Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunbury Fox

Which is our worst performance of this season?

Which is our worst performance of the season? There's so many to choose from!  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Which is our worst performance of the season? There's so many to choose from!

• Southampton (H) 1-2
    • Brighton (A) 2-5
    • Tottenham (A) 2-6
    • Chelsea (A) 1-2 - lost despite playing against 10 men for over 60 minutes
    • Newcastle (H) 0-3
    • Forest (A) 0-2
    • Blackburn (H, Cup) 1-2
    • Southampton (A) 0-1
    • Arsenal (H) 0-1 (xG of 0.02)
    • Palace (A) 1-2 (3 shots to their 30)
    • Bournemouth (H) 0-1
    • Fulham (A) 3-5
    • Yet another defeat

I gotta say, we've had some stinkers this season BUT given the importance of yesterday's match the absolute state of the line-up and application of the players was absolutely pathetic. 

The score line flattered us and shitting the bed and going 3 down to them before half time was pure nonsense.

• Like 3

there's been so many that u really can't just pick one. palace, spurs, brighton , fulham, southampton twice, chelsea away all stand out. we've even looked terrible in the games we have won apart from forest home and spurs home

Edited by don_danbury

Blackburn for me.

Spurs & Brighton away nailed me firmly in the Rodgers Out camp but that display was so abject against an admittedly in form Championship side I started to specifically tell anyone still defending Rodgers to fvck off.

I get why anyone would choose Palace, Brighton or even Bournemouth because of the magnitude of that game but we were comprehensively chewed up and regurgitated on our own patch by what is a pretty average Championship team. At least Fulham had Willian pulling strings. At least Bournemouth were scrapping for survival. There was no excuse for Blackburn and we all paid EXTRA to go and see it.

• Like 4

The thing about the Fulham game is the players simply didn't try. While not the heaviest defeat, I felt that was the most damning in application rather than some of the other results on that list where we've just been sh**

Edited by HybridFox

It's got to be Bournemouth at home for me.

It was the game that I think most of us felt confident that we'd turn things around, especially with Wolves, Leeds & Everton following it soon after.

When we are relegated, that will be the game I blame the most as its absolutely criminal losing to them at home.

• Like 1

I think the Everton at home game could be listed as well, as that’s worse than some of the spankings we took

away. We were largely dreadful, despite having the chance to win. We easily could have lost that by a significant score line if Iversen hadn’t played like prime Lev Yashin.

• Like 1

Where do you start?

Sundays game and Brighton just seemed like the exact same performance and so bad where the defence was all over the shop with people walking though us. 

Bournemouth at home takes the buscuit for a game where we couldn’t even create anything either just a total waste of 90 minutes

Fulham was the worst given our predicament, the players didn't even try or show any fight. They just rolled over and almost accepted their fate. 

So bad in so many ways, given that we were still in the drivers seat to avoid relegation before that game. 

• Like 1

Brighton away

So early in the season to see a battering like that

Constant onslaught, defence all over the place, Rodgers not reacting to deal with how Brighton were managing to always have a free man, defence arguing with our supposed number 1 who was playing like a donkey

Other than the 1st minute goal it was just a mess from start to finish and a real sign of the performances we would be getting for the rest of the season

• Like 3

I think Bournemouth at home shades it for me. A win and I think we see us climb the table like they did, instead it destroyed any hope we had of survival. What was most hurtful was the performance on the day, absolutely no fight or desire. We literally could have continued playing that game for another month and still not even threatened their goal. The fact that their goal came about because of a stupid error epitomises our season. 

The other game that stands out for me was that Newcastle home game. First game back after the break, having been on a decent run prior to the WC, fans full of optimism that we've turned a corner, and then the game's over within the first 7 minutes. Make no mistake, Newcastle were bang average that day but we made them look like peak Barcelona. That game set the tone for the second phase of the season and we've never recovered. 

Bournemouth without a doubt.

The only time I have ever shamefully (Or maybe unashamedly) walked out before 60 minutes. 

We pulled into our drive 16 miles away just before full time.

I never want to feel the way that made me feel again!