Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham Post Mortem

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

not sure we're good enough to start with 10 men tbh

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

At least give us a chance by selecting 11

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

He's got KDH and Tete at right wing what are you talking about lol

Woops, that was supposed to be Tete on the right and KDH in the middle. I've got my fuming thumbs out! 

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

We don’t constrict the space, so we get over run. 

Most top teams will have the two wide midfielders press and drop back in. We don’t do this. People rubbished Perez, however tactically he was our best wide player for the overall team game. 

Our full backs aren’t great at defending and often get stuck in no man’s land, trying to pick up wide players of the opposing team or even the attacking, which opens up huge holes in the defence. 

Soumare, Tielemans and even Ndidi are about as mobile as an artic tanker trying to turn around outside a school at 08:45 AM. 

We should have gone three at the back months ago with a double pivot to protect the defence, as that’s about as solid as we’ll see. We’ve looked awful previously, however no worse than what we’ve just witnessed.

This would have allowed Castagne, Ricardo, VK and Thomas to at least focus more on attacking and offer naturally width. 

We’ve also become slow to press as well. I’d love to know what our turnover speed is now, as it was amongst the best on the league in fairness to Rodgers in his first 18 months with us. 

We can’t ignore how awful we’ve been from set pieces as well. We could have setup to purely defend on Goalposts for the early part of the season and we’d have stopped a good few goals going in.

Sometimes going back to basics works. If we’d have done this 10 games ago, we’d most likely have got more points. 

We have made some terrible errors as well. Ward playing for so long when Iversen is clearly better, albeit not exceptional himself. 

Agree with alot of this but I'm struggling to see how 2 managers can't see it. The issue with 3 at the back is that limits your creativity and pace in the side cus Barnes would have to come out of the team. But I agree that I'd sooner see us looking defensively more solid and sacrifice some attacking threat.

There was that period before the world cup where the press looked good again and KDH was being used as the trigger for the rest of the team and he was doing it really intelligently. I just don't know what's happened since then. 

As for set pieces, I just think we must lack the profile of player to want to attack the ball. We let far too many in and carry no threat ourselves from them either

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

What do we actually do at our "state of the art" new training ground?

Sign bad players. Facilities don’t mean much if the people occupying them aren’t up to the job.

Edited by Beechey

Hey listen, I cannot abide Rodgers but....

He's pulled off a masterstroke getting out if this sh*tstorm

He's probably sitting on a tropical beach right now watching the results come in and laughing hysterically into his pina colada

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

To be fair, many of our fans wanted to be managed by Potter...

He's miles better than D. Smith. Chelsea was a bridge too far, especially with the new clown in town, but we would have been a good fit for each other.

• Like 1

That was the worst 60 mins I’ve ever witnessed. 

We’re going down, clear the lot of them out. How Top and Rudkin escape criticism is beyond me, clueless. 

Edit: I tell a lie 48 minutes I left, worst 48 mins I’ve ever witnessed. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

Just now, That_Dude said:

He's miles better than D. Smith. Chelsea was a bridge too far, especially with the new clown in town, but we would have been a good fit for each other.

I get the impression that you don't get the joke that I was making

• Haha 2

I can deal with losing. 
But when you’re in a dog fight and your big players are showing no fight at all, you haven’t got a chance. 
On and off the pitch we’ve been too passive and soft for too long now. 
Unfortunately, we deserve to go down. 

• Like 1