rodgers abysmal signings. It easy to blame Rodgers but where was the due diligence at the senior level in the club. Heads must roll. Is it too much to expect Rudkin to fall on his sword?

I agree. Whatever happens this season, with relegation looking all but inevitable now, I just want to see some accountability at the club for the complacency we’ve seen this season. Rudkin going should be a minimum. We need to be spelling out to the fans what changes are going to be made that will prevent this situation happening again.

The silence from the club has been deafening at times this season. Would love to be a fly on the wall in some of the conversations behind the scenes 

Guest Col city fan
23 minutes ago, Philkeavo said:

It’s time to ask the questions of who signed off the contracts on Rodgers abysmal signings. It easy to blame Rodgers but where was the due diligence at the senior level in the club. Heads must roll. Is it too much to expect Rudkin to fall on his sword?

Of course it is. Rudkin is not the type of bloke who’d fall on his sword and he’s so far up Top’s backside that he’ll stay whatever.

Rudkin has done a tremendous job at feathering his own nest at Leicester. He’s been doing it for years and fair play to him because he’s stayed at the club through various different managers. He must have something about him.

2 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Perhaps we should play with a midfield next week.

This is the crux for me.

Our midfield doesn't protect our defence.  They stand off rather than getting in the face of the opposition, make ittle attempt to tackle and fight to turn over possession, don't track back effectively, give the ball away cheaply and often dangerously.  They are weak both mentally and physically.

The management have sidelined KDH who, for all his faults, adds the fight and determination needed in our situation, and Mendy who defends with discipline and is generally safe with his passing.

Instead we have Tielemans who is deemed as undroppable by the management even though he embodies all the wrong characteristics for our current situation.  The very rare quality pass or shot he comes up with doesn't compensate for his casual, sloppy and "don't care" attitude.  And to make him captain when he has refused to commit to us for 2 years makes no sense.  Maddison, for me, contributes more but still comes across as someone who is more concerned with himself rather than the team ... shame that we still need him now that Nacho is crocked.

I can't understand how management are so blinded.  Our current manager made some comments earlier in the week that gave the impression he saw the midfield as being part of the problem but the changes I hoped for didn't happe.

Everton's performance just now should give us hope that even against Newcastle and Liverpool we could still get some points but our team just doesn't seem to have the bottle or the will to be up for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Slagging off a large chunk of the fanbase who didn’t want rodgers gone is moot. - they would likely say that rodgers would have got the points we needed if he hadn’t been sacked 

brendan can’t lose 

No. Brendan couldn't win. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Thought this as well.

Rodgers deserves that relegation on his CV.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The decision to leave Mendy out of the squad was tactical. 

Insane. Utterly 

He is definitely better than what we currently have and always looks to get us on the front foot. He would be worth keeping when the inevitable happens.

You know it’s bad when people say Mendy is the answer. The fact he’s still part of the squad, let alone being touted to start, after being not deemed good enough and released and excluded is part of the reason we’re down here 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd almost agree if it weren't inevitable that his mates in the press would spin it as being lucky to be in the division to start with and what did we expect not giving him even more than the £200m he had to spend. 

much as I'd like to destroy his career the way he destroyed this club, he's teflon

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'd almost agree if it weren't inevitable that his mates in the press would spin it as being lucky to be in the division to start with and what did we expect not giving him even more than the £200m he had to spend. 

much as I'd like to destroy his career the way he destroyed this club, he's teflon

Sad thing is the truth unlikely to ever reach general circulation. He’d all but gave up 

God that was woeful. A pathetic impression of a football team from a group of frauds whi couldn't care less about this club. Faes is a diabolical player. He's not the only issue in a defence that I genuinely feel me and my mates could break through at will, but he's an absolute shower. I hope people have seen the light there. His goals conceded per game record must be just about the worst in league history? Soumare is a clueless sack of crap and Youri moves like he's pulling a caravan. We will be playing a championship football next season, but most of our players won't be. That probably says it all.