Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham Post Mortem

4 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Barnes would have to come out of the team.

Barnes is a Striker, 12 goals this season , our leading scorer. He is a PL quality striker and a Div.1 quality winger. The obsession with "wingers" on here is truly crazy. We haven't got any.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

Just now, Vazman said:

Take your Blue tinted foxes spectacles off and watch the match again you'll see it for what it was a dire performance.

IMO you have a very pessimistic view of our situation. It's not that bad, all things considered.

• Haha 2

Lack of leadership - we had three captains on the pitch today, with the first two subbed off. Tielemans started with the armband (he’s off in three more matches), passed it to Vardy, who passed it to Maddison (who’s also off in three matches).

Our squad management has become a joke and we’ve not recovered from letting Schmichael go.

3 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Agree with alot of this but I'm struggling to see how 2 managers can't see it. The issue with 3 at the back is that limits your creativity and pace in the side cus Barnes would have to come out of the team. But I agree that I'd sooner see us looking defensively more solid and sacrifice some attacking threat.

There was that period before the world cup where the press looked good again and KDH was being used as the trigger for the rest of the team and he was doing it really intelligently. I just don't know what's happened since then. 

As for set pieces, I just think we must lack the profile of player to want to attack the ball. We let far too many in and carry no threat ourselves from them either

Yes, the team carry Barnes in fairness, as his work rate is terrible from a defence point of view. He might work is a 4-3-3 with a workman midfield, we just can’t afford to carry him with our defence a lot of the time. 

Mahrez was the same when he was here. He was aided by having Simpson behind him.

Unfortunately it’s a balance, as he is most likely our biggest goal threat. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Barnes is a Striker, 12 goals this season , our leading scorer. He is a PL quality striker and a Div.1 quality winger. The obsession with "wingers" on here is truly crazy. We haven't got any.

Why do you keep saying Barnes is a striker when he isn’t? 

What do you do though with the remaining games. 

I fear we’ll get ripped apart by Liverpool and Newcastle.

We need to compact the space against both of them and not let them play football. We can’t afford to play a midfield with Soumare and Tielemans together. We need wippets with aggression and agility, just to stop them playing. 

Evans is in hiding in fairness. He’s fallen off the side of the planet. We could do with him back. 

Edited by Sly