Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Aye mate, was more a point about how shit our midfield in general is 

it is, I'm at a loss, I'm just thinking who would be more useful in mondays game, and imo i think soumare tops the best out of a bad lot, not as a defensive midfielder, but more middle the park, it would be either him or tielemens for me, not both.

On 08/05/2023 at 17:35, Foxes96 said:

Can it be over yet…

Punt it long and hope for pace on the break behind TAA ?!?🤞

Iversen 

Faes - Souttar - Söyüncü 

Ricardo - Mendy - KDH - Castagne

Maddison 

Vardy  -  Daka 

As long and Youri are not the centre pairing I will be happy. 

Sad I know, but if it's them on the team sheet I don't even think I will enter the stadium. 

This is the game we need the lads to step up and show they have the fight. 

We now have 3 cup finals and need to fight for every ball, now we see what we have. 

Foxes never quit and all that, let those that are going to be foxes next year start this game (and Cags of course). 

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Ndidi hasn’t lost his ‘form’ - he’s lost his ability. It’s almost certain we’ll never see him back to his best. Soumare may not be a defensive midfielder, but he still needs to do his bit defensively - and he’s too lazy to do that. He’s a sauntering, casual player who regularly gifts the ball to the opposition - and that’s not what we need right now.

Mendy may not be tall but he offers far more to us than Ndidi or Soumare. I’d also likely play KDH instead of Tielemans because he will give it absolutely everything, and we need players like that at the moment.

i fear lots of energy but with little possesion or flare, mendy and KDH very similar players imo, i would play 1 at a time, but not both together. I think you've been a little harsh on Soumare in my opinion, I thought of late he has covered some ground, i'd love to see the stats on distances covered because i only have what is see on the day

Just now, splinterdream said:

i fear lots of energy but with little possesion or flare, mendy and KDH very similar players imo, i would play 1 at a time, but not both together. I think you've been a little harsh on Soumare in my opinion, I thought of late he has covered some ground, i'd love to see the stats on distances covered because i only have what is see on the day

Soumare is shit

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

it is, I'm at a loss, I'm just thinking who would be more useful in mondays game, and imo i think soumare tops the best out of a bad lot, not as a defensive midfielder, but more middle the park, it would be either him or tielemens for me, not both.

Regardless if you are pitching Soumare as a defensive midfield or a higher up the pitch, against Liverpool you’ve gotta run and track back. Youri’s never been any good v Liverpool and Rodgers quite often wouldn’t start with him against them. 

Ultimately though Soumare has zero output up the front end of the pitch whereas Youri might occasionally smash a banger or split a defence 

Edited by CosbehFox

5 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

If its people who might well be here next year we will struggle to put XI out. Maybe.

Iversen

Ricardo souttar evans faes thomas

Ndidi kdh mendy

Vardy daka

It's not about the might, it's about the ones who are contracted next year. Those that have something to lose. 

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Iversen                

Ricardo            Souttar         soyuncu          Castagne

Ndidi           Soumare

KDH             Maddison          Barnes

Vardy    

Iversen

Souttar         Faes          Cags

Ricardo             Ndidi           Soumare          Castagne

Tielemens               Maddison

Vardy

I'd be happy with either of these, possibly start with the bottom and change to top one if necessary, or even use barnes for vardy if vardy gets knackered, use VK for castagne if we need to attack more

I can’t see any manager starting Ricardo fresh off his latest injury, even in a game where we’re desperate for points. 

Days seem to be dragging out. I just want to be at the game and everything be clearer in terms of our position. Need to win, I live in hope, but can’t see it.

Iversen

Castagne faes Souttar soyuncu kristensen

Tielemans ndidi KDH

Maddison

Vardy

And at every opportunity get the centre backs up and put the ball in the box and hope for a bit of luck.

58 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

The view of Liverpool is that we are not getting behind the team and we will be easy to beat, we need to prove them wrong on both counts 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/05/fragile-leicester-have-lost-the-fans-how-liverpool-can-deliver-a-battering/

We are getting behind the team. The support for the players has been very good in recent weeks.

It has only turned after shocking results and performances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PhillippaT said:

I'll have whatever it is you're having...

Oh wait, I don't drink :P 

No worries then, he’s obviously taken drugs 

• Haha 1

I’d rather have KDH and Mendy in the middle than Tielemans or Soumare. Tielemans I really hope has played his last game for us. Maddison the third. Play 3 at the back please. With Riccy and Castagne as full backs. 

Go two up top. 

if we can get Evans into the side it’s a further plus point. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

he played 32 games in a ligue 1 title win so he isn't shit, but i can appreciate he hasn't hit the heights we all hoped, Smith seems to see something in him though

Joey Barton was a top performer in Ligue 1

To be honest I feel quite bad. Wife’s going but I’ve been given overtime at work, normally I’d moan and whinge about that but I’ve accepted it with open arms and given my season ticket to my nephew..poor sod hope he doesn’t hold it against me 😂👍