Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

While you lot were watching us draw a blank v Hull I went to see Boston v Blyth, 3-1 win to Boston with 2 injury time goals winning the game, Blyth led up to the 89th minute before conceding and went up to try and win it and got hit on the break.

Professor Sir Jonathan Van Tam was in attendance I can confirm!

Boro out after losing to carlton, shambles. Lita misses a pen again. But we deserved nowt. Squad is to old with a sunday league manager in charge who wont be sacked or step down. Some claims post match someone shouted when your "standing down Jimmy" and response "i have no intention of stepping down"

19 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Boro out after losing to carlton, shambles. Lita misses a pen again. But we deserved nowt. Squad is to old with a sunday league manager in charge who wont be sacked or step down. Some claims post match someone shouted when your "standing down Jimmy" and response "i have no intention of stepping down"

How were Carlton? Struggled massively last season but started this one like a house on fire.

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

2nd Qualifying Draw - selected ties 

Coalville Town v Stafford Rangers

Barwell v Bromsgrove Sporting

Tamworth v Harborough Town

Hereford v Anstey Nomads

Scunthorpe v Brackley

Kettering v S.Khalsa/Darlaston Town

Macclesfield v Buxton stands out for me as well.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2023 at 08:43, purpleronnie said:

I'm surprised Tamworth have started life in the National league so well, just makes you wonder what could've been if Coalville hadn't choked.

Watched them twice this week on National League TV, they are the real deal and are not even at full strength.

16 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Apparently the ref abandoned the Scunthorpe Utd v Buxton match in the final minutes of added-on time, because of a waterlogged pitch..   Sounds a bit weird?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66765341

Yes I watched it on national league TV no one could believe it, Buxton celebrated like they'd won. Pitch was a quagmire, totally unplayable, unclear whether it will be replayed.

Edited by Tuna

Coalville were poor again, look a shadow of the team they were for most of last season. Can’t seem to get any consistency.

To get done 4-1 by that Nuneaton team is embarrassing.

For me they need to get another midfielder in and bench JDC, lost count of the amount of times Nuneaton walked straight through us. Also need to revert to a back 4 as this 3 at the back isn’t working, Conceding far too many goals.

I would also like to see Pennant get a start on Tuesday, if he doesn’t then he might as well find himself another club.

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Coalville were poor again, look a shadow of the team they were for most of last season. Can’t seem to get any consistency.

To get done 4-1 by that Nuneaton team is embarrassing.

For me they need to get another midfielder in and bench JDC, lost count of the amount of times Nuneaton walked straight through us. Also need to revert to a back 4 as this 3 at the back isn’t working, Conceding far too many goals.

I would also like to see Pennant get a start on Tuesday, if he doesn’t then he might as well find himself another club.

We seem so easy to score against. Nuneaton didn't have to play well today to score 4 and win. And going the other way we were predictable with the long ball, and then when we try and play it's in areas that are tight and congested. There's a massive George Wilson shaped hole in the team.

On the bright side, we have one more point than Rushall did at the same stage last season.