Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

Just now, Daggers said:

Brave.

Another Leese masterclass on the cards.

Hence the beer request. I’ve listened to a lot of the games on you tube, which is the saddest sentence I’ve ever written on the internet, and the disorganisation is even apparent from there. Genuinely thought Leese would be gone by now.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Really? That’s a shame, hopefully Coalville beer is on par with Kettering. I’ve not been to Owen Street since I played there about 12/13 years ago.

I had a few decent Guinness down there last night.

There's a spoons in Coalville and Engineers Arms over the road but they're not the best. 

• Thanks 1

Only tend to segregate for games where they expect to sell over 1000 and have a decent away following, it's a rare thing.

Pub options are The Snibstone, Engine or Spoons. All 3 are a 5 minute walk from the ground.

If you want to watch one of the early kick offs, the engine tends to have both. 

Hoping I'm better by Saturday so I can get down and watch it.

Boro win again 5 out 5 now and with just goal difference keeping boro out of the play off positions ironic considering the issues off the field. League have just denied permission for the club to swap saturday's fixture against Alvechurch as an away fixture. Bound to happen. Ground share needs to be sorted asap till the end of the season, it's pretty certain Liberty Way is a no go zone any time soon.

Lack of communication from Nuneaton is staggering. Actively toting ‘last game ever’ without any explanation as to why. But there’s money to apparently pay the ground owner all arrears up front? I’d there’s that money available, there’s likely clubs who would be willing to groundshare to see out the season. 

Paying up to £900 a week for players, crowdfunding the budget last year, on target to catch up on arrears by December but kicked out the ground despite then offering to pay debt up front? Doesn’t all connect up and there’s clearly some porkies being told somewhere along the line. 

I know a lot of new phoenix clubs (and I imagine some smarter older clubs too) have it in their constitution/operating model not to take on debt except under very particular emergency circumstances. To be a traditionally non-league club and be in serious debt is absolutely bizarre, and it’s becoming more and more common even lower in the pyramid. It’s probably a worth cause to push for a non-debt movement in non-league below National League, but ambition and always fighting for an edge will make that a difficult reality I guess. 

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Lack of communication from Nuneaton is staggering. Actively toting ‘last game ever’ without any explanation as to why. But there’s money to apparently pay the ground owner all arrears up front? I’d there’s that money available, there’s likely clubs who would be willing to groundshare to see out the season. 

Paying up to £900 a week for players, crowdfunding the budget last year, on target to catch up on arrears by December but kicked out the ground despite then offering to pay debt up front? Doesn’t all connect up and there’s clearly some porkies being told somewhere along the line. 

I know a lot of new phoenix clubs (and I imagine some smarter older clubs too) have it in their constitution/operating model not to take on debt except under very particular emergency circumstances. To be a traditionally non-league club and be in serious debt is absolutely bizarre, and it’s becoming more and more common even lower in the pyramid. It’s probably a worth cause to push for a non-debt movement in non-league below National League, but ambition and always fighting for an edge will make that a difficult reality I guess. 

The “ last game ever “ with no explanation sounds like an attempt to get a big attendance down there.

Proper weirdo club are Nuneaton.

18 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

The “ last game ever “ with no explanation sounds like an attempt to get a big attendance down there.

Proper weirdo club are Nuneaton.

I’ve said it before on here but I’ve never seen a club been so consistently dodgy as Nuneaton. If they go bust this calendar years then it’d be the third iteration in 32 years. The last one went bust after a new owner found ‘financial irregularities’ after he bought them and this is looking to be more or less the same outcome 15 years later. I’ve known caterers and the like who have been leaned on to drop prices even after services rendered or have just had regular late payment. It goes on and on. 

That said the chairman who just stood down, Stuart Elliott, seems a decent bloke. Puts money into a few local clubs (including Hinckley) and he’s clearly taken the fall for other guilty parties seeing as he joined as chairman not all that long ago. If it is to go bust and the successor is not to be a supporter-owned club, they could do a lot worse than be led by him. 

• Like 1

Ginnelly claimed today some progress was made with the landlord with the stadium. However time is running out by Tuesday lunchtime it comes down to the league to decide. Boro without a ground looks bleak.

In terms of arrears the club chairman at then attempted to fund out of his own pocket but was denied by landlords at the time.

Over 450 attended Boro at Stratford to see there win 3-2. Not bad considering its a good 27 miles for a suppose home game.

Edited by Leicesterpool

7 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Nuneaton have announced they are going to play their next 2 games now.

It’s like the that last ever game thing was a load of bollocks …………

Mentioned in the replies to their Twitter post that the operating company of Nuneaton Borough had a debt of £750k at last accounts 

Edited by CosbehFox

Just now, goody2028 said:

What is the Stockport link? Saw quite a few on Twitter quoting Nuneaton’s post at the weekend. 

in 2019 last game of the season, Boro played Stockport. Boro were already relegated while Stockport needed a win to get promoted, on the day Boro gave Stockport 90% of the ground. Over 4,000 attended, Stockport have since been grateful. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

in 2019 last game of the season, Boro played Stockport. Boro were already relegated while Stockport needed a win to get promoted, on the day Boro gave Stockport 90% of the ground. Over 4,000 attended, Stockport have since been grateful. 

Decent that. Credit on trying to return the favour at the weekend then