Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

On 08/05/2023 at 18:35, Foxes96 said:

Can it be over yet…

Punt it long and hope for pace on the break behind TAA ?!?🤞

Iversen 

Faes - Souttar - Söyüncü 

Ricardo - Mendy - KDH - Castagne

Maddison 

Vardy  -  Daka 

Yes I like that line up, if we see all players fit…
Even if results are the same..we have players who will run their socks off,

and not hold back..Forget skillsets ,magic passes,eye for the game…

This produces…like it,!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, shiv said:

I’d have Souttar given Evans’ game time this season but aside from that I’d probably go with the same. 

Yes, then bring on Evans to help protect the 3 goal lead.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The team that started last season - plenty of legs in a compact midfield and then hope something would happen up top (which it did once lookman came on) 

image.thumb.png.59e4ec3c13e37ae60140e94c6bfa19a6.png

Bloody hell! We really started that bunch. Remember watching the game but erased the starting 11 from memory.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

VAR and ref comms to be aired for this game. 

Should be interesting can just imagine the Stockley Park Pr ick saying to the ref “ Don’t worry  Fuch it save Liverpool Vardy was offside even tho TTA is well in front of Vardy by at least 6ft !!” 

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The team that started last season - plenty of legs in a compact midfield and then hope something would happen up top (which it did once lookman came on) 

image.thumb.png.59e4ec3c13e37ae60140e94c6bfa19a6.png

When you look at that team, everything we had coming was glaring us right in the face really wasn't it? 

I keep forgetting we aren’t already mathematically down! i’ve already grieved. 

Such a weird feeling to have completely no hope. I can’t express how amazing it would feel if we were to find a way to win this. 

Fwiw I do think it’s possible with the right approach and 11 players. But we all know we are going to get to an hour before the game and learn that wilf is starting. 

wonder what odds you’d get on a Leicester win with Faes last goal scorer 

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

VAR and ref comms to be aired for this game. 

It’s not the in game comms, they’ll be releasing audio from other decisions across the season to show how that decision was made and why. This will be in a segment before kick off.

Team for Liverpool. It cant fail.

Iversen Ward

Pereira Castagne Evans Amartey Soyuncu Faes Thomas Kristiansen

Vardy

Two goalies, but only Iversen can use his hands, ward does the kicking. That should throw them.

4 fullbacks to double up on their wide men. 1 to play them onside, 1 to show them on to their good foot and let the cross or shot in.

4 centre backs. If they are all always out of position then at least 2 of them will be in position, it's just maths.

No midifield. Natch

And vardy up top for the loose change.

Give it a whirl Deano..... 

4 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Team for Liverpool. It cant fail.

Iversen Ward

Pereira Castagne Evans Amartey Soyuncu Faes Thomas Kristiansen

Vardy

Two goalies, but only Iversen can use his hands, ward does the kicking. That should throw them.

4 fullbacks to double up on their wide men. 1 to play them onside, 1 to show them on to their good foot and let the cross or shot in.

4 centre backs. If they are all always out of position then at least 2 of them will be in position, it's just maths.

No midifield. Natch

And vardy up top for the loose change.

Give it a whirl Deano..... 

tbf, can’t do any worse than the gash that rocked up at craven cottage …..

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I keep forgetting we aren’t already mathematically down! i’ve already grieved. 

Such a weird feeling to have completely no hope. I can’t express how amazing it would feel if we were to find a way to win this. 

Fwiw I do think it’s possible with the right approach and 11 players. But we all know we are going to get to an hour before the game and learn that wilf is starting. 

wonder what odds you’d get on a Leicester win with Faes last goal scorer 

The thing is, there is a very real possibility that all our main rivals will lose this weekend. If that happens, we’ll go into Monday knowing a win would put us back at the top of the relegation mini-group. A fresh dollop of hope to kill us all over again.

But I think you’re right. I don’t trust Smith to pick the strongest line-up. I also have a horrible feeling he’ll shoehorn Ndidi back in and persist with Soumare instead of picking Mendy and KDH.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2