Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Shipping goals like nobody’s business and the genius ropes in a free midfielder no one else wants. Going to be great at the Poppies tomorrow lol

Well, Will didn't stay long at Loughborough Dynamo's. He was a decent player for Stamford in their title-winning season and had an offer from Step 2.

I was surprised when he signed for Dynamo. He could be a good capture. Perhaps Leese is following the Keegan blueprint. As for Dan Jarvis, 53 games in the National League is not to be sniffed at.

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Well, Will didn't stay long at Loughborough Dynamo's. He was a decent player for Stamford in their title-winning season and had an offer from Step 2.

I was surprised when he signed for Dynamo. He could be a good capture. Perhaps Leese is following the Keegan blueprint. As for Dan Jarvis, 53 games in the National League is not to be sniffed at.

Only just caught his signing, but it’s still odd that a defence shipping goals isn’t the focus of improvement

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Youth supporter culture in this country is on its arse.

Jeeezz, and they posted this for everyone to see.  Mind boggles.

Yet the youth in scotland form ultra groups that are transforming support north of the border.

Edited by purpleronnie

47 minutes ago, adam said:

What on earth has happened to coalville today. Lost 6 1 at home. Anyone go?

Yes, sadly. Dire game 1st half. 3 at the back exposed 2nd half. No energy in midfield. Hoofball in blustery conditions. Changed to a 4 at the back and still got exposed with almost every attack down our left. Our best striker on the bench until 60 odd minutes. I think that sums it up. 

5 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Yes, sadly. Dire game 1st half. 3 at the back exposed 2nd half. No energy in midfield. Hoofball in blustery conditions. Changed to a 4 at the back and still got exposed with almost every attack down our left. Our best striker on the bench until 60 odd minutes. I think that sums it up. 

How did the new keeper look? Probably not great looking at the score lol

29 minutes ago, adam said:

How did the new keeper look? Probably not great looking at the score lol

It was only the 3rd goal where he was slightly culpable. He flapped and pushed a cross out that Needham's stirker tucked home. I'm probably nitpicking. The other 10 in front of him today was the real issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

A draw wasn’t really deserved - but I’ll take that to kick start the season. Halesowen we’re decent - their vocal support was very decent. 

But why do they hate Corby?

Cos Corby are horrible basically. Cracking club Halesowen 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Was V.Poor at Quorn for his brief stay but was coming back from injury. Is a really nice guy by all accounts. His Twitter is usually quite a good read positive mind-set type stuff. Was at Man Utd as a youth too

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Some cracking wins in the FA Cup for Leics clubs today 

Nuneaton done 7-0! 
Bromsgrove have surprised me. New board taken over there, so their support will swell again. 

Boro humiliated. A lot of anger on social media. 99% asking for jim Ginnelly to step down as manager. Sadly wont happen, his attitude its my club and i'll do what i please. 

One Boro fan went to a player and asked for a refund and get a response "you decided to come pal. Not my problem" 

Guest Lcfc82
5 hours ago, filbertway said:

Sneds plays 2 games and we win 2. Keeper position is so under rated by us. Whitey ain't the answer 

Id advise playing football rather than twatting the ball into the corner, but im not a full time manager.

Although I agree with you on the keeper issue, wasn’t the problem yesterday.

For me the squad isn’t big enough and hasn’t got enough depth in certain areas, especially midfield. Certain players know they’re guaranteed to start under this manager regardless.
Hart also needs replacing now he is going to be out for a long time. 

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Although I agree with you on the keeper issue, wasn’t the problem yesterday.

For me the squad isn’t big enough and hasn’t got enough depth in certain areas, especially midfield. Certain players know they’re guaranteed to start under this manager regardless.
Hart also needs replacing now he is going to be out for a long time. 

I don't get the negativity towards White. After Christmas, apart from Barwell away he barely put a foot or glove wrong and he had some excellent games.

I agree there was an air of 'we'll turn up and win' yesterday. Pep's been our best midfielder in 4 games, which says a lot, but yesterday was an incredibly lazy peformance from us. 4 goals came down the left hand side. The formation needed changing much sooner, as Putty was getting completely overrun with little or no help from Gooch.

Needham were a neat footballing team as they always have been, but I don't think we were beaten 6-1 yesterday by a side that wll finish top 5. Hopefully, it's the kick up the arse the players and management need. If Hart has suffered a minor leg break then he could be back by the start of November.

I can't wait for Robbo to return to give us some much needed leadership at the back.

Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, joeybside said:

Was V.Poor at Quorn for his brief stay but was coming back from injury. Is a really nice guy by all accounts. His Twitter is usually quite a good read positive mind-set type stuff. Was at Man Utd as a youth too

Debut goal - so if he keeps up that ratio I’ll be happy 😁

• Like 1

Decent start to the season for Hinckley; 3-2 win vs Droitwich, 3-1 loss vs Heather, 3-1 & 2-1 wins vs Bilston (both games AFC were down to ten for more or less a full half) and a 3-0 win this weekend against Chelmsley makes it four wins, 12 points and top of the table after the first five games. More encouragingly the fact the main Droitwich, Bilston and Heather, probably our main competitors this year, have dropped five, nine and six points respectively already gives Hinckley a nice advantage going into a very nice run of games. 

Seems like a more open league this year with plenty of points being spread quite evenly, if Hinckley stay focused and win games they should be winning then there’s a potential to open a nice cushion, but that there’s a lot of football to be played before then.

Edited by Finnaldo

14 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Boro humiliated. A lot of anger on social media. 99% asking for jim Ginnelly to step down as manager. Sadly wont happen, his attitude its my club and i'll do what i please. 

One Boro fan went to a player and asked for a refund and get a response "you decided to come pal. Not my problem" 

Seems fair enough to me lol

• Thanks 1