Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham Post Mortem

We have been shit for a long long time , I'd even say the fa cup papered over the cracks that were appearing. Something really should have been done, and that's on the board.  Keeping Rodgers way to long, schmiecal and fofana sold, so many errors from the board and managers. 

Why is it so obvious to the fans that selecting certain players ( amartey , ward ) and not others throughout the season ( soyuncu , nacho , mendy etc) and managers persist in not suring up the problem areas ? 

• Like 2

I blame Smith and his team for not setting up to be hard to beat. 

From the off , we looked lethargic and game Fulham the initiative.

They should have been fully pumped up for this afternoons game and they totally bottled it.

Embarrassing from all of them.

Everton will make it difficult for Brighton to break them down, even if they lose

• Thanks 1

Bottleless. You’d think this was a great chance for us to get a result against a team that had lost 8 in 10, missing their three most influential players and have very little play for. None of them looked arsed and yet again we’ve started slower than a tortoise giving ourselves a mountain to climb. The masters of our own downfall, too easy to play against and not enough fighting spirit. 

• Like 4

Forest signed 30 players this year and we have the most mercenary squad in the league. Sums it up

No way that starting xi should lose like that to a Fulham team with nothing to play for without their best players.

7 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Maybe going down will do us all a favour.

If you could guarantee me the club will still exist in 5, 10, 20 years - then sure. Unfortunately I don’t think anybody can do that. Plenty still really naive about how ****ed we really are. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

A very defeatist attitude imo

We've picked up 2 points from practically our only winnable games in the run in. I've been optimistic this whole time, but after that you have to say the writing is on the wall. This club is rotten to the core. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Liverpool and Newcastle next lol lol

That GD 'advantage' we have good obliterated into non-existence after those two games. 

The defence had absolutely no protection today and Fulham found it so easy to counter attack and get space in midfield. 

The two of Soumare/Youri doesn't work. 

Yep tielemans and soumare doesn’t work. Tielemans hasn’t looked fit since he came back and looks even slower. Both of them can give the ball away bit  too easily  at times which is a liability when they are so far back. Mendy still didn’t get on. 
Our goal difference is still the best down there. If brighton and Southampton win the damage won’t be as bad although we have missed an opportunity there. We did defend shambolically today. Too many gaps and too slow to cover, get back or tackle. Little desire or pride. Very poor. The press wasn’t great either. If brighton and Southampton win tonight we have been let off the hook and we have to take advantage of that in coming games. But the players need a good long look at themselves. 

Just now, sishades said:

Exactly what Pipes says. Listen to his rant, its pure gold. 

Is that on RL? I'm not in range. I'll get it on the podcast. Pipes talks sense from time to time. And seems to genuinely love the club.