Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

Went to Buxton v Curzon Ashton yesterday, pretty average game with two average teams. Buxton on paper have a playoff squad but cannot mould it into a winning team, players on the bench who Curzon would love in their starting XI.

Lovely drive through Darley Dale, Bakewell and Matlock on the way there/back.

Edited by Tuna

9 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I don't get the negativity towards White. After Christmas, apart from Barwell away he barely put a foot or glove wrong and he had some excellent games.

I agree there was an air of 'we'll turn up and win' yesterday. Pep's been our best midfielder in 4 games, which says a lot, but yesterday was an incredibly lazy peformance from us. 4 goals came down the left hand side. The formation needed changing much sooner, as Putty was getting completely overrun with little or no help from Gooch.

Needham were a neat footballing team as they always have been, but I don't think we were beaten 6-1 yesterday by a side that wll finish top 5. Hopefully, it's the kick up the arse the players and management need. If Hart has suffered a minor leg break then he could be back by the start of November.

I can't wait for Robbo to return to give us some much needed leadership at the back.

I don’t dislike White, could do a lot worse. He seems like a decent character as well. I sometimes feel he gets beat my things that he should be saving. 

I wonder if when Robbo comes back they will try 3 at the back with him at the centre of Hutchins and Carter.

On 19/08/2023 at 17:15, Daggers said:

A draw wasn’t really deserved - but I’ll take that to kick start the season. Halesowen we’re decent - their vocal support was very decent. 

But why do they hate Corby?

There's a video online of a Halesowen fan being assaulted by a few Corby lads.

Of all the fans that came to the Dovecote last season, Corby were the most feral. Halesowen was a great away day and their support is unreal - we won as well. 

• Like 1

Fa Cup draw made local team wise

AFC Telford v Coalville...  won't expect cup run from Coalville this year

Nuneaton Boro v Carlton Town

Stafford Rangers v Atherstone Town.... police leave cancelled in Stafford when the Adders come

Halesowen Town v Rugby Borough

Leamington v Coleshill Town

Ashby Ivanhoe v Bromsgrove Sporting

Rugby Town v Barwell

Cleethorpes Town v Leicester Road

Anstey Nomads v Hanley Town/Stourport Swifts

Hullbridge Sports v Kettering Town

Edited by Leicesterpool

13 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

But that means going to cleethorpes......cleethorpes.

Yeah scruffy seaside town that. For me alongside Margate the worse side in the UK. I'd say drink in Grimsby much nicer there then head over to Cleethorpes, spend little time there is possible. I'm sorry if your from Cleethorpes but your council have let you down. 

15 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah scruffy seaside town that. For me alongside Margate the worse side in the UK. I'd say drink in Grimsby much nicer there then head over to Cleethorpes, spend little time there is possible. I'm sorry if your from Cleethorpes but your council have let you down. 

There is a 'masterplan' for cleethorpes, and they do have quite a bit of money, not enough, but hopefully it will improve at least a few areas that are desperate for it.

Just now, purpleronnie said:

There is a 'masterplan' for cleethorpes, and they do have quite a bit of money, not enough, but hopefully it will improve at least a few areas that are desperate for it.

I know down the coast Skeg Vegas is having vast improvement and to be fair, it is fastly becoming attractive place again after years of being rough and run down. I think long project for Skeggy is to make it all year round place like Blackpool and Brighton. Though I do think what help places like Blackpool and Brighton is they have two big football teams within the town, which brings a lot of visitors every week. Noticed Skegness Town football team is starting to progress since they moved ground. 

6 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It may not be the defensive addition some Ravens are craving, but I'm looking forward to seeing Terell linking up with Berridge et al.

Possibly moving Wes York to right back and Pennant replacing York in the wide areas.

Should be straight into the side today 

On 23/08/2023 at 08:19, Leicesterpool said:

Have you been to Margate recently? 

Gentrification personified 

1-1 draw between Rushall and Banbury, Rushall dominant but just not clinical in front of goal, should have won.

Banbury "ultras" segregated at the back of the ground, loud and sweary as you'd expect, had to laugh at the one wearing a Liverpool top lol

Really impressed with Rushall's ground improvements, my last visit was in 2011 and I think the word "rustic" was apt back then to describe it!

12 hours ago, Lako42 said:

The same shit continues at cville. 

Manager throws the keeper under the bus which I'm sure will help him on Monday. 

The fact we can't score and keep doing the same thing over and over again obviously nothing to do with it. 

I wouldn't say not scoring goals is the issue, we have scored 12 goals in 5 games, obviously conceding way way too many at the moment though. 

I think the return on White is going to help massively, I think there is a lot of value to be put on an experienced solid keeper especially when two new centre halves have been introduced this season.

Will be a tricky game tomorrow as Barwell seem to have started really well, hopefully there is a big response from the last 2 defeats.