Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

The question is, do we survive the first 5/10mins without going a goal down!?

My prediction of how the game goes:

- TAA has Barnes in his pocket (as he always does for some unknown reason).

- Jota will get his obligatory goal or 2 against us (anyone know how many he’s scored in his time at Wolves & Lpool?).

- Maddison will point, dive and roll around whilst been largely ineffective and then in the post match interview profess that we’ll keep trying to the end (which has come with a whimper).

- Iversen will make a couple of cracking saves but won’t be enough.

All a bit doom n gloom, but it is really ain’t it!?

• Sad 2

I've not been this nervous for a game for a very long time. A part of me feels that the loss is inevitable, but then there is the part of me who thinks we will get that win! This is now a game of such magnitude, for me it's simple. Win and we're hopefully safe (a win will do wonders for confidence) and lose and it's 99% chance of relegation. A draw will probably just delay the inevitable. 

15 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's absolutely disgraceful the position we're in with the squad we had at the start of the season tbh.

Championship or not, I'll be glad when most of this bunch of tossers have gone. Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes are 3 for starters that need to grow spines and they're supposedly our best players! Tielemans I've said enough about and at best is only worth a place on the bench. Maddison was on fire when he thought he might get on the plane with England but has been gash since he's come back. 

I'd sooner select from the most hungry fighting team rather than the best players. Regardless of talent, I think the only one's that can be relied upon to do that if fit is a squad of:
Iversen, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Faes, Souttar, Kristiansen, Thomas, Mendy, Ndidi, KDH, Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka.

I'm seriously struggling beyond that. Again, not necessarily on paper our best players but would at least turn up, run about, tackle and fight a bit.

If he picks that complete dope Tielemans again I shall escalate my mood to very miffed and refuse to employ my clapper!

Good post this

• Like 1

Lose and our suffering is over - relegation virtually inevitable but at least we can come to terms with it.. Win we still have some hope. Alas I predict a draw, met by silence at the final whistle. Further misery for another week.

12 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I've not been this nervous for a game for a very long time. A part of me feels that the loss is inevitable, but then there is the part of me who thinks we will get that win! This is now a game of such magnitude, for me it's simple. Win and we're hopefully safe (a win will do wonders for confidence) and lose and it's 99% chance of relegation. A draw will probably just delay the inevitable. 

How would we be safe if we win?   We will still be in thick of the relegation battle.

Just now, The Blur said:

How would we be safe if we win?   We will still be in thick of the relegation battle.

A win does wonders for confidence, takes us out of the relegation zone and a point behind Forest. I'm confident Forest won't get any more points and if we beat Liverpool, I can be confident that we'll get a point from our last 2 games. 

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

A win does wonders for confidence, takes us out of the relegation zone and a point behind Forest. I'm confident Forest won't get any more points and if we beat Liverpool, I can be confident that we'll get a point from our last 2 games. 

Forest will beat palace for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

What makes you say that? Since April place have Won 5 - drawn 1 and lost 2. I can't see them losing to Forest 

Palace will be on the beach and forest have improved massively performance wise recently. They were really unlucky not to beat Liverpool and Brentford and arguably yesterday they should have won. Whereas we are so pathetic we can’t stop going a goal down 

This is a really strange game. As long as Everton don't win today, we could move out of the relegation zone with a win. However, I feel really flat about this game, it just seems inevitable that we lose and get relegated. Hard to get excited for the match because so much rides on us winning. We have put ourselves in this position.

If we were a point outside the relegation zone heading into the match then even a point would be a bonus and something to be inspired to achieve. The problem is that anything less than a win tomorrow will be a huge disappointment for everyone and would almost seal relegation when normally a point at home to Liverpool would be a good result.

10 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Did you think Forest wouldn't pick a point up yesterday too? Forest and Everton will both pick up points in their remaining games. Both probably even getting at least another win (more so Everton).

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This is a really strange game. As long as Everton don't win today, we could move out of the relegation zone with a win. However, I feel really flat about this game, it just seems inevitable that we lose and get relegated. Hard to get excited for the match because so much rides on us winning. We have put ourselves in this position.

If we were a point outside the relegation zone heading into the match then even a point would be a bonus and something to be inspired to achieve. The problem is that anything less than a win tomorrow will be a huge disappointment for everyone and would almost seal relegation when normally a point at home to Liverpool would be a good result.

Very true but all we can hope for is the players now have a “**** it” mentality and just go for it. Even if/when we go behind, what’s the point moping and cracking under the pressure? We’ve got nothing to lose now really