Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

What % of FoxesTalk posters could score against Leicester City if they played as a striker for Liverpool in this game? Allegiances aside.

I reckon a fair few of us could bag a goal against our defence 😂

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

What % of FoxesTalk posters could score against Leicester City if they played as a striker for Liverpool in this game? Allegiances aside.

Full on toe pokes as well

Needs to pack that middle with energy. 

Drop Soumare and Praet. Bring in KDH and Mendy to support Youri. 

I'd be tempted to bring in Souttar for Barnes and got 352. 

Maybe remind Faes which way to shoot as well 

Get Harry Souttar up front and aim everything at his head.  Could we get Albrighton & Choudhury back in the squad for the last three games at the expense of two others?

• Like 1

Iversen - Been the best GK this season (out of a poor 2 options)

Pereira

Evans

Souttar

Thomas

(None of back 4 were good enough last week to keep their place, Evans was on the bench and if he is fit for just 45 Mins I start him in the 1st Half - if not then I go with Soyuncu to partner Souttar)

Mendy (Neither Soumare or Ndidi showed anything yesterday)

Tielemans (Although disappointing latest, Going to play on the counter, we need someone who can find a pass)

Daka

Maddison

Barnes

(Madders and Barnes are the only players that can create anything and have pretty much no competition in this very poorly balanced squad, Praet, Tete, Castagne have all been poor at RW, Daka at least has shown effort when playing on the left recently - hell I'll give him a chance)

Vardy (Well I have no other striker to choose) - Not allowed back for corners, keep him on the half way line to play on the counter

Probably not our best 11, but will be able to counter and sends a clear message that performances like Monday against Fulham especially in defence will not be tolerated.

Let them have the ball and play on the counter and really go for it every chance we have, may as well get hung for a sheep and go for it.

But more likely we'll see a team that look defeated before kick off

Iversen

Ricardo

Souttar

Soyuncu

Castagne

Mendy 

Ndidi

KDH

Maddison

Daka

Barnes

I think Mendy / Ndidi because Smith will be bricking it. KDH under orders to press like a nutter and Daka under similar orders. Swap for Vardy on 65 mins. Mendy wont last so Youri comes on a little later - 70/75 mins.

This team tries to get a draw.

11 hours ago, sylofox said:

Traveling from plymouth Thursday for a long weekend seeing family. With tickets for my first home game for years.

Best place for a pre match drink?

I can't think of one with faulty exits that would make you miss kick off.

Is there any way - any inch of possibility - that we're not losing this one heavily? :P

(I've accepted for a while that we might go down, and have taken its probability in my stride :P   (Nope, that's a lie... :( ))

Edited by PhillippaT

2 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Is there any way - any inch of possibility - that we're not losing this one heavily? :P

(I've accepted for a while that we might go down, and have taken its probability in my stride :P   (Nope, that's a lie... :( ))

Technically, it's possible. Realistically, not a chance. 

Also applies to next week I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

We need something radical and to pack the centre of the pitch. 

We need a point here as a minimal just to keep us from getting cut adrift.

We’ve actually won the last two home games against them. We desperately need to make it 3 in a row! 

Just look at the team that beat them 1-0 last season.

4E50E10C-F2AA-4FB6-85B0-3141F0CF391E.jpeg

15 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Nah - just stick me in the Liverpool goal so I don't have much to do :P 

9 hours ago, Safestandingfox said:

Don't worry about the score against Liverpool, cause apparently there's going to be a march from Mandela Park pre game :nigel:

20230509_222520.jpg

At the end of the day, by some small miracle we still have a glimpse of a chance of staying up. We need to still do our bit to push the players regardless of prior games.

Not sure why people are being so negative about it, at least some people are trying to do something. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest bennytwohats
10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

How is walking from Mandela Park gonna stop Wout Faes from walking past attackers, or Maddison strutting around like he doesn't give a shit etc?

The fans haven't been there when the clubs needed them this season (getting rid of Brendan earlier) so it just seems like a load of nonsense to be honest 

Sorry, but where do you see it try and suggest that walking from Mandela Park is going to do any of those things?

Blame the fans all you want, but at the end of the day, what have you done about it? Blaming other fans for us not getting rid of Brendan is beyond stupidity.

57 minutes ago, shiv said:

At the end of the day, by some small miracle we still have a glimpse of a chance of staying up. We need to still do our bit to push the players regardless of prior games.

Not sure why people are being so negative about it, at least some people are trying to do something. 

Because a walk from Nelson Mandela Park will really get the players motivated pre- game!!