Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

Got a week off work now.

I've been weirdly up for this game, sadly can't go. 

Now I'm all set up to have the first part of my holiday absolutely ruined thanks to the boys in blue tonight lol 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Genuinely baffled by any of you being optimistic. 

I can see us mustering four points from Newcastle and West Ham so I'm not without hope. 

Think Liverpool will dispatch us as comfortably as Man City did though. 

it’s cup final mentality isn’t it? 

there’s always a chance and I’ll have hope. Until about the 4th minute probably lol

27 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Off topic but more likely to get a response here. 

Which Turkish gaff is the best down Brauny Gate / Narb Rd for pre game feasting?

Istanbul on Narborough Rd. Great food and value for money.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

liverpool are an odd duck really, im not quite sure the best approach. Well that’s a lie, I know the best approach it’s just not one we are capable of. 

We definitely don’t want a basketball game. That’s not something we would be able to come out on top of. Any approach similar to wolves, leeds or everton would lead to a 5+ goal defeat. 

We also don’t want to sit back and be passive. As they will just grind out a 1 or 2 goal win… and that’s if we manage the basics.. which we’ve not been capable of. 

Thw only real way to win this is a defensively organized, counter attacking team that presses well.  Basically how we won the title. Liverpool overplay as they know if they can break the lines they will be ruthless but what that means is if you can pinch the ball in the right area you can punish them. Sitting off like we did with man city does nothing but allow them to build up until they score.  Kdh and mendy in the middle with the sole intention of pressing would be my way to make this work.  I honestly hate a dm when you have a back 5 but we don’t have any other players that would willingly press the ball effectively. 

If you have a front 3 of barnes vardy and maddison all those 2 need to do, is win the ball and shift it to them as fast as possible. But again, for this to work the front 3 need to press well. I’m not convinced barnes has it in him to do this. But he’s also the only one capable of breaking at speed to support vardy. 

back 3 of soyuncu, faes and souttar defending for their lives and we just hope to hell we can sneak a few goals and hold on. 

i’m just not convinced we won’t set up like we did against man city and let’s be honest that was a white flag. We set up expecting to lose. We can’t do that today we have to make a game of it. 

Great post. Pointless though, just like we will be at the final whistle. 

Although I think we win this 3-2 😜

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

KDH's performance against them at home last season was one of his best ever, likewise Luke Thomas's. Neither would probably do the same again tonight but you never know. We have to press better and KDH is about the only one capable right now.

Luke seems to have Salah in his back pocket, always plays well against him

7 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

You just know its going to be Ndidi starting over Mendy

Yep and we will all groan as the opposition skip past him as he turns slower than an oil tanker with a faulty engine inevitably leading to the customary howler resulting in a goal for whichever liverpool player hasn't scored in 12 months. Tielemans smiling as we go 1-0 down with Soumare tacking back just in time to reach the leicester half for the restart. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Istanbul on Narborough Rd. Great food and value for money.

Great for a takeaway but great restaurant too. Try the platter, absolutely delicious. Honestly haven't been to a better Turkish restaurant in Turkey than this place on narborugh rd

Edited by CyprusFox