Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

1 hour ago, leicesterisme said:

I wouldn't say not scoring goals is the issue, we have scored 12 goals in 5 games, obviously conceding way way too many at the moment though. 

I think the return on White is going to help massively, I think there is a lot of value to be put on an experienced solid keeper especially when two new centre halves have been introduced this season.

Will be a tricky game tomorrow as Barwell seem to have started really well, hopefully there is a big response from the last 2 defeats. 

Scoring goals is an issue when we go behind or teams set up to make it difficult.

If we get in front and get on top of teams then we tend to go on and score a shed load. 

Hinckley have Chelmsley Town today at home, top of the table clash with first vs second and a chance for Hinckley to get some points between them and the chasing pack. Five wins in six league wins and through in the Vase so far, so would really cap off a great August with a win today.

3 hours ago, westernpark said:

Didn’t think my expectations could be lowered.

Toss up between this and having to wash fox shit off the retriever are tying for the best part of the afternoon. I think the dog will win. 

Truth told, I thought that was the best we’ve looked this season - especially with the loss of the two most experienced and consistent players. At least Gary looked to be moving freely after half-time. 

IMG_3436.jpeg

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Toss up between this and having to wash fox shit off the retriever are tying for the best part of the afternoon. I think the dog will win. 

Truth told, I thought that was the best we’ve looked this season - especially with the loss of the two most experienced and consistent players. At least Gary looked to be moving freely after half-time. 

IMG_3436.jpeg

Team looks good except for the lump upfront. The amount of long throwers that were wasted with Laithwaite! I’m very worried that Kettering will be part of successive relegations.

10 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Team looks good except for the lump upfront. The amount of long throwers that were wasted with Laithwaite! I’m very worried that Kettering will be part of successive relegations.

I know it’s early in the season, but I struggle to see any other outcome at the moment. 

Boro got a decent 3-3 draw at Stamford point gained and well earnt. Shocking defending however gone from the tightest defense last to leakest so far. Battle of Leicestershire seen Coalville get a victory over Barwell. Kettering get a late equaliser in 97th minute to avoid another defeat and Long Eaton lose again to make six out of six.

Under the radar, Mickleover have claimed six wins out of six and have a decent little lead. Must admit nothing stands out amongst their starting eleven (other than an ex LCFC keeper). 

Halesowen have been really good but just lacked a killer instinct. 

507 at the Butthole - some crowd that. That division has started as I suspect it may finish with Spalding top. 

Went Pboro Sports v Brackley. Despite a couple of brand new terraces, still a sorry ground for step 2. Think Brackley be up around playoffs again - canny and controlled today - top teamwork and a really good midfield 

6 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Dynamo derby in Shepshed today. Proper bank holiday football! Fancied a change from Coalville.

Thought Shepshed were quite lucky to be 1-0 up at half time and the 2nd half was great, plenty of action

I quite enjoyed all the banter with the Loughborough keeper as well! lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Under the radar, Mickleover have claimed six wins out of six and have a decent little lead. Must admit nothing stands out amongst their starting eleven (other than an ex LCFC keeper). 

507 at the Butthole - some crowd that. That division has started as I suspect it may finish with Spalding top. 

Went Pboro Sports v Brackley. Despite a couple of brand new terraces, still a sorry ground for step 2. Think Brackley be up around playoffs again - canny and controlled today - top teamwork and a really good midfield 

it is an impressive run but they're all games id likely think they'd fancy winning bar maybe St Ives and Leamington which could go either way.

Certainly wouldn't be getting too carried away if I was them

Similar performance to the one against Royston today but we took our chances and our keeper didn't present the opposition with a few freebies 

Hopefully try and put a bit of a run together now.

Yeah thought Coalville looked pretty solid,  Laban didn’t have much to do but looked assured.

Impressed with Wes York as well, deserved the MOM.

Hopefully go on a bit of a run now and string some wins together. League looks like it could be really open.

13 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

With all due respect to Pboro Sports, there a club pushing above their weight. Only five years ago they were probably only in the Eastern Counties league. This is probably a level two high, I think any club that get crowds below 300 at National League North will always struggle.

Been a great month for Ingles, playing 7 league games (W4, D2, L1) and winning on pens in the vase! This time last year we was in the relegation zone so a massive improvement!

Some big hitters to play in September & October

Edited by Tevez
  • Like 3