Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

15 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Coalville have signed midfielder Callum Burkey on dual-reg from Basildon. He was at Southend, joined Basildon in November '22 and has already captained them and won Chairman's Player of the Year. Hopefully, he's a similar player to George Wilson.

I read an interview he did back end of last season as well and sounds like hes got his head screwed on. Still has aspirations to be a pro but wants to get a degree alongside it.

Really hope he's a genuine first choice option. Based on everything I've read it sounds like there's no reason he shouldn't be pushing to be a first team regular by xmas

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

I read an interview he did back end of last season as well and sounds like hes got his head screwed on. Still has aspirations to be a pro but wants to get a degree alongside it.

Really hope he's a genuine first choice option. Based on everything I've read it sounds like there's no reason he shouldn't be pushing to be a first team regular by xmas

I think we must’ve read the same article. He sounds promising. 

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Very Nuneaton that four hours before a home

fixture they announce it will be played in Hinckley 

Very strange situation. Mixed rumours from safety access to the ground due to pot holes... floodlight issues... waterlogged pitch... ballifs locked us out. In other words no one as a clue... why not postpone? Why play at a neutral ground. More to this i think. Doubt many will travel over the boarder in nuneaton. Lots of anger especially season ticket holders.

Edited by Leicesterpool

That's the 2 worst teams I've seen at this level dispatched 15-0 in total.

I'll start to believe the corner has been turned if we pick up good wins in the next 3 winnable fixtures. As incredibly as it is to add 15 to the goal difference, I have not seen a gulf in class like this in a league game since we were in the MFA in 2008/2009. So the realist in me isn't getting too carried away just yet :D

Gonna miss the next two but looking forward to St Ives in a couple of weeks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

That's the 2 worst teams I've seen at this level dispatched 15-0 in total.

I'll start to believe the corner has been turned if we pick up good wins in the next 3 winnable fixtures. As incredibly as it is to add 15 to the goal difference, I have not seen a gulf in class like this in a league game since we were in the MFA in 2008/2009. So the realist in me isn't getting too carried away just yet :D

Gonna miss the next two but looking forward to St Ives in a couple of weeks.

Rushden were terrible when we played them away last season. I'd say on a par with Berkhamsted & Long Eaton.

We've only had one really poor half in the last 6 games away at Hitchin. I do think we look more solid and Pennant has made a significant difference since coming into the side.

5 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Rushden were terrible when we played them away last season. I'd say on a par with Berkhamsted & Long Eaton.

We've only had one really poor half in the last 6 games away at Hitchin. I do think we look more solid and Pennant has made a significant difference since coming into the side.

I missed Rushden tbf, I think while they were poor, that game was probably down to the fact they were playing a 3rd choice back 4 due to injuries and unavailable players.

Bedford were probably not far off either to be fair.

Just not used to teams giving us so much freedom on their half lol

Some really well taken goals in the past few games though. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Nuneaton evicted from their ground then. 

Jimmy throwing money on players but not paying the rent. Get the buckets out 

The Leicester Road lot will squeeze every penny they can out of them so that won’t last long. Expecting to seen Nuneaton Town AFC by the start of next season 

Jimmy no joke as been asking his mates to chant his name at home games few weekd. I was shown a text by one from Ginnelly basically saying "he was sick of negative supporters, ungrateful cause he saved the club, come down give me as much support as possible"... take note "me" not the "club or team. Any supporters who basically ask questions have been given abuse by either the Ginnelly family or mates. Fans had enough.. Ginnelly never saved the club he just added further debt and made it Ginnelly FC

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

I feel sorry for the fans of the club, once again they're the ones that will suffer when he leaves the club in bits.

Never should have left manor park for liberty way cursed stadium. Nuns rugby have been awkward every step off the way and finally they got their wish. Always asking for trouble when you dont own your ground.

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Never should have left manor park for liberty way cursed stadium. Nuns rugby have been awkward every step off the way and finally they got their wish. Always asking for trouble when you dont own your ground pay your rent.

Looks like new 'historical debt' has been uncovered from what I've seen on the Nuneaton forum.

Well, most of the players Leese bought in over the summer have been let go by Kettering today:

"O Shane Stewart and Gedeon Okita have both done well for us in the short time they were here, but with players ahead of them in their preferred positions we have agreed it is best for them to look to play elsewhere. I have also had a similar discussion with Josiah Bridgeman and he will not be involved with us moving forward. Harry Moors also needs playing time. He will move over to Thame United to do that and to continue his development. We will monitor Harry across the next month and see how he gets on. Kai O’Keefe has moved to Newport Pagnell Town, Charley Barker heads to Ipswich Wanderers, whilst James Carvell goes to Stafford Rangers. Elsewhere, Josiah Bridgeman and Freddie Moriarty also head off to gain first-team football."

Dynamo 2-1 up against Gresley and 3 points clear as it stands (although everyone’s played a different amount of games), Munn & McGugan going to Long Eaton and taking a bunch of our players on the Eve of the season couldn’t have gone better lol

11 goals in 14 games for Evan Garnett now, been quality this season

Edited by LCFCJoe96
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Daggers said:

Well, most of the players Leese bought in over the summer have been let go by Kettering today:

"O Shane Stewart and Gedeon Okita have both done well for us in the short time they were here, but with players ahead of them in their preferred positions we have agreed it is best for them to look to play elsewhere. I have also had a similar discussion with Josiah Bridgeman and he will not be involved with us moving forward. Harry Moors also needs playing time. He will move over to Thame United to do that and to continue his development. We will monitor Harry across the next month and see how he gets on. Kai O’Keefe has moved to Newport Pagnell Town, Charley Barker heads to Ipswich Wanderers, whilst James Carvell goes to Stafford Rangers. Elsewhere, Josiah Bridgeman and Freddie Moriarty also head off to gain first-team football."

Best decision Leese has made all season

2-3 away win will do for me, especially with that ref

1 hour ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Dynamo 2-1 up against Gresley and 3 points clear as it stands (although everyone’s played a different amount of games), Munn & McGugan going to Long Eaton and taking a bunch of our players on the Eve of the season couldn’t have gone better lol

11 goals in 14 games for Evan Garnett now, been quality this season

Harder than it should’ve been but two more late Garnett goals make it look better

• Like 1

On 26/10/2023 at 21:31, Gary Eatfood said:

Rent was being paid apparently on time. But typical Boro there's always summit else. That boost the budget was always asking for trouble and the players they brought on that so called budget all left the club in the summer... so that was pointless and a waste. 

Edited by Leicesterpool