Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

41 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

How is walking from Mandela Park gonna stop Wout Faes from walking past attackers, or Maddison strutting around like he doesn't give a shit etc?

The fans haven't been there when the clubs needed them this season (getting rid of Brendan earlier) so it just seems like a load of nonsense to be honest 

Just now, Raj said:

Because a walk from Nelson Mandela Park will really get the players motivated pre- game!!

If it gets the fans motivated and up for it then I don’t see why it bothers either of you. Many of our younger fans won’t remember prior relegations so if it’s something that gives them a glimmer of hope I really don’t get why people care. As I’ve said, at least they are trying to get some togetherness going in what’s been a year of division. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shiv said:

If it gets the fans motivated and up for it then I don’t see why it bothers either of you. Many of our younger fans won’t remember prior relegations so if it’s something that gives them a glimmer of hope I really don’t get why people care. As I’ve said, at least they are trying to get some togetherness going in what’s been a year of division. 

yes its all well and good but ive seen many a times our "Vocal "fans being "all up for it" pre game.

Once in the stadium that little bit of energy they conjured up on their walk is long gone and most are asleep!

We need the noise inside the KP NOT at Nelson Mandela Park!

Presume you WILL be joining them though?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raj said:

Because a walk from Nelson Mandela Park will really get the players motivated pre- game!!

It’s to get fans collecting together and begin building the atmosphere. It’s a more than admirable idea. 

In the last few weeks, I don’t think the support of the fans can be questioned. If the players might be left wondering what if, I don’t think the same can be said of the supporters 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Sorry, but where do you see it try and suggest that walking from Mandela Park is going to do any of those things?

Blame the fans all you want, but at the end of the day, what have you done about it? Blaming other fans for us not getting rid of Brendan is beyond stupidity.

...I  understand where @foxfanazer is coming from and I agree with him regarding the march!!!

If this march was a protest regarding what has happened to the club and stating the dereliction of duty by certain officers in the club then fine. This march however brings nothing to the table, the atmosphere has been turned up at the KP for our recent home games and yet the team has failed to respond, and failed to give us something to cheer for. The supporters have done their bit to this end, this march may enhance the day for some as an added experience,  but it will all dissipate as soon as we concede in the first minute.

As for the stadium supporters, their reluctance to voice their dismay, and as a result forcing the hierarchy to make the change in manager that was called for, does have a validity of culpability attached to them. It has taken them too long to wake up, and now at the last minute we are looking to use the force of the fans to attempt to effect change, when it was clear it was needed sometime ago.

Supporters have tried to bring  attention to our plight, only to be met with abuse and physical altercations, are these the same people, who were making disparaging remarks to genuine supporters, now attempting to unify the crowd? Where were their voices when we needed it!!

• Like 1

Hope when Deano got the team in the following day after the Fulham Debacle on a supposed day off stuck a supersized rocket up their Ar5es, a disgraceful display that CAN NOT be repeated he needs to show that game on a loop to show them how Schitt we were in the First half burn that awful god damn display into their Memories for them not to play like that again because if we do play like that against Liverpool you can say good bye to our EPL status and our goal difference as it will be a complete mess a cricket score !

One half of me is not looking forward to this as it could be a complete schitt show but the other thinks if Deano JT & Shakey do get this right get them playing how we all know they are capable of then we could get something out of this we’ve beaten them before we could do it again !!

3 games to save our season 3 games to be able to hold their heads high and say at least we tried 3 games for them to show the fans they really do care !!

Guest Mee-9

Agree with the comments regarding the march. 

It achieves nothing. Protests should have happened months ago. 

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  understand where @foxfanazer is coming from and I agree with him regarding the march!!!

If this march was a protest regarding what has happened to the club and stating the dereliction of duty by certain officers in the club then fine. This march however brings nothing to the table, the atmosphere has been turned up at the KP for our recent home games and yet the team has failed to respond, and failed to give us something to cheer for. The supporters have done their bit to this end, this march may enhance the day for some as an added experience,  but it will all dissipate as soon as we concede in the first minute.

As for the stadium supporters, their reluctance to voice their dismay, and as a result forcing the hierarchy to make the change in manager that was called for, does have a validity of culpability attached to them. It has taken them too long to wake up, and now at the last minute we are looking to use the force of the fans to attempt to effect change, when it was clear it was needed sometime ago.

Supporters have tried to bring  attention to our plight, only to be met with abuse and physical altercations, are these the same people, who were making disparaging remarks to genuine supporters, now attempting to unify the crowd? Where were their voices when we needed it!!

The fans who are saying 'we need to protest' never organise a protest, they just post on here whining about fans not protesting

The fans who slam our away end at Fulham aren't the ones at the game, they're the ones sat at home whining

Same shit all the time, people complaining about others' inaction whilst doing absolutely **** all themselves other than complain. I don't have a problem with the suggestion this won't make a difference on the pitch. I don't think it will either, I doubt the organisers do, but it's doing no harm. I do have an issue with people mocking and deriding it and calling these fans weak, whilst the best they've offered up is a post on foxes talk saying 'OuR fAnBaSe Is So WeAk'.

If anyone is blaming the fans for the situation we are in (rather than the board), you really need to give your head a wobble.

2 hours ago, shiv said:

At the end of the day, by some small miracle we still have a glimpse of a chance of staying up. We need to still do our bit to push the players regardless of prior games.

Not sure why people are being so negative about it, at least some people are trying to do something. 

Absolutely head in the clouds if you think a few people having an organised stroll for 5 minutes is gonna make an ounce of difference to the 11 players on the pitch churning out dross whilst in the most precarious position they've been in during their stay at the club. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Absolutely head in the clouds if you think a few people having an organised stroll for 5 minutes is gonna make an ounce of difference to the 11 players on the pitch churning out dross whilst in the most precarious position they've been in during their stay at the club. 

As per my point afterwards, it’s more about creating unity amongst the fans to create a better atmosphere during the game. No idea why every is getting so butthurt over it… don’t like it? Don’t go lol 

If we can just sneak that win, we can head up to Newcastle somehow get a point then come the final day at home against West Ham we can get that win. There's seven points going to keep us in the league, maybe even five could just be enough depending on results elsewhere. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If we can just sneak that win, we can head up to Newcastle somehow get a point then come the final day at home against West Ham we can get that win. There's seven points going to keep us in the league, maybe even five could just be enough depending on results elsewhere. 

Why on earth is that going to happen when we've just taken 2 points from Leeds, Everton and Fulham? We're where we are because we're considerably shorter than all of these sides. 

The same people saying this are the ones that were adamant we'd beat Fulham because they had nothing to play for. How did that turn out?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Stop doing this to yourself. It's over.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, shiv said:

As per my point afterwards, it’s more about creating unity amongst the fans to create a better atmosphere during the game. No idea why every is getting so butthurt over it… don’t like it? Don’t go lol 

You're creating a better atmosphere by holding hands and swinging scarfs around and saying don't worry about the scoreline?:nigel:

13 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Stop doing this to yourself. It's over.

The frustrating thing is that I think this would be a winnable fixture if our team had anything about them. Liverpool's away record is pretty poor and they didn't look great in their recent home games either. They're still nowhere near their best. If Forest or Everton had Liverpool at home as their next fixture, I could see both of them getting a result. Unfortunately judging from Monday's games, our squad is light years away from Forest and Everton's in terms of motivation and character.

Rob Dorsett reported yesterday that the squad is very unhappy at the suggestion that they've given up the fight and are determined to prove their critics wrong. I find this scarcely credible, but I guess we'll find out on Monday,

Edited by ClaphamFox

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The frustrating thing is that I think this would be a winnable fixture if our team had anything about them. Liverpool's away record is pretty poor and they didn't look great in their recent home games either. They're still nowhere near their best. If Forest or Everton had Liverpool at home as their next fixture, I could see both of them getting a result. Unfortunately judging from Monday's games, our squad is light years away from Forest and Everton's in terms of motivation and character.

Rob Dorsett reported yesterday that the squad is very unhappy at the suggestion that they've given up the fight and are determined to prove their critics wrong. I find this scarcely credible, but I guess we'll find out on Monday,

Let it go....

• Haha 1

So how should we approach this?  

1. Over defensive (Mendy + Ndidi) to try and protect the defense as much as possible. Hope that we can draw (puts us 1 point behind Everton) or get some luck and nick a win like we did last year.
  2. Try and get into them, expecting to lose some goals along the way. 

Klopp has steadied their ship, but Liverpool are due a poor game and we saw even against Spurs that they have frailties at the back, but are firing up front again.

For Smith, this game is a hiding to nothing. Either option he goes for is going to get criticised if we lose. If we go 2 down the crowd is going to turn.  His best option might be to hang on for as long as possible but thats not his style. Not sure this team can do that right now.

Doesn’t matter how up for this the players are if the coaches don’t give them the right structure to take on the game 

we saw against villa that a motivated team can only achieve so much without the tactics being right. 

I have little faith in smith getting the tactics right and expect that all the effort in the world from the players won’t matter a jot - could be a v painful evening if liverpool are on it. Just got to hope that they throw in a poor performance - it’s possible 

GOODNESS ME! I came on here expecting to read some gloomy posts and some scathing comments. I cannot believe that people are spouting such utter TOSH along the lines of us BEATING Liverpool (!!!!!!!!!:giggle:), GETTING A POINT at St.James Park (!!!!!!!!:D) and doing God-knows-what to WestHam!!

Struth, fellas, time to face reality :thumbdown:!