Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

It’s not the in game comms, they’ll be releasing audio from other decisions across the season to show how that decision was made and why. This will be in a segment before kick off.

I see. I've misread! 

It needs to be a complete change of tact for this, which concerns me and also surprises me that he didn’t try to do it against Fulham.

We need to be deep, narrow and aggressive. We need to be a team of horrible little shits that make Liverpool’s life hell. We need to counter and we need to be ruthless. We need to go out in a blaze of glory.

I don’t think they have it in them personally. Prove me wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I don’t trust Smith to pick the strongest line-up. I also have a horrible feeling he’ll shoehorn Ndidi back in and persist with Soumare instead of picking Mendy and KDH.

....I do not know what he is seeing in training or who he has been listening to!!!

It could be a good idea for him to go back to our games where we played well and see the formation and team setup because what we are seeing at the moment seems like guesswork.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This now is a must win. Crazy we take on frigging Liverpool needing to win. Two nearly crazy results. Hopefully Everton get battered tomorrow. Leaving this weeks actual crazy result for us

Thought the last 5 games were must win!!!

We will be still saying must win when we play Hull in October!!🤣🤣

• Like 1

Will be 0-3 by 15 minutes, mark my words 

And it may come across as I'm a proper moaning b*stard but this season has drained any positivity from me, in fact all positivity 

I can take relegation when we see a team of players who are trying their best every game and willing to put bodies on the line, fight for second balls, give everything, we haven't seen any of that whatsoever 

I would be naive to say I'm looking forward to the championship because the last decade or so has been beyond my wildest dreams supporting Leicester, but I am looking forward to seeing a overhaul of players in the squad, who hopefully give a s**t and want to battle for us 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This now is a must win. Crazy we take on frigging Liverpool needing to win. Two nearly crazy results. Hopefully Everton get battered tomorrow. Leaving this weeks actual crazy result for us

aah, so this one is the must win

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

This game is horrible. How does Smith approach it. Stay in the game and hope to nick the full three points or try and win it a little bit more gung-ho relying on our defence to improve? 

It's win or bust now. Point not good enough anymore!

Just now, Tuna said:

It's win or bust now. Point not good enough anymore!

A point would put us above Leeds and in with a chance of overtaking Everton and Forest, but I agree it needs to be all or nothing now.

I think we will win

• Like 1

It's absolutely disgraceful the position we're in with the squad we had at the start of the season tbh.

Championship or not, I'll be glad when most of this bunch of tossers have gone. Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes are 3 for starters that need to grow spines and they're supposedly our best players! Tielemans I've said enough about and at best is only worth a place on the bench. Maddison was on fire when he thought he might get on the plane with England but has been gash since he's come back. 

I'd sooner select from the most hungry fighting team rather than the best players. Regardless of talent, I think the only one's that can be relied upon to do that if fit is a squad of:
Iversen, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Faes, Souttar, Kristiansen, Thomas, Mendy, Ndidi, KDH, Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka.

I'm seriously struggling beyond that. Again, not necessarily on paper our best players but would at least turn up, run about, tackle and fight a bit.

If he picks that complete dope Tielemans again I shall escalate my mood to very miffed and refuse to employ my clapper!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

This game is horrible. How does Smith approach it. Stay in the game and hope to nick the full three points or try and win it a little bit more gung-ho relying on our defence to improve? 

...playing with a back 5 is not trying to stay in a game, it is a plan to gain some control and manage a game, it is not negative!!!

We have been drifting remorselessly to the Championship with the handbrake taken off, there has not been an outrageous moment of spectacular defiance, nothing so far has been a positive surprise for us this season.

There has to be something left to happen for us in this season, and it will have to start on Monday night.

51 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's absolutely disgraceful the position we're in with the squad we had at the start of the season tbh.

Championship or not, I'll be glad when most of this bunch of tossers have gone. Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes are 3 for starters that need to grow spines and they're supposedly our best players! Tielemans I've said enough about and at best is only worth a place on the bench. Maddison was on fire when he thought he might get on the plane with England but has been gash since he's come back. 

I'd sooner select from the most hungry fighting team rather than the best players. Regardless of talent, I think the only one's that can be relied upon to do that if fit is a squad of:
Iversen, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Faes, Souttar, Kristiansen, Thomas, Mendy, Ndidi, KDH, Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka.

I'm seriously struggling beyond that. Again, not necessarily on paper our best players but would at least turn up, run about, tackle and fight a bit.

If he picks that complete dope Tielemans again I shall escalate my mood to very miffed and refuse to employ my clapper!

Tielemans has been a disgrace pretty much all season!!.. slow, weak, sloppy and half hearted!!!  Can't stand the bloke.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...playing with a back 5 is not trying to stay in a game, it is a plan to gain some control and manage a game, it is not negative!!!

We have been drifting remorselessly to the Championship with the handbrake taken off, there has not been an outrageous moment of spectacular defiance, nothing so far has been a positive surprise for us this season.

There has to be something left to happen for us in this season, and it will have to start on Monday night.

Agree. We also have enough quality up front  to score.