Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

1 minute ago, Sir Shep said:

I've accepted that we will lose, but I'd be a lot happier if I saw a bit of effort and passion and at least some fight like we are trying to stay up. 

Effort & passion, theses lads have checked out physical and mentally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Effort & passion, theses lads have checked out physical and mentally.

Aye, one can hope though, I mean there's people on here who think we might win ffs! 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, hejammy said:

What makes you say that? Since April place have Won 5 - drawn 1 and lost 2. I can't see them losing to Forest 

Palace have done well but there will be nothing to play for in that game. Forest will be battling away for every ball and that usually gives a team the upper hand. I can see Forest outbattle them and win.

Having said that, no way do we get 2 wins out of 3 anyway. Which is what we need.

If the players treat this ´must win´ game in the same was as Bournemouth, Everton & Fulham, then we will be hammered and might as well lay in the coffin now with two games to go.   They need a Herculean performance tomorrow night.

42 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Palace have done well but there will be nothing to play for in that game. Forest will be battling away for every ball and that usually gives a team the upper hand. I can see Forest outbattle them and win.

Having said that, no way do we get 2 wins out of 3 anyway. Which is what we need.

Against Chelsea was just Forests 7th point they’ve picked up away from

home and the first time this season they’ve scored twice away. They are truely  the worst team in the league away from home. 

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Ivensen

Ricardo

Suttar

Soyuncu

Castagne

Mendy

KDH

Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy

Barnes

A little off topic, but I find it staggering that a team who can field this starting 11 is on the verge of relegation. That side should be comfortably midtable at the very least.

What an awful season.

• Like 4

I think the Fulham result may have broken me for this season. Just had a really nice week off and I’m not sure if I can face it after my first day back. 

I usually stay in town go for a pint and a curry, but I’m planning to finish early come home and see if I can dig up some enthusiasm to come back into town. 

I honestly think it’s pointless, the number of ‘must win’ games where we have backed them to the hilt and they haven’t shown up for already, there’s nothing to indicate why this one should be any different. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

A little off topic, but I find it staggering that a team who can field this starting 11 is on the verge of relegation. That side should be comfortably midtable at the very least.

What an awful season.

Our team has won barely any matches this season, this is not an accident. Rodgers is partly to blame. He has been vastly overrated by the media and a good many on this forum. However our players have also been overrated , skill they have but that is only half of what it takes to be a consistent top class player.

7 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

What an awful season.

Mindset and hunger. The capitulation of set pieces for so long, still baffles me?
I also don’t understand why questions weren’t being asked internally about the significant drop off in form?

16 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Ivensen

Ricardo

Suttar

Soyuncu

Castagne

Mendy

KDH

Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy

Barnes

This has to be the team for me. Don’t think we’ll see Souttar or Mendy though. There’s a good chance he starts Ricardo and KDH I think however.

I seem to remember last seasons winner came from Alexander-Arnold falling for a basic give and go which got Lookman in. The key is for K DH and / or our LB supporting Barnes in these situations as Trent’s positioning is known to be a weakness, gang up on him rather than expect Barnes to do it all himself. Whether Barnes has the awareness and intelligence to make the most of any situations is another thing but however frustrating he has been his figures suggest things happen around him.

4 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Mindset and hunger. The capitulation of set pieces for so long, still baffles me?
I also don’t understand why questions weren’t being asked internally about the significant drop off in form?

The reason we may go down is Due to BRodgers Syndrome :- An inability to take awareness and ownership a Narcissistic demeanour blames everything on anyone else and an inability to performs one’s role to what they were employed to do ! 

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

The reason we may go down is Due to BRodgers Syndrome :- An inability to take awareness and ownership a Narcissistic demeanour blames everything on anyone else and an inability to performs one’s role to what they were employed to do ! 

It’s completely on Rodgers for me. ****!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, John12345 said:

Smith's press conference does not fill me with  any confidence .

.. that was pretty pants, struggled to here the questions being asked, just the answers from Smith!!!

You can understand why Grealish was calling the shots, he hardly seems able to give uplifting answers, he has no motivational energy in him. Down to earth he may be but you want someone a bit overly ambitious in their outlook.