Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

Iheanacho's injury is the worst thing to have happened since Smith took over. 

The best we have looked since the three amigos was with nacho behind vardy and tete and daka on the wings. Think they had something to prove. 

The technically better team played since has been so poor. 

Maddison is superb but out of form at the wrong time. 

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

This game is horrible. How does Smith approach it. Stay in the game and hope to nick the full three points or try and win it a little bit more gung-ho relying on our defence to improve? 

Think he's got to put the best 10 fighters on the pitch and allow them some licence to go win the game, thing is i'm not even sure he knows who is likely to turn up.

Youri Tielemens is the biggest question mark for me, has so often stunk the place out, but one hit, one through ball could be vital. Will he be keen to show his skills to sell himself?

Ndidi, again has so often been shockingly bad, but if he's up for it, he's a battler that will get stuck in.

Soumare, impressed me personally, strong on the ball and has skills, but slow and can lose the ball.

Souttar, not fancied by Smith, but he could be an absolute menace in the box for corners/free kicks.

Mendy/KDH. again not fancied by Smith, but they can be pests and more likely to turn the ball and move it forward.

Barnes, been woeful, but plays well against liverpool

Thomas, hasn't had much of a look in, but when he has was probably responsible for giving away a goal, gets drawn in and ball watches, has had a stormer against Salah though

I think the rest of the team picks itself

Maddison is t out of form. He’s protecting himself for his big move. An injury now would likely reduce the field of clubs interested in him. Can you blame him?

anyhow. Must win game. We won’t win obviously but I think we’ll just nick it 3-2 🤣🤣😂😂

• Like 1

Iversen                

Ricardo            Souttar         soyuncu          Castagne

Ndidi           Soumare

KDH             Maddison          Barnes

Vardy    

Iversen

Souttar         Faes          Cags

Ricardo             Ndidi           Soumare          Castagne

Tielemens               Maddison

Vardy

I'd be happy with either of these, possibly start with the bottom and change to top one if necessary, or even use barnes for vardy if vardy gets knackered, use VK for castagne if we need to attack more

Edited by splinterdream

31 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Maddison is t out of form. He’s protecting himself for his big move. An injury now would likely reduce the field of clubs interested in him. Can you blame him?

anyhow. Must win game. We won’t win obviously but I think we’ll just nick it 3-2 🤣🤣😂😂

:dunno:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

you can see your heart arguing with your head here

• Haha 1

Liverpool season ticket holder in my team said she wants the scousers to relegate us on Monday. Really cheesed off because our win over them last year cost them the title. She also says we are the most obnoxious away fans that come to Anfield (feed the scousers etc).

Really hope we smash them. Can't cope with that horrible accent being all smug around me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Liverpool season ticket holder in my team said she wants the scousers to relegate us on Monday. Really cheesed off because our win over them last year cost them the title. She also says we are the most obnoxious away fans that come to Anfield (feed the scousers etc).

Really hope we smash them. Can't cope with that horrible accent being all smug around me.

Well technically they can't relagate us..... 

29 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Iversen                

Ricardo            Souttar         soyuncu          Castagne

Ndidi           Soumare

KDH             Maddison          Barnes

Vardy    

Iversen

Souttar         Faes          Cags

Ricardo             Ndidi           Soumare          Castagne

Tielemens               Maddison

Vardy

I'd be happy with either of these, possibly start with the bottom and change to top one if necessary, or even use barnes for vardy if vardy gets knackered, use VK for castagne if we need to attack more

Are you serious? If we start with Soumare and Ndidi as our two deep-lying midfielders, we’ll be 3-0 down in 20mins. 

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Are you serious? If we start with Soumare and Ndidi as our two deep-lying midfielders, we’ll be 3-0 down in 20mins. 

I put them into this formation but would give Soumare more licence to roam. I think he's been decent overall the past few games, a player whos improving but not perfect by any means, he is strong though and can turn the ball, he really covered some ground against Everton and Leeds. Ndidi, you just have to hope hes switched on. I think positioning now is irrelevent, we just need battlers

21 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I put them into this formation but would give Soumare more licence to roam. I think he's been decent overall the past few games, a player whos improving but not perfect by any means, he is strong though and can turn the ball, he really covered some ground against Everton and Leeds. Ndidi, you just have to hope hes switched on. I think positioning now is irrelevent, we just need battlers

Soumare was absolutely shocking against Fulham - he sauntered around aimlessly and gave the ball away countless times. He is literally the antithesis of a ‘battler’. Ndidi did nothing when he came on against Fulham and was horrendous when he started against Everton, as he has been whenever he’s played this season. His sole talent was tackling and breaking up play (which he was once brilliant at), but he can’t tackle any more because he’s physically incapable of winning the ball. He looks a hundredth of the player he once was - and that’s not an exaggeration.

You are correct in saying we need battlers for this game - which is precisely why Soumare and Ndidi should be nowhere near the team. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I mean they couldn't beat man city in either game against them, if you're in a title chase and can't beat the leaders you don't deserve to catch them?? :dunno:

13 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Soumare was absolutely shocking against Fulham - he sauntered around aimlessly and gave the ball away countless times. He is literally the antithesis of a ‘battler’. Ndidi did nothing when he came on against Fulham and was horrendous when he started against Everton, as he has been whenever he’s played this season. His sole talent was tackling and breaking up play (which he was once brilliant at), but he can’t tackle any more because he’s physically incapable of winning the ball. He looks a hundredth of the player he once was - and that’s not an exaggeration.

You are correct in saying we need battlers for this game - which is precisely why Soumare and Ndidi should be nowhere near the team. 

everybody was hopeless against fulham, Soumare is more an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder, he isnt the greatest at chasing balls down granted, but he is strongest on the ball of all the midfielders we have in a crappy choice. The alternative, Tielemens? if you want to talk about losing the ball, misplaced passes and lazy performances, the alternative is Mendy or Praet?

14 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

everybody was hopeless against fulham, Soumare is more an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder, he isnt the greatest at chasing balls down granted, but he is strongest on the ball of all the midfielders we have in a crappy choice. The alternative, Tielemens? if you want to talk about losing the ball, misplaced passes and lazy performances, the alternative is Mendy or Praet?

Yes - Mendy should absolutely be in the team. He’s comfortably our best defensive midfielder this season. He covers a lot ground, makes tackles and rarely gives the ball away. He’s also the only player in our squad with a positive goal difference for the minutes he’s spent on the pitch. He’s exactly what we need if we want to give more protection to the defence, which Smith says he does. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

Iversen

Faes         Souttar      Cags

Ricardo                              Castagne

Mendy   KDH

Maddison

Vardy                 Daka

• Like 3

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

The view of Liverpool is that we are not getting behind the team and we will be easy to beat, we need to prove them wrong on both counts 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/05/fragile-leicester-have-lost-the-fans-how-liverpool-can-deliver-a-battering/

But we are shit and im really angry with them.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes - Mendy should absolutely be in the team. He’s comfortably our best defensive midfielder this season. He covers a lot ground, makes tackles and rarely gives the ball away. He’s exactly what we need if we want to give more protection to the defence, which Smith says he does. 

soumare isn't a defensive midfielder, if he recieves the ball he'll carry it. the problem with Mendy is his height which is why I'd reluctantly play Ndidi, it's tough as it's more picking the least worst, I think our only chance is to pick players and hope they regain that form that they once had

9 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Iversen

Faes         Souttar      Cags

Ricardo                              Castagne

Mendy   KDH

Maddison

Vardy                 Daka

id probably play barnes instead of Daka

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

That's in the past we can't change that, but we have three games to survive in the premier 

I'm picking the boy up straight from school and driving a 250 mile round trip. Because we booked a little late we have some crap seats right at the back in the family section. We will do our bit to make as much noise as possible. This and the spammers game might be the last chance we get to see PL footie for some time. I fear the drop will condemn us to lower leagues football for a while.

In all likely hood we will be 3 down at half time and the place will get toxic. We'll do our bit, and im sure Madders and co will do their little sad claps and social media posts after the game.

38 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Alas the strongest but still cost us a goal last Monday losing the ball.