Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Great defending! 

Very good but strangely this is about five years old lol odd it’s popped up now

Whilst on the topic, what a fall for them. Been to a few games as my mate lives that way, when we went to the first game a couple years ago they’d started the season well in the play off spots in the National League South, this weekend’s win at Kingstonian put them just clear of the relegation spots in the Isthmian Prem. Shows how quickly your luck can turn in non-league.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2023 at 17:37, Leicesterpool said:

Boro lose 1-2 to Barwell how im not sure created lots of chances and missed a pen. Deserved a point at the minimum. 824 in attendance not bad at all for this level.

Behind the scenes dont sound healthy 3 budget cuts, squad reduced to 15 and academy players being drifted. Historic debt still cause issues. Annoying how a previous owner (Lee Thorn) who caused this mess walked away without paying penny for the debt he racked up.

Buckets will be out again soon then. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Anyone been Royston? What’s it like as a place ? 

Presume Hertfordshire Royston? I have family in Letchworth so have been a couple of times. I can’t say it stands out, normally have a drink in a village in Willian (the fox) which is nearer letchworth. 

Just now, westernpark said:

Presume Hertfordshire Royston? I have family in Letchworth so have been a couple of times. I can’t say it stands out, normally have a drink in a village in Willian (the fox) which is nearer letchworth. 

Yeah - thinking of going there on Saturday but normally need a pub or cafe to kill some time beforehand. Congleton is my other option and offers a little of a town. 

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah - thinking of going there on Saturday but normally need a pub or cafe to kill some time beforehand. Congleton is my other option and offers a little of a town. 

Another nice village is Ashwell, even nearer to Royston, okay pubs for a village. That part of the world is strange, Milton Keynes has had a big impact on North Herts in my opinion. However, I’d be going to Congleton for Beartown if I was you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I’ve been Royston twice in the last 6 weeks. It’s a quaint town but very small. Hitchin isn’t far away and there’s a lot more to see and do. I’m fact, Hitchin is bloody lovely. 

10 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It could've been 15. Some of the goals we scored today were superb, although it must be said that Berkhamsted were atrocious.

Yeah agree, some really good goals but hard to judge the performance as they were shocking. Looked like a side from a few levels below.

4 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah agree, some really good goals but hard to judge the performance as they were shocking. Looked like a side from a few levels below.

They were shocking. Their shape in the first half was so narrow it made it easy for us to expose them down the flanks, especially on the left.

However, our front 4 today would've given any team in this league a tough afternoon and you have to credit us for keeping our foot on their necks.

That's the best Luke Shaw has played in the 10 role. We need to keep hold of Pennant. He's not contracted.

Went Royston in the end. On way there was a heavy rain shower and thought this game might be in trouble. Literally got thru the turnstile and seen the ref on the pitch with the coaches. Signal made game off. Asked Halesowen manager, he said yes it’s off. Didn’t like then seeing Royston not open the gate out - so only way out was via turnstile, bloke said what you doing? I went the games off. Stop taking peoples money and open the gate. He had a right sulk but they’ve got my £11

Jumped in the car and drove to Biggleswade Tn. Missed about first 7 mins. Ended up being an entertaining game where the away side Kidlington just tried to park the bus after an early goal. Ended 3-1 to Biggleswade playing nine men. Keeper saved a pen for Kidlington but must have took steps forward by the time it was struck, couldn’t believe the ref needed to check with the lino to order a retake 

Edited by CosbehFox

37 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

They were shocking. Their shape in the first half was so narrow it made it easy for us to expose them down the flanks, especially on the left.

However, our front 4 today would've given any team in this league a tough afternoon and you have to credit us for keeping our foot on their necks.

That's the best Luke Shaw has played in the 10 role. We need to keep hold of Pennant. He's not contracted.

Pennant is class at this level, needs getting under contract if that’s right.

16 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Went Royston in the end. On way there was a heavy rain shower and thought this game might be in trouble. Literally got thru the turnstile and seen the ref on the pitch with the coaches. Signal made game off. Asked Halesowen manager, he said yes it’s off. Didn’t like then seeing Royston not open the gate out - so only way out was via turnstile, bloke said what you doing? I went the games off. Stop taking peoples money and open the gate. He had a right sulk but they’ve got my £11

Jumped in the car and drove to Biggleswade Tn. Missed about first 7 mins. Ended up being an entertaining game where the away side Kidlington just tried to park the bus after an early goal. Ended 3-1 to Biggleswade playing nine men. Keeper saved a pen for Kidlington but must have took steps forward by the time it was struck, couldn’t believe the ref needed to check with the lino to order a retake 

Just the 2-3 yards off his line.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Another superb solo effort from Beck-Ray Enoru. This lad must be getting a move soon.

That’s like Sensible Soccer where the only way to score was to run through everyone and plough it in lol