Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunbury Fox

Which is our worst performance of this season?

Which is our worst performance of the season? There's so many to choose from!  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Which is our worst performance of the season? There's so many to choose from!

• Southampton (H) 1-2
    • Brighton (A) 2-5
    • Tottenham (A) 2-6
    • Chelsea (A) 1-2 - lost despite playing against 10 men for over 60 minutes
    • Newcastle (H) 0-3
    • Forest (A) 0-2
    • Blackburn (H, Cup) 1-2
    • Southampton (A) 0-1
    • Arsenal (H) 0-1 (xG of 0.02)
    • Palace (A) 1-2 (3 shots to their 30)
    • Bournemouth (H) 0-1
    • Fulham (A) 3-5
    • Yet another defeat

Guest Mee-9

I felt like it was over against Bournemouth at home. 

Never felt so shit after a game. 

The Villa game was a close second, came home and had a row with the missus as she'd left the windows upstairs open and the lights on. Was fuming. 

Brighton and Spurs weren't even that bad. Spurs especially we were in the game, it was only we went for it and ended up conceding the last 3.

Palace, Bournemouth, Southampton were much worse. Especially Southampton away where we had chance after chance but couldn't get anything on target.

3 hours ago, bovril said:

First 60 mins of Blackburn was the worst I've seen a top flight Leicester side play. In fact I could imagine Rob Kelly's Leicester side beating us playing like that.

I was held up somewhere that day so actually didn't get to the ground until around 30 mins in. Remember asking the guy next to me what I missed and he was like the square root of f*** all mate. The rest of the game was largely forgettable too

6 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

You can only pick one because the poll is trying to determine which of the many sh1t shows listed really is the very worst one. I'll be honest, I changed my mind so many times before picking one! 

Can I pick them all (except Forest at home)?

Being forced I'd go for Fulham on Monday, for the complete lack of any commitment or actually giving a S**t.

Being in the away end that day also grates after the effort and commitment on our behalf to get there, for them to just shrug and do bugger all until we were 5 down.

I voted for Brighton away. It’s the only game I can ever remember coming out of where I’ve been embarrassed. The teams 2nd half performance was so poor with Brighton just passing round us. So little effort from us as well. No fight, no steel, no leadership and just a soft acceptance. I knew we were in serious trouble 

11 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

The most annoying game will be West Ham at home when we win comfortably and put on a great show despite already being relegated. 

Do you know what I don’t think this lot have it in them to get another point. We’ll do well to score another goal - truelly dogshite 

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Do you know what I don’t think this lot have it in them to get another point. We’ll do well to score another goal - truelly dogshite 

Scoring goals isn't an issue. Being able to score more than the opposition is a challenge when our defence is horrific 

9 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Spoilt for choice but the Blackburn game made me realise our players just generally aren't as good as we thought they were.

That game reminded me of the Pleat era. Common opposition back then and a team totally devoid of ideas and any fight. The fact the game meant so much to the supporters didn’t seem to register with any of the players or football management team at all 

8 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I voted for Brighton away. It’s the only game I can ever remember coming out of where I’ve been embarrassed. The teams 2nd half performance was so poor with Brighton just passing round us. So little effort from us as well. No fight, no steel, no leadership and just a soft acceptance. I knew we were in serious trouble 

He was on the bench 

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Brighton and Spurs weren't even that bad. Spurs especially we were in the game, it was only we went for it and ended up conceding the last 3.

Palace, Bournemouth, Southampton were much worse. Especially Southampton away where we had chance after chance but couldn't get anything on target.

Spurs was a freak but Brighton was abysmal. We were an absolute disgrace.

19 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Spoilt for choice but the Blackburn game made me realise our players just generally aren't as good as we thought they were.

This.Thought at the time if we were to go down we would still be in trouble.

I’m going Villa away for giving me false hope.

Could we also have 

Worst Player of the season - that'll be even tough - Suggestion - Danny Ward but there are 23 others (exclude JV of course) in close contention 

The player who has declined the most - another tough one - I'd go for Wilf - He's literally unrecognisable 

Worst Goal conceded - Loads to choose from - literally almost impossible as they've nearly all been crap 

Villain of the season - Has to be Brendan 

Any other categories?