Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham Post Mortem

3 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Micky Adams shown his class at half time today. Deserved a better reception from our support after the job he did for us imo.

He's well liked by us all. He did a good job. But expecting fans to start clapping like seals for a bloke who left us 20 years ago when they've just witnessed that is a bit much.

And we won't even mention signing Dennis Wise whilst managing our rivals.

Edited by Gamble92

5 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

I agree. Whatever happens this season, with relegation looking all but inevitable now, I just want to see some accountability at the club for the complacency we’ve seen this season. Rudkin going should be a minimum. We need to be spelling out to the fans what changes are going to be made that will prevent this situation happening again.

The silence from the club has been deafening at times this season. Would love to be a fly on the wall in some of the conversations behind the scenes 

...Rodgers was given a lot of leeway in regard to this club!!!

You do not pay someone the big end of £10m a year to then tie his hands, there would have been a crossover between himself and Rudkin of which Rudkin would have had to give way to the requests from Rodgers as Top had elevated Rodgers into a position where the whole club was in his hands. Eventually, you saw the club attempting to claw back the reigns, Congerton went and little by little we were trying to get back to what we did before. Rodgers claimed that he had not spoken to Khun Top for a year, what does that tell you that was going on?

I totally agree that there have been issues with far too generous contracts dealt out to players. If there is a budgeted amount to spend on player's wages, so long as we could fit a contract within that pre-arranged agreement then you either sell an asset in order for you to stay within the parameter

Whelan would have known about the expenditure on wages and transfers and the Financial Controller would also have the same figures, the club obviously chose to work outside of the agreed budget and that would have had to have been sanctioned by Khun Top. 

11 hours ago, Eskay said:

Our fans are clapping them off???!!!!!!!

Idiots. Total morons. This is why our club needs a factory reset. 

Said it in another thread, they've fully accepted the narrative about us being an also-ran. The fans don't hold any standards. We've as a collective made this too easy for them to take the piss.

Leeds fans forced their owner to take action. Our fans clap off the latest disgrace.

We used to be riled by being told to know our place. Now we just follow suit. Weak fanbase. Weak club.

• Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

And we won't even mention signing Dennis Wise whilst managing our rivals.

Who did that?

Edit - I did not know micky did this.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Watching that post-match BBC Maddison interview, he kept scatching his face and head as he was answering the questions. Did that betray a certain insincerity in what he was saying? Was he really being contrite about the team's performance, or was he simply trying to hide behind a facade of appearing to be so? Maybe one of FT's behavioural analysts could help with these questions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Watching that post-match BBC Maddison interview, he kept scatching his face and head as he was answering the questions. Did that betray a certain insincerity in what he was saying? Was he really being contrite about the team's performance, or was he simply trying to hide behind a facade of appearing to be so? Maybe one of FT's behavioural analysts could help with these questions.

I thought the same. Didn't strike me as wholly sincere. Just very good acting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Said it in another thread, they've fully accepted the narrative about us being an also-ran. The fans don't hold any standards. We've as a collective made this too easy for them to take the piss.

Leeds fans forced their owner to take action. Our fans clap off the latest disgrace.

We used to be riled by being told to know our place. Now we just follow suit. Weak fanbase. Weak club.

I wonder who got the players and fans into that mindset? Our successes were built on the exact opposite and fighting for it. 

The philosophy of this Club is ´´If it´s broke, don´t fix it´´.    Retaining Rudkin and Rogers beyond their sell by dates has consequences.  It It is how it is. We have to accept this and change things now.    Coaching needs major surgery through most levels and hopefully recruitment will be easier this summer, now we have found our level.

Personally, I feel Top has been let down badly by the so called Football people at the Club.  As for the players, it will be a blessing that most of them are off at the end of this month.

Keep the faith. We will be back.

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

I thought the same. Didn't strike me as wholly sincere. Just very good acting.

Media consciousness, savvy and disingenuous. How strange, prior to the World Cup, busting a gut. After the World Cup, different player despite injury. Must have had the same Media guru as chubby chops Tielemans or been to Rodgers after work grooming classes! Bye boys 🤚🖐

14 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

How are our fans still clapping? lol 

I got pelters for applauding Youri / a couple others yesterday. It was likely my last game of the season so also likely the last time I’ll see some of them in a Leicester shirt. I felt I wanted to show some appreciation, particularly to Tielemans.

I think any fans applauding are either doing a similar thing to me, or are appreciative of the fact they at least came over rather than running down the tunnel. 

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

I got pelters for applauding Youri / a couple others yesterday. It was likely my last game of the season so also likely the last time I’ll see some of them in a Leicester shirt. I felt I wanted to show some appreciation, particularly to Tielemans.

I think any fans applauding are either doing a similar thing to me, or are appreciative of the fact they at least came over rather than running down the tunnel. 

You pay your money, you can do what you like. I just wouldn’t applaud any of them because their reputation has been completely tarnished as far as im concerned. Even with the fa cup win. To down tools as badly as they have when we all know they have the quality is disgusting. As a fanbase, we have to have standards and show them that this is utterly unacceptable. I just couldn’t bring myself to applaud a bunch of soft blokes that deep down, do not really care where we will end up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

You pay your money, you can do what you like. I just wouldn’t applaud any of them because their reputation has been completely tarnished as far as im concerned. Even with the fa cup win. To down tools as badly as they have when we all know they have the quality is disgusting. As a fanbase, we have to have standards and show them that this is utterly unacceptable. I just couldn’t bring myself to applaud a bunch of soft blokes that deep down, do not really care where we will end up. 

If it makes it any better I was calling each & everyone of them ***** for the previous 90 mins, so I get where you’re coming from 😂

8 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

People talking about getting relegated this season or next. 

Well struggle to stay up in the Championship next season under this ownership. 

Yes it's not going to be a defacto reset just because we get relegated. 

I have been saying this all season long our players don’t have the technical ball skills of the other teams , when we get the ball we struggle to bring it under control and are passing is horrible. And the playing out from the back has put us under so much pressure we just give them goals , we need a really good clean out and bring in players who can hold the ball and then pass it to a team mate . Can’t believe we are headed to the championship after some great years , but I will still be watching when they come on down under . 

17 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Matt Piper on RL said Tielemans was straight down the tunnel, once the whistle blew.

Not a thought to thank our travelling support. 
l understand your opening paragraph though.