Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham Post Mortem

10 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You know it’s bad when people say Mendy is the answer. The fact he’s still part of the squad, let alone being touted to start, after being not deemed good enough and released and excluded is part of the reason we’re down here 

If you compare the three CDM’s, Mendy has consistently put in the best performances when given the opportunities this season. If anything it’s the obsession with the hopeless Wilf and Soumare which has led to a crazy amount of goals conceded through their mistakes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm starting to wish Rodgers had stayed. 

Not because he'd have kept us up or even done any better but because he deserves 100% of the blame when we go. 

Kills me that it might actually soften the blow to his reputation when one or two of his media mates start writing that maybe we wouldn't have gone down if he stayed. 

Yeah I thought that, I was glad when he went but it either needed to be done around February or not at all. You can't give Smith much more than about 5% tops of the blame.

• Like 1

Its the hope thats the worst feeling.

Knowing we are inept, have no players with any bollox and none who play for  the shirt.

They just dont want to get injured for their new teams in summer.

Today was disgusting.

Atleast we know it's over now..

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If you compare the three CDM’s, Mendy has consistently put in the best performances when given the opportunities this season. If anything it’s the obsession with the hopeless Wilf and Soumare which has led to a crazy amount of goals conceded through their mistakes. 

Mendy is Miles  above their level as you say

Edited by Claridge

33 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The decision to leave Mendy out of the squad was tactical. 

Insane. Utterly insane.

The amount of baffling decisions this season is mad. Every couple of weeks something mind boggling occurs and the circus goes on. 

We’re genuinely better off going down and clearing the lot out, the owners, the board, the players, coaches, manager, get rid of the lot. 

We’re going down, whether this season or next, it’s going to happen given the state of the squad - probably better for it to happen this season before next.

Then a huge clear out - playing staff, coaches, Rudkin, and start a new 3-5 year plan.

If the owners are not prepared to do what it

requires, they should just sell, because we’ve gone back 10 years under Rodgers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm starting to wish Rodgers had stayed. 

Not because he'd have kept us up or even done any better but because he deserves 100% of the blame when we go. 

Kills me that it might actually soften the blow to his reputation when one or two of his media mates start writing that maybe we wouldn't have gone down if he stayed. 

The thought of this actually makes me feel sick, yet its almost inevitable.

We were lucky to have an elite manager come and have everything his way other than an unlimited cheque book after 4 years.

If he hadn't have been victimised we prob would have stayed up easily, Maddison & Youri would have stayed & messi prob would have fancied a year or two in Leicester. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It's because he's so diminutive.  There's no other logical reason not to play him. It's not logical to me but it's my only conclusion of what the management must think.

Edited by John12345

10 minutes ago, Raj said:

Its the hope thats the worst feeling.

Knowing we are inept, have no players with any bollox and none who play for  the shirt.

They just dont want to get injured for their new teams in summer.

Today was disgusting.

Atleast we know it's over now..

Oh I don't know. Today was the day I lost hope of us staying up and it's been by far the worst feeling football wise for a very long time. 

43 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The decision to leave Mendy out of the squad was tactical. 

Insane. Utterly insane.

Don't need two DM's on the bench, and glad Mendidi is a thing of the past, well for now anyway.

2 minutes ago, John12345 said:

It's because he's so diminutive.  There's no other logical reason not to play him.

So many managers believe that the holding player must be 6ft plus yet two of the best to ever do it are Kante and Makelele

Edited by desertfox2
Makelele.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Eskay said:

Our fans are clapping them off???!!!!!!!

Idiots. Total morons. This is why our club needs a factory reset. 

Yeah and bear in mind these are the same morons who go away every away match thus preventing proper fans from ever getting the chance to go.

3 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Oh I don't know. Today was the day I lost hope of us staying up and it's been by far the worst feeling football wise for a very long time. 

Yeah, today's the day I've given up. Finally feeling the culmination of what has been happening to the club over the past couple of seasons, and it's awful tbh. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

The thought of this actually makes me feel sick, yet its almost inevitable.

We were lucky to have an elite manager come and have everything his way other than an unlimited cheque book after 4 years.

If he hadn't have been victimised we prob would have stayed up easily, Maddison & Youri would have stayed & messi prob would have fancied a year or two in Leicester. 

No way will he escape blame.

He and the board have cost us our status but rest assured he's damaged goods now after Leicester. 

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yeah and bear in mind these are the same morons who go away every away match thus preventing proper fans from ever getting the chance to go.

You utter gob shite ! wish you were standing in front of me right now, would save the cat getting a kicking !!

• Like 1

The three teams down there right now are the three that deserve to go down. The other two  have issues and will probably be down there again next year but this year, Leicester, Leeds and Saints tick all the boxes;

shit owners

shit mentality

shit recruitment

shit business plan

shit style

shit managers. 

it is what it is. 

• Like 1

If there's one silver lining, i think we'd have  gone down next season, unless we'd recruited a really brilliant manager and many good players. That's not easy to do. Even less so when the Board are so weak. It's not a silver lining, but it makes things a little easier to take. Rodgers should have gone 2 seasons ago give or take. Anyone looking at things clearly could see he was a shower.  We were at a crossroads then and we went the wrong way. By giving him more time, he's just made decision after decision to compound things and its just too late now. The best thing would be for Top to sell the club to some bright , well resourced people with new ideas and energy.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Of course Mendy is the better option than Ndidi and Soumare, which is my point. It shows how bad it is that we’re desperate for Mendy to come in. He’s not, nor has ever been good enough. Right now though he’s still better than Ndidi and Soumare

• Like 2