Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Yes, and KDH hasn't played for a few games so everyone has forgotten how poor he is. 

He offers more defensively than the 2 I mentioned. 

Youri was very good while he was here and trying but that hasn't happened for a long time. Soumare is just a fraud that offers nothing. One pass that led to a goal doesn't make him the answer. 

I've said in a previous post, I'd only play people that have contracts next year and have some reason for us to stay up. 

No incentive for those that won't be contracted next year. They won't be playing championship football. People as for the fight, but if there's no incentive, why fight? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Probable: Iversen; Castagne, Faes, Soyuncu, Thomas; Tielemans, Ndidi, Mendy; Maddison, Vardy, Barnes

From Percy’s article. I hope for once he is wrong. Thomas will get eaten alive. Tielemans as captain doesn’t work - he doesn’t want to be here and doesn’t have the stomach for it. Four at the back will suffer. No Riccy P. At least Mendy seems to be in there. 

Whilst I agree we have a left back problem at this level (VK has not improved it), Thomas, with help from an industrious KDH, marked Sala out of the game last season. A left side of Leicester lads made me proud last year.

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Two in the middle of midfield is the issue 

leaves us completely exposed on transition - I doubt three CB’s will help that because the space will still be there infront of them 

smith doesn’t seem to be a 3 atb kind of guy 

so I remain nervous - he seems intent on playing basketball and I think liverpool are just about the worst team you could pick to do that against 

I agree, but if he plays 3 at the back it would force his hand to play 3 in the middle. As much as Smith had his faults he at least seems willing to change things and see’s faults in his own system so I hold a slight bit of hope he will change it up tonight. I’m still baffled as to why he hasn’t given Mendy a good go considering our DM’s bar him have been horrific this season 

14 hours ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

So, after about 16 years of reading FoxesTalk I’ve decided to finally take the 30 seconds out of my day to actually sign up.

much like most, after every game I think that’s it as we can only bottle so many ‘must win’ games but somehow by the end of the week I have this sense of hope and optimism which isn’t like me at all.  I’d go with:

Iverson

Faes.     Souttar     Cags 

Riccy p (if fit).                                   Castagne

Mendy    
                  Youri.                      KDH

Madders

Vardy 

2-0 City (we have to keep a clean sheet at some point)  Souttar & Daka off the bench.

Was going well until you predicted Daka to do something that doesn't involve falling over.

• Haha 1

Strategically sorted today's gym session for 8pm tonight so I can avoid the game

If I had any hope I wouldn't have done so 

May sound negative to some but I can't be arsed to waste my time, take over the TV for 2 hours when I know for a fact we are going to serve up absolute s**t yet again 

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Oh man. Match day. 

I know - I used to wake up and get that buzz on match day - Now it's a countdown to ritual humiliation 

This lot want putting in the stocks for a day or ideally over a weekend and hit continually with rotten vegetables  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, copunk said:

Strategically sorted today's gym session for 8pm tonight so I can avoid the game

If I had any hope I wouldn't have done so 

May sound negative to some but I can't be arsed to waste my time, take over the TV for 2 hours when I know for a fact we are going to serve up absolute s**t yet again 

Totally agree mate. 

• Thanks 1