Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

The Blame Game

The bulk of what’s gone wrong has happened in the last 18 months, after we won the FA Cup so I’m not buying that but outside of that, would you say appointing Congleton was the reason we won the FA Cup?

The signings on the whole didn’t contribute to us either achieving Europe or the cup win.

Giving out stupid contracts to players who wouldn’t get them anywhere else didn’t contribute to the success.

If we didn’t give Rodgers the mental contract would he have left? I doubt it, if Arsenal wanted him I’m pretty sure he would have been gone.

Poor recruitment, poor financial management and poor planning have led to all of this so yes Top has to take some blame, as does Rudkin, as does Susan Whelan, as does Brendan.

You are right about the rocky road though, fire sale in the summer and a shit or bust season IMO.

• Like 4

We’ve definitely not overspent transfer wise, our Net Spend over the last 5 years is lower than Everton, Villa, West Ham and Palace as well as obviously the ‘big 6’. The only thing which now seems ****ing stupid and ostentatious is the training ground which at £100m will undoubtedly be the difference when we play Plymouth and Rotherham next season. 

We’ve just been poorly managed from the top (no pun intended) to bottom and and recruitment dreadful. End of

• Like 1

You see those people, the Rodgers in brigade who still sit there, clapper in hand with a big smile on their face as if everything is going smoothly.

The type that clapped the players off at Fulham.

The type that will stay behind after West Ham to wave their hero's goodbye and to thank them for their hard working getting us into the Championship.

They are usually quite illusive but thanks for breaking the mold Rob. 

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This opinion certainly is the other end of the spectrum to mine. I respect it nonetheless and admire you in some ways, I wish I wasn't feeling what I'm feeling right now. If I don't have a heart attack or combust then hopefully I'll join you in the nostalgic viewpoint one day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

Like a pack of wolves, a good proportion of the Leicester loyal turn on their club.

Top who was the hero, suddenly it’s his fault. Rudkin, well he has always been there to be shot at. Then there is Rodger’s, he will get it from the proportion that don’t blame Top.

The bottom line is we over invested in the club, huge contracts for the manager and massive wages to keep the likes of Kasper and Vards.

For me, I’m not having it. I understand we will go down, but mismanaged? 

Depends on how you look at it and I’m looking at it in a different way.

If we had lives within our means there would have been no Rodger’s, no Tielemans and certainly no F.A Cup win and no Europe.

We have acted like a lot of people, huge credit card bills, big mortgages, but they have had some great holidays and drive nice cars.

Playing it the way we did it was bound to hit us hard, and I think the next good few years will be extremely bumpy, probably a great deal more bumpy than anyone can expect.

But blame game, nah, we kept Vardy here instead of Arsenal, we went on  European tour, we massively overspent and now we are in a huge mess.

But I am glad we did it, I am glad we invested in Rodger’s, I am glad we beat the sensible spenders to the likes of Tielemans and Maddison and I am so happy I have been on the journey.

I ain’t blaming anyone, not least Top who sanctions deals and Rodger’s for getting us to a fantastic trophy win. 

I sort of don’t care what is going to happen, we have had a great time and we wouldn’t have done it playing it the sensible way. 

I much prefer what we have done than just potter along, I ain’t blaming anyone. I am going to look back at a fantastic era I never thought possible. 

I personally get disappointed when people get turned on, got to blame someone, you always have to find someone to point at.

Not me, it’s been great, and I am so happy it happened. 

Fasten your seat belts, but don’t expect what we recently achieved for many many many years. Those days are gone, but look back with fondness rather than hacking people down who made that dream possible 

You've been gaslighted mate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

Like a pack of wolves, a good proportion of the Leicester loyal turn on their club.

Top who was the hero, suddenly it’s his fault. Rudkin, well he has always been there to be shot at. Then there is Rodger’s, he will get it from the proportion that don’t blame Top.

The bottom line is we over invested in the club, huge contracts for the manager and massive wages to keep the likes of Kasper and Vards.

For me, I’m not having it. I understand we will go down, but mismanaged? 

Depends on how you look at it and I’m looking at it in a different way.

If we had lives within our means there would have been no Rodger’s, no Tielemans and certainly no F.A Cup win and no Europe.

We have acted like a lot of people, huge credit card bills, big mortgages, but they have had some great holidays and drive nice cars.

Playing it the way we did it was bound to hit us hard, and I think the next good few years will be extremely bumpy, probably a great deal more bumpy than anyone can expect.

But blame game, nah, we kept Vardy here instead of Arsenal, we went on  European tour, we massively overspent and now we are in a huge mess.

But I am glad we did it, I am glad we invested in Rodger’s, I am glad we beat the sensible spenders to the likes of Tielemans and Maddison and I am so happy I have been on the journey.

I ain’t blaming anyone, not least Top who sanctions deals and Rodger’s for getting us to a fantastic trophy win. 

I sort of don’t care what is going to happen, we have had a great time and we wouldn’t have done it playing it the sensible way. 

I much prefer what we have done than just potter along, I ain’t blaming anyone. I am going to look back at a fantastic era I never thought possible. 

I personally get disappointed when people get turned on, got to blame someone, you always have to find someone to point at.

Not me, it’s been great, and I am so happy it happened. 

Fasten your seat belts, but don’t expect what we recently achieved for many many many years. Those days are gone, but look back with fondness rather than hacking people down who made that dream possible 

Back in a few mins just off to grab some popcorn. 

• Haha 1

Guest Mee-9

The thing that makes Top and the board fair game to have a pop at is the shocking business decisions.

Letting players run down their contracts to go on a free before forcing them out, costing the club millions. If you don't even run a multi million pound business and run a small one you know this sort of antics is what sinks a business. You are literally throwing away valuable assets. 

Favouring building hotels over investing in the squad. Who in their right mind is going to fork out a fortune to stay in a King Power Hotel, miles away from the city centre. The training ground is another question mark for me. Yeah Seagrave looks amazing, but it connotes a sense of luxury for me, a luxury in which next year will be enjoyed as we prepare for a crunch match scrapping for the playoffs against West Brom. 

The lack of action from Top and the board has ultimately sent us down. We've bashed Brendan a lot, but ultimately the decision lays at the door of Top and the board, Whelan included to get rid of the rotten apple.  If we'd had Dean Smith (and I don't really rate him) earlier we'd have stayed up. We've been mismanaged for years, and some fans can't see it because they think the owners farts don't smell because they get a free Krispy Kreme Donut twice a year. 

We're a joke of a club who are obsessed with filming away fans who collect tickets, who turn youngsters away from the turnstiles as they 'haven't got ID.' We're also a club that insist that all fans have a smart device during a cost of living crisis, when a large part of the fan base are elderly and don't even know how to use the Yellow Pages efficiently. We've even had rumours of fans being banned from the ground for posts made on social media, with companies paid by the club to hunt this down. 

It's a circus. We were calling for Rodgers' to leave at the start of the season. The amount of vote threads on here became laughable. It's the ownership and board who have caused this. Complete mismanagement and farce.