Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham Post Mortem

Guest Mee-9

You’ve got to be a thick twat if you think we’re going to stay up, and you’ve got to be thicker thinking that was acceptable.

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

We were never this bad under Taylor.

According to Pipes we've never lost more games in one PL season than this.

In a 38 game season, presumably we lost more in 94/95.

Edited by Tuna

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Bob Geldof said it best, “I don’t like Mondays”

Bit late scoring goals when you’re 4-0 and 3-0 down the other week 

The only light on a dark

day to cheer me up was the Blackburn Millwall result 

5-3 looks like a competitive game but it was nowhere near.

One of my pet hates is being thrashed and then a bit of a comeback makes it look half respectable. Just like we won the XG against Man City it's all pointless when you're 3-0 down. Just like today is pointless when your 4-0 before you decide to make a game of it.

• Like 4

matchstats.thumb.JPG.eaf57a39aef2996c28c9d3a6757a6a07.JPG

1.7 *                                       xG                                         3.3

* WTF, Opta?

I think this along with some of our other replies is really quite disrespectful of those who pay the money to support our team away from home. They’ve paid the money, theyve travelled down, if they want to clap them off then let them 

edit

didnt quote properly but this is aimed at the people having a pop at fans clapping the team off

Edited by Hinckleyfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Same issue since the start of 21/22 we can't defend.

As well as  can’t pass, can’t score, can’t shoot and can’t be arsed, it’s just a disjointed assortment of average individuals that don’t play as a team. 

We are cursed..

The bounce of that freak FK, players slipping and falling over at key moments, passes going astray at the most inopportune times, not getting the calls from the officials, stupid fouls and our talisman gets a penalty saved at a crucial moment.

But seriously, a woeful performance. Soyuncu the one man defence yet again, what a great player he is. If only Soumare had 1% of his passion and fight..

This is Top's fault so I don't know why he has that soppy look on his face. Should've sacked Rodgers 2 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

An absolute disgrace and not fit to wear the shirt bar a few exceptions.

Top, Rudkin, Whelan, Rodgers hang your heads in shame.

Who are the exceptions? I don't just mean this game. Which player deserves credit over recent games, (say last ten) and who out of this lot do you want to see start in August against Ipswich on day one?

Obviously some will move on. From what will be left, I can't really think of one.

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Not picking a defensive shield in midfield just a sloppy carefree passer in Youri (2023 model) and someone who can't be ar**d to track in Soumare. No protection at all. Everton had so much space around the edge of the box, we've had a week to think about it but rinse and repeat today.

Who does he pick though. Ndidi is absolutely powderpuff these days and apparently KDH is barely up to National League standard. 

Ability is there in this squad but mentally and fitness wise they don't have it plus they've bought into Rodgers absolute crap and can't let go of it yet.

The only hope now is that 2 other teams are worse than us

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Bit like the 3-1 defeat at Spurs a few years ago when Vardy also missed a penalty. 

Appreciate this is slightly flattered by us having 2 penalties but shows how porous our defence is, and sadly Iversen appears to have had a shocker after his heroics in the previous game.

They took their chances and we didn't - we're so soft. 

Can't believe Mendy is not playing, the defence is crying out for more protection. Both Soumare and Tielemans are better with a DM alongside them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Didn't bat en eyelid or even get annoyed when each of their five goals went in.  Didn't cheer or even bat an eyelid when we scored each of our three.

I almost watched that game like I'd watch a game as a neutral.  That's how Leicesters got me at the minute.

Exactly the same here.

• Like 1