Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

Probable: Iversen; Castagne, Faes, Soyuncu, Thomas; Tielemans, Ndidi, Mendy; Maddison, Vardy, Barnes

From Percy’s article. I hope for once he is wrong. Thomas will get eaten alive. Tielemans as captain doesn’t work - he doesn’t want to be here and doesn’t have the stomach for it. Four at the back will suffer. No Riccy P. At least Mendy seems to be in there. 

7 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Iversen

Castagne Evans Soyuncu VK

Tielemans Mendy KDH

Maddison Vardy Barnes 

All fine except for that bone idle, non fighting, give the ball away, dawdling tosser Tielemans, get him gone! 🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Probable: Iversen; Castagne, Faes, Soyuncu, Thomas; Tielemans, Ndidi, Mendy; Maddison, Vardy, Barnes

From Percy’s article. I hope for once he is wrong. Thomas will get eaten alive. Tielemans as captain doesn’t work - he doesn’t want to be here and doesn’t have the stomach for it. Four at the back will suffer. No Riccy P. At least Mendy seems to be in there. 

There are 4 players in that team who should not be anywhere near starting for us in this game: Faes and Thomas (because they're both crap) and Youri and Wilf (because they offer nothing these days, sadly).

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

Anyone know what the Liverpool fans are thinking? Bet they see this as an east 3pts…and they’re not far wrong 

My colleague wants us to win so Everton go down.  Also thinks they have been lucky recently.

I can't say this enough but not Youri and not Soumare. 

KDH offers the press and hurries the opposition into mistakes. Mendy and Madison in there too 

Vardy and Daka up top. Sack off this one up top, go 352 and get into them. 

I thought The 3 that came in had enough about them to keep us up but after seeing the team selections, I'm not confident at all. 

We need to try something new, like when we played the 3 strikers. 

8 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Think we have to go 5 at the back for this one. Souttar, Soyuncu and Faes at the back with wing backs and 2 X DM. Counter attack and Souttar from set pieces. Our only hope 

Exactly this! DS has set us out every game with high intensity in the from the off looking for the early goal. I believe our defensive problems are all from midfield leaving huge space in behind. We need to slow the game down from the off, keep it a boring 0-0 for as long as possible and try and nick one when they throw bodies forward as they need 3 points as much as us. Sounds counter productive because of our serious need of points but that’s how I think we should approach it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Exactly this! DS has set us out every game with high intensity in the from the off looking for the early goal. I believe our defensive problems are all from midfield leaving huge space in behind. We need to slow the game down from the off, keep it a boring 0-0 for as long as possible and try and nick one when they throw bodies forward as they need 3 points as much as us. Sounds counter productive because of our serious need of points but that’s how I think we should approach it.

Two in the middle of midfield is the issue 

leaves us completely exposed on transition - I doubt three CB’s will help that because the space will still be there infront of them 

smith doesn’t seem to be a 3 atb kind of guy 

so I remain nervous - he seems intent on playing basketball and I think liverpool are just about the worst team you could pick to do that against 

12 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I can't say this enough but not Youri and not Soumare. 

KDH offers the press and hurries the opposition into mistakes. Mendy and Madison in there too 

Vardy and Daka up top. Sack off this one up top, go 352 and get into them. 

I thought The 3 that came in had enough about them to keep us up but after seeing the team selections, I'm not confident at all. 

We need to try something new, like when we played the 3 strikers. 

Yes, and KDH hasn't played for a few games so everyone has forgotten how poor he is.