Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Liverpool (H) | Mon 15-May | 20:00 KO Sky Sports - Pre-match thread

Draws in the next two games would be absolutely massive. They won't feel like it until the final day but two more points before we face West Ham could save us. 

So I can see some absolutely desperate bus parking. Wouldn't surprise me if you see him start Mendy and Wilf together. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Draws in the next two games would be absolutely massive. They won't feel like it until the final day but two more points before we face West Ham could save us. 

So I can see some absolutely desperate bus parking. Wouldn't surprise me if you see him start Mendy and Wilf together. 

i did think this too, wouldnt be surprised to see Evans in the middle of a back 5 either. 

As much as i want to believe we can get a result the main reason i am going to the game is to vent my frustration. If the players show the same level of desire as they did against Fulham they deserve to get pelters.

Play like you actually care and you may get something out the game

17 hours ago, Filberts lovechild said:

I can’t actually make this game and lent someone my season tickets. Gave them for free but I’m sure he’ll be asking for a refund by the end 

I'm in Denmark from Thursday to Sunday and I was originally going to give my ST away and then it got moved to a Monday night game.

Bonus I thought at the time but not now to watch these spineless bastards tamely go 3-0 down before fighting back to a 3-2 loss.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I wouldn't be averse to taking 1pt from the next two games, it would mean having to beat West Ham on the last day of the season but it would force Forest to get two draws or better and Leeds to get 5pts and looking at their fixtures both would settle for 2pts and 5pts respectively. 

It's all doom and gloom on here and rightly so for how timid we are as we only start playing when the game is gone but we're only a result away from taking this down to the last day, performances and attitude indicates we're done but the maths doesn't.

56 minutes ago, shiv said:

I’d go:

Iversen

Ricardo

Souttar

Soyuncu

Castagne

N’Didi

Tielemans

KDH

Maddison

Vardy

Barnes

We absolutely cannot afford to just sit back for this one, and whilst I’d love to drop the entire starting XI from Saturday we simply need the likes of Youri and Maddison to be able to string a pass together.

...we should have gone with this formation since Rodgers left!!!

Perhaps we need to go to a back 5 for this game and hit them on the break, playing the percentages would be our best option. Our recent opposition has had an easy ride, in recent games, being on the front foot does not mean giving up the midfield and putting unsuitable personnel in that position.

4-2-3-1 can be played when this team is working together, and players are on top of their game, that situation no longer exists, and we cannot continue to try and play ourselves into form, and continue to be as open as we are.

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Draws in the next two games would be incredible. Going into the last game with a chance. Imagine doing that. 

It fills you with optimism. You then watch Fulham's 4th goal again (to be honest you can pick any of them). Tielemans has their goalscorer in his eye line. Yes he has ran back but that is the midfielder running in. Youri runs next to him - at no point does he think, I need to engage here. Not once. Does he do that at his next club. 

If we are going to have any chance, we need 3 at the back. There is not enough quality in this side to play 2 CBs. Get 3 at the back. Hope Riccy stays fit and have him on the right. Either Castagne or Khristiansen on the other side. Mendy needs to start. Pick two out of the remaining 3. Daka, Vardy until Kel is back. 3 games. Hope Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Wolves do what we need them to. 

If we were to do it, its bigger than the Great Escape. 

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Except we haven't got any bus drivers

You'd just hope that off the back of yesterday, we go out on Monday and smash and grab the 3 points.  Soak up all the pressure and go back to counter-attacking football.

But it's the 'hope' that has killed us all season.  There's been a massive sense of 'oh, we'll be alright...it'll come good' for too long without the necessary work going on to make it right.

We've been so incredibly inept on and off the pitch.  The stewardship of the club has gone to shit and we deserve to be relegated.  

My prediction is:

City 0 - 3 Liverpool

Cags to get sent off on 65mins.

45 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Iversen

Ricardo  Evans Soyunchu Castagne 

Mendy

KDH Soumare

Barnes Vardy Maddison 

...Liverpool strengths are out wide, we need to negate this!!!

The idea that having to worry about an unfit Ricardo running against their defenders might be the idea to occupy them, but in the transition, we will have no real cover at the back. We keep making this mistake that we need to keep bombing forward, we have become desperate and our attitude and approach to games has been wrong. I see this team being better on the front foot, but we are stifled by the position we are in, and that does not give us the breathing space that we need to gain confidence in our games.

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Draws in the next two games would be incredible. Going into the last game with a chance. Imagine doing that. 

It fills you with optimism. You then watch Fulham's 4th goal again (to be honest you can pick any of them). Tielemans has their goalscorer in his eye line. Yes he has ran back but that is the midfielder running in. Youri runs next to him - at no point does he think, I need to engage here. Not once. Does he do that at his next club. 

If we are going to have any chance, we need 3 at the back. There is not enough quality in this side to play 2 CBs. Get 3 at the back. Hope Riccy stays fit and have him on the right. Either Castagne or Khristiansen on the other side. Mendy needs to start. Pick two out of the remaining 3. Daka, Vardy until Kel is back. 3 games. Hope Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Wolves do what we need them to. 

If we were to do it, its bigger than the Great Escape. 

The only shred of hope we have going for us is that Smith will approach this game very differently. 

He'll pick very defensive teams against Liverpool and Newcastle. There's no chance he picks a midfield of Maddison, Tielemans and Soumare again this season until maybe West Ham possibly. 

It'll be like the Man City game where he picked 3 CBs with KDH, Ndidi and Youri in front of them. 

It'll be park the bus and hope Vards can perform a miracle on the break. 

Even if we somehow put up an 100% park the bus defensive masterclass and constantly throw bodies in front of goal bound efforts we get done by a huge refereeing decision that only scousers will agree with. Liverpool are on a march to European football and no way we shit house a result against them like last season.  The VAR boys will stop that. 

53 minutes ago, KFS said:

Raj did you see Tete dapping up Willian before he came on yesterday? Made me so ****ing mad 

i wouldn't be surprised.i HATE all of that...save it til AFTER the game and when you are in the changing rooms and creaming each other off.

Oh and kids, if you want a shirt goto the fecking shop and get daddy/ mummy/ guardian etc..  to buy you one

• Like 1