Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

3 hours ago, Safestandingfox said:

Absolutely head in the clouds if you think a few people having an organised stroll for 5 minutes is gonna make an ounce of difference to the 11 players on the pitch churning out dross whilst in the most precarious position they've been in during their stay at the club. 

I clarified my point after, but if it gives the fans that extra 1% on the day it could make a difference. Whilst I’d love to just not turn up on Monday and be miserable, and I’ve accepted we’re down, I’m not going to stop supporting the team and I’ll be making as much noise as possible. Maybe, just maybe, other fans feel the same and want to try something different :dunno:

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

May as well throw Jonny Evans in

If we do can we start him. That way he gets injured in the first 15 minutes and everyone can remember that he is a million miles away from where he used to be. 

12 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

I think Nacho is back for this game, If we can create an atmosphere at King Power, with clappers, and hopefully the players turn up and fight for the shirt maybe we can get something. 

Surely no chance Nacho is back? If so, he must have the best set of self repairing bollocks around.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

GOODNESS ME! I came on here expecting to read some gloomy posts and some scathing comments. I cannot believe that people are spouting such utter TOSH along the lines of us BEATING Liverpool (!!!!!!!!!:giggle:), GETTING A POINT at St.James Park (!!!!!!!!:D) and doing God-knows-what to WestHam!!

Struth, fellas, time to face reality :thumbdown:!

I've read a few stories about drug taking amongst fans, clearly the problem is worse than reported lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

I think Nacho is back for this game, If we can create an atmosphere at King Power, with clappers, and hopefully the players turn up and fight for the shirt maybe we can get something. 

lol

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, shiv said:

I clarified my point after, but if it gives the fans that extra 1% on the day it could make a difference. Whilst I’d love to just not turn up on Monday and be miserable, and I’ve accepted we’re down, I’m not going to stop supporting the team and I’ll be making as much noise as possible. Maybe, just maybe, other fans feel the same and want to try something different :dunno:

I'm not saying the fans are the problem, like I said earlier, in my opinion doing an organised walk from a nearby park will not change the embarrassing dross we've churned out this season, that's even assuming the players have enough awareness to notice 

1 hour ago, SuperMike said:

GOODNESS ME! I came on here expecting to read some gloomy posts and some scathing comments. I cannot believe that people are spouting such utter TOSH along the lines of us BEATING Liverpool (!!!!!!!!!:giggle:), GETTING A POINT at St.James Park (!!!!!!!!:D) and doing God-knows-what to WestHam!!

Struth, fellas, time to face reality :thumbdown:!

You know it will be typical Leicester that we beat Liverpool and Newcastle, only to lose to West Ham in the final game and still go down.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

If we can just sneak that win, we can head up to Newcastle somehow get a point then come the final day at home against West Ham we can get that win. There's seven points going to keep us in the league, maybe even five could just be enough depending on results elsewhere. 

Then we’d wake up

Be interesting this. Liverpool have fixed their defensive fragility early on this season, kind of. They don't need to play a high line against Leicester. Just sit back and wait for soumarre to make a mistake and job done. They need the points too. Wouldn't be surprised to see Klopp park the bus - we've been terrible all season against the low block, and now any kind of pressure anywhere on the pitch results in total collapse.

Lots of soft shots from our lot 30 yards out, high posession, high xg, high slip counts.

Then 1 slip, 1 goal.

Just now, moseeds said:

Be interesting this. Liverpool have fixed their defensive fragility early on this season, kind of. They don't need to play a high line against Leicester. Just sit back and wait for soumarre to make a mistake and job done. They need the points too. Wouldn't be surprised to see Klopp park the bus - we've been terrible all season against the low block, and now any kind of pressure anywhere on the pitch results in total collapse.

Lots of soft shots from our lot 30 yards out, high posession, high xg, high slip counts.

Then 1 slip, 1 goal.

liverpool will not park the bus 

they will press us high and we will turn over the ball and they will score 

If United and Newcastle win on Saturday, it may deflate them as they'll be 4 points clear at least with 3 games to play. That'll be key as any added motivation for Liverpool and can't see us winning I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

That is real insight - are you sure you’re not female ??.

Ha! A Madders sending off has been coming for a while now. He's been doing lots of arguing and diving recently. And Klopp doesn't like that :cool:

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nearly a full day since the last post! 

I've decided we're winning this. 

4-3. 

That time of the week where anger turns to hope. By tomorrow I’ll completely forget how useless we are and by Saturday I’ll fully believe we will turn these over. Rinse and repeat from Monday

• Like 2

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

That time of the week where anger turns to hope. By tomorrow I’ll completely forget how useless we are and by Saturday I’ll fully believe we will turn these over. Rinse and repeat from Monday

By Sunday evening all hope is lost because Everton and Leeds somehow beat Man City and Newcastle lol

• Haha 3

Liverpool have been way off it most of the season but are playing better now .In an open match they are way too good for us. If somehow and I don't know how,  we can tighten up we could possibly grab a point.

38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nearly a full day since the last post! 

I've decided we're winning this. 

4-3. 

I think we’ll definitely get points from this. There will be a reaction. 

On 10/05/2023 at 12:47, Chelmofox said:

So how should we approach this?  

1. Over defensive (Mendy + Ndidi) to try and protect the defense as much as possible. Hope that we can draw (puts us 1 point behind Everton) or get some luck and nick a win like we did last year.
  2. Try and get into them, expecting to lose some goals along the way. 

...the threat will be coming from the wings, Mendy and Ndidi is overkill in this situation!!!

A back 5 and quality in front of them, KDH with his workmate, Maddison creating and transitioning the play, Mendy to re-cycle and Barnes, with Vardy upfront. This is a counter-attacking plan, we cannot go toe - to - toe with Liverpool.

• Like 1