Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

Been told likely new named football club in Nuneaton, will be called Nuneaton AFC. Sadly they have got drop the Borough name. Not quite sure why they can't use AFC Nuneaton Borough or Nuneaton Borough Town FC.  From what I have understand talks in progress already to play their games at Pingles Stadium with a new stadium be built with the council supporting the fund also. Apparently the new stadium talks were already in development for years with the original football club, but of course talks stalled while the own going issues at Liberty Way. Seems like the move to Avenue Road site may become a reality put of course it'll take years to happen. Big question what level is the Pingles Suitable for. Two big meetings next week to discuss the plans.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Been told likely new named football club in Nuneaton, will be called Nuneaton AFC. Sadly they have got drop the Borough name. Not quite sure why they can't use AFC Nuneaton Borough or Nuneaton Borough Town FC.  From what I have understand talks in progress already to play their games at Pingles Stadium with a new stadium be built with the council supporting the fund also. Apparently the new stadium talks were already in development for years with the original football club, but of course talks stalled while the own going issues at Liberty Way. Seems like the move to Avenue Road site may become a reality put of course it'll take years to happen. Big question what level is the Pingles Suitable for. Two big meetings next week to discuss the plans.

Guy Hadland to get the managers job. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Guy Hadland to get the managers job. 

Im not sure he did an interview in the summer when he was announced as part of the coaching staff. He admitted he didnt quite enjoy management work at Barwell. Much preferred the coaching rather than managing.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

I could just copy and paste one of my many posts this season.

Fantastic effort from the remaining players. Shame lita squandered a 1 on 1 to make it 2 0. 5 mins later were 2 1 down.

It would've been a good game 11 v 11. Can't fault the effort today, but that's twice in the last 2 seasons we've ended up with an outfield player in goal.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

For anyone not aware, as it hasn't been publicised, Coalville play Hinckley LR in the Challenge Cup on Tuesday at Leicester Road.

Thankfully been there before so I can't be tempted into it. Hopefully we send a youth team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It would've been a good game 11 v 11. Can't fault the effort today, but that's twice in the last 2 seasons we've ended up with an outfield player in goal.

Absolutely. It's like we get a kick out of handicapping ourselves in as many creative ways as possible haha. 

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Thankfully been there before so I can't be tempted into it. Hopefully we send a youth team.

One positive to take. It gives Ben Hart a chance for some much-needed minutes. I suspect Jake Hutchings will play too.

51 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

One positive to take. It gives Ben Hart a chance for some much-needed minutes. I suspect Jake Hutchings will play too.

That is a very good point to be fair 

If he can find his pre season form, having Hart and Putman either side for the run in will be a massive boost.

Its tough to pick an 11 when everyone is fit, we are so far below where we should be, its insane.

Very good game yesterday, shame for Hinckley as Ingles pipped us 1-0 but withstood about 60 minutes of the kitchen sink and about 30 of those with ten men, with some superb saves from their young keeper.

Just need to tick off wins now, should be looking to win most if not all until Droitwich away in March, keep the distance as I can’t imagine the chasing pack won’t drop points with how the season has gone. If we do manage it though I’m hoping it’s Ingles that come up with us (or anyone apart from Droitwich at least!).

First meeting tonight took place in terms of plans a reformed football club within the nuneaton. First up was the supporters club, which sadly to me didnt sound promising. The supporters club did say they needed more members to start a football club. As finding 50k!!! Not sure where those figures come from. Supporters club i think have no hope following this meeting. Second meeting to come Wednesday this time, potentially sole ownership bid, whose apparently got cash to burn and huge project planned... like weve not heard that before.

On 28/01/2024 at 12:51, Finnaldo said:

Very good game yesterday, shame for Hinckley as Ingles pipped us 1-0 but withstood about 60 minutes of the kitchen sink and about 30 of those with ten men, with some superb saves from their young keeper.

Just need to tick off wins now, should be looking to win most if not all until Droitwich away in March, keep the distance as I can’t imagine the chasing pack won’t drop points with how the season has gone. If we do manage it though I’m hoping it’s Ingles that come up with us (or anyone apart from Droitwich at least!).

Yeah, you'll be fine. 

Game - wasn't good for my heart rate!! Thought we played well and defensively probably one of the best. We got absolutely peppered 2nd half!!

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

First meeting tonight took place in terms of plans a reformed football club within the nuneaton. First up was the supporters club, which sadly to me didnt sound promising. The supporters club did say they needed more members to start a football club. As finding 50k!!! Not sure where those figures come from. Supporters club i think have no hope following this meeting. Second meeting to come Wednesday this time, potentially sole ownership bid, whose apparently got cash to burn and huge project planned... like weve not heard that before.

Jeez same old same old.

There is a possibility of a third bid from CIC who has ran by... Jimmy Ginnelly. However im not sure some Nuneaton folk would be happy of that same owner that kind caused this mess running the club again. In his defence does sound like we were setup by the landlord and Nuneaton Nuns rugby club and we fell right into there trap.