Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Almost certainly :D

Did you go to the Royston game? Sounds like we flew out the blocks

I did. Consectuive game no. 116. If we beat Alvechurch in the Trophy or make the play-offs, I can reach 150 this season. It's 3 years tomorrow since I missed a game.

We played some great football in the first 15 and scored some good goals with our first 3 attempts. We could've had more, but we managed the game well and TP was excellent.

I'm looking forward to seeing Hitchin in daylight on Saturday.

Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Latest line being used by many on Mickleover is that they are reliant on Derby County's academy.

However looking at their squad, they just been really canny get in lads released by Derby, the Sheffield clubs and added some experience to that in goal/upfront 

You'd imagine their management team have good contacts seeing as they're both ex-professionals. The recruitment and the way they play is reminiscent of Andy Whing's Banbury side from 21/22.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2023 at 19:55, Daggers said:

Fvck non-league football. Seriously. 

I’ve calmed down and sobered up a bit now. How do you go to a side one place below you at the bottom of the league and look completely outclassed - like a Sunday morning kids side? It was completely dreadful. Redeemed only by the two goals I missed because I was buying more beer. Someone should ban beer, you miss football.

KTFC are going down again unless drastic action is taken now to replace the management team. This can’t go on any longer.

On 09/10/2023 at 22:35, Gary Eatfood said:

You'd imagine their management team have good contacts seeing as they're both ex-professionals. The recruitment and the way they play is reminiscent of Andy Whing's Banbury side from 21/22.

McGrath had them really purring in 20/21 top of the northern premier  before covid cancelled the season.

Edited by Tuna

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Big shake up needed there.

It's the umpteenth time we've conceded 4 or more already this campaign. The most annoying aspect is I don't think we've lost to a side this season that would've been anyhwere close to our level last year.

It's looking like it's going to be a long season.

3 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It's the umpteenth time we've conceded 4 or more already this campaign. The most annoying aspect is I don't think we've lost to a side this season that would've been anyhwere close to our level last year.

It's looking like it's going to be a long season.

That’s the thing that annoys me, I look at some of these sides up at the top end of the league and they’re nothing special at all.

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

That’s the thing that annoys me, I look at some of these sides up at the top end of the league and they’re nothing special at all.

We wasted a huge opportunity last season, and despite adding to an already talented squad, we look like getting nowhere near the heights of last season due to our paucity in defense, and dare I say, mental application to games. We also lack a box-to-box midfielder.

We should be making the play-offs minimum with the players we have. The first half today was the best football we've played all season.

5 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

We wasted a huge opportunity last season, and despite adding to an already talented squad, we look like getting nowhere near the heights of last season due to our paucity in defense, and dare I say, mental application to games. We also lack a box-to-box midfielder.

We should be making the play-offs minimum with the players we have. The first half today was the best football we've played all season.

Last season was the best chance you will ever get to get promoted.

I just think it seems to have gone a bit stale this season, don’t seem to have the same application.

We still can produce some good football such as the 1st half today but we have no consistency at all.

I think Stevo should have gone at the end of last season and I still stand by that. It needs a new voice now.

Edited by Lcfc82

8 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Last season was the best chance you will ever get to get promoted.

I just think it seems to have gone a bit stale this season, don’t seem to have the same application.

We still can produce some good football such as the 1st half today but we have no consistency at all.

I think Stevo should have gone at the end of last season and I still stand by that. It needs a new voice now.

There are voices of discontent amongst those that have been supporting for a while, but who would do a better job? He has a good record. It's just getting over the finishing line that seems to be an issue. I would stand by Stevo.

I have no doubt once we have our injured players back that we have a top 5 squad, but we still need a CM. The biggest issue today in the second half was Luke Shaw in the 10.

He didn't drop in to help JDC and Thanoj, or offer much going forward. Once everyone is fit, I'd like to see TP on the right, Gooch on the left and Wes York in the 10. Either that, or go to  a back 3 with Robbo and 2 of Chambo/Berridge/Cook up front.

Edited by Gary Eatfood

4 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

There are voices of discontent amongst those that have been supporting for a while, but who would do a better job? He has a good record. It's just getting over the finishing line that seems to be an issue.

I have no doubt once we have our injured players back that we have a top 5 squad, but we still need a CM. The biggest issue today in the second half was Luke Shaw in the 10.

He didn't drop in to help JDC and Thanoj, or offer much going forward. Once everyone is fit, I'd like to see TP on the right, Gooch on the left and Wes York in the 10. Either that, or go to  a back 3 with Robbo and 2 of Chambo/Berridge/Cook up front.

Regards to a new manager I think the club is at a level now where it needs someone who has been involved in the professional game in charge and can conduct themselves a bit better. Also have better contacts etc.

Getting over the line will always be an issue with Stevo. He runs a small squad, picks the same players every week and they are burnt out by the end of the season. I’d argue his record isn’t that good, he has been well backed by Glynn and has had one of the strongest first 11’s in the league for the past few seasons. 
The FA cup run last season was obviously a tremendous achievement but has masked the failed league campaign IMO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Regards to a new manager I think the club is at a level now where it needs someone who has been involved in the professional game in charge and can conduct themselves a bit better. Also have better contacts etc.

Getting over the line will always be an issue with Stevo. He runs a small squad, picks the same players every week and they are burnt out by the end of the season. I’d argue his record isn’t that good, he has been well backed by Glynn and has had one of the strongest first 11’s in the league for the past few seasons. 
The FA cup run last season was obviously a tremendous achievement but has masked the failed league campaign IMO.

I wouldn't consider losing out on Tamworth on goal difference a failure. With 5 games to go it was Coalville's to lose and to blow it was hugley disappointing, but at the start of the season we would've settled for the potential of a home play-off final. Coalville have progressed in every season they've been in the Souther Central Prem.

One of the key features of Coalville's success over the last few seasons has been due to the core of the squad remaining settled. It does appear that one or two may have overstayed their welcome, but if you were to sack Stevo now, I think this season would be a write-off.

I agree with players being leggy at the end of the season. Perhaps we'll be stronger in the second half of the season with all the injuries we've had, but reinforcements in midfield are vital.

I feel like we've got to beat Berkhamsted next week.

Edited by Gary Eatfood

12 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I wouldn't consider losing out on Tamworth on goal difference a failure. With 5 games to go it was Coalville's to lose and to blow it was hugley disappointing, but at the start of the season we would've settled for the potential of a home play-off final. Coalville have progressed in every season they've been in the Souther Central Prem.

One of the key features of Coalville's success over the last few seasons has been due to the core of the squad remaining settled. It does appear that one or two may have overstayed their welcome, but if you were to sack Stevo now, I think this season would be a write-off.

I agree with players being leggy at the end of the season. Perhaps we'll be stronger in the second half of the season with all the injuries we've had, but reinforcements in midfield are vital.

I feel like we've got to beat Berkhamsted next week.

The bit I’ve highlighted is why I’ve suggested that it ended as a failure.

We will beat Berkamsted comfortably and could still easily turn it around and make the playoffs but I can’t see it at the moment. Definitely need a couple of midfield reinforcements ASAP as you say. 

Great to see Ramsgate (adopted hometown team) into the 1st round proper of the FA Cup after a 1-0 win at AFC Totton. Pretty good achievement for an Isthmian SE side. They blew promotion in an almost identical style to Coalville last season so good to see them still looking good. Only played 3 league games this season due to FA cup/Trophy games so mindful they'll be hindered have to play catchup in the league too much (already 5 games behind early pacesetters). 

• Like 2

Boro lose 1-2 to Barwell how im not sure created lots of chances and missed a pen. Deserved a point at the minimum. 824 in attendance not bad at all for this level.

Behind the scenes dont sound healthy 3 budget cuts, squad reduced to 15 and academy players being drifted. Historic debt still cause issues. Annoying how a previous owner (Lee Thorn) who caused this mess walked away without paying penny for the debt he racked up.

Edited by Leicesterpool