Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrispinLA in Texas

Recruitment

• 1 year later...

Its been going on for the last 3 years now, from finding kristensen, soumare, daka, nacho, ward, cannon etc whose bringing these players to the managers attention with the label that they are good enough for the future

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Its been going on for the last 3 years now, from finding kristensen, soumare, daka, nacho, ward, cannon etc whose bringing these players to the managers attention with the label that they are good enough for the future

I think out of those, only Soumare and Daka can put down as bad recruitment in the last 3 years. Danny Ward had been here 6 years. Nacho was signed 7 years ago as a 20 year old. Looked a good signing at the time and didn't utilise him well. Cannon and Kristensen haven't been here long or played enough to judge and they are young.

We've got experienced players but again they can't be arsed and looked like they couldn't be bothered, just a nice overseas trip for them. Would love not given contract extensions to Hamza and Ndidi and somehow got rid of Justin who looks like a nothing  player and never have signed some of the players this summer. Bobby Ried looks like a Sunday league player and 15m for Okoli 🙄

1 hour ago, HarryDee8 said:

You've gone back through a years worth of posts to bump  this thread 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I think out of those, only Soumare and Daka can put down as bad recruitment in the last 3 years. Danny Ward had been here 6 years. Nacho was signed 7 years ago as a 20 year old. Looked a good signing at the time and didn't utilise him well. Cannon and Kristensen haven't been here long or played enough to judge and they are young.

I think it’s entirely reasonable to say that the signings of VK and Cannon have been unsuccessful for both the team and the players themselves irrespective of their age.  VK was signed to help us stave off relegation and that failed, he then was deemed surplus to requirements last season in The Championship. Cannon wasn’t trusted in The Championship even when Daka was stinking the place up and that’s continued into this Cooper era. 

Who ever is charge of recruitment and for sanctioning the signing needs to be sent packing. Without going too far back I would defo need to question the signing of Cannon £7.5m for a player who we will be waiting for his potential to show when he is 28! I think investigations need to be had for any links to Everton for money laundering. VK, Souttar, Soumare, all should have been sold as priority during the last 2 windows, they were never in the plans. Also Luke Thomas should be sold not in the plans. Who sanctioned the signing of Caleb when we got no funds and were not really short of CB's? We signed Golding for £5m but one for the future? when we got no money we cant afford to but for the future when we have a thin squad. Really poor management from above then they wonder why we have financial difficulties we cant shift deadwood. Sadly Vichai had a dream........... Top and Rudkin Peed all over it.

• Like 1

Do we even scout the South American countries. Brighton have had success recently surely we should be attempting to unearth some young talent. 

Though looking at our links to players recently it seems we’ve got lazy and just looking at anyone who’s over 30 and has played in the premier league. 

• Like 2

The difficulty this is an area we genuinely aren’t party to. Glover and his staff might be throwing all sorts of names and from different markets. 

However you have a DoF whose relationship with agents isn’t great and we aren’t party to a managers preferences (the only public thing he’s said is PL experience). 

I can't believe we're not chasing players in the lower leagues. All great players don't start at big Clubs.

We should be watching for the rising talent in these leagues and get them in early.

There's bound to be another Kevin Keegan or Paul Walsh , Jamie Vardy Etc. down there.

But you have to be viligant in watching out for them frequently.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Soar Fox said:

Do we even scout the South American countries. Brighton have had success recently surely we should be attempting to unearth some young talent. 

Though looking at our links to players recently it seems we’ve got lazy and just looking at anyone who’s over 30 and has played in the premier league. 

Feels like our scouting is minimal now, and we just looking for players who are known to be available and EPL cast off's.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joeybside said:

Seems completely scattergun. Like a mass panic buying episode on Champ Manager

It seems worse than that even at times. I'm anticipating no more outfield players in, and another goalkeeper on deadline day just to keep the others company...

9 hours ago, joeybside said:

Seems completely scattergun. Like a mass panic buying episode on Champ Manager

Yeah I'd have about 10 transfers delayed desperately trying to sell Graham Fenton for £600k to make it all work. 

• Haha 3

On 10/08/2024 at 12:50, HarryDee8 said:

What gets me is we sign a player and within 2-3 games it’s obvious that they will or won’t make it 95% of the time.

its makes me ask do we actually scout players or just buy because an agent pushes the player to us

Edited by Cincinnati Fox
  • Like 2

I feel all the negative press we had around our pending points deductions and losing Enzo and our best player, must put off our targets. I am sure if we’re in a similar place as Ipswich/Southampton are at, we would have got our targets. The mistake I think we’ve made is we’ve not not done anything to counter or behaved to the negative press across the press and social meeting. The club haven’t help themselves by seeming to keep the supporters in the dark or trying to reassuring fans by being honest with them. There’s obviously problems behind the scene but the board have simply lost the trust of the die hard supporters. I hope there will be some positive news in terms of transfer in the remaining time of the transfer window.

Finally, LCFC is the only club I have always supported and it hurts to see where we currently, but I will always live in hope, we can turn this around.

LCFC forever 🏆🏆🏆

1 hour ago, Lad1966 said:

I feel all the negative press we had around our pending points deductions and losing Enzo and our best player, must put off our targets. I am sure if we’re in a similar place as Ipswich/Southampton are at, we would have got our targets. The mistake I think we’ve made is we’ve not not done anything to counter or behaved to the negative press across the press and social meeting. The club haven’t help themselves by seeming to keep the supporters in the dark or trying to reassuring fans by being honest with them. There’s obviously problems behind the scene but the board have simply lost the trust of the die hard supporters. I hope there will be some positive news in terms of transfer in the remaining time of the transfer window.

Finally, LCFC is the only club I have always supported and it hurts to see where we currently, but I will always live in hope, we can turn this around.

LCFC forever 🏆🏆🏆

Teams on a upwards mobility project dont sell their best player unless is already a ready to go replacement, out of the things you mentioned, the KDH sale was probably the most damaging.  Of course on top of that it doesnt help the trio are frit of the press and the public.

• Thanks 1