Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

35 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Absolute garbage 

They turned up with a proper game plan based on who they were playing and totally did a job on a Coalville team who look uncoached and frankly clueless on the pitch

I've had enough of watching them twat the ball up to two small strikers, it's nonsense. 

The midfield is non existent, especially Doyle Charles who imo is not good enough. 

Overall it's not good enough

Should've changed shape to match them up. They didn't have any oustanding individuals, except for Adam Mills who was probably the best player on the pitch. They started fast, got the goal and then just made us run for most of the first half. As soon as we started to get a grip in the game they countered and carved us open again.

We were overan in midfield and outfought all across the pitch. Just making like-for-like substitutions shows how one-dimensional Stevo can be.

Tonight was as bad as Needham and Nuneaton. How many bad days can we have? There's no doubting the talent in the squad, but the application and game-plan is lacking far too often this season. To my mind, we've ground out one league win this season against Redditch at home. It's either feast or famine with us currently.

Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Time for change at Coalville? That’s a stinker of a result on paper alone as Sudbury haven’t looked up to the quality all season 

Sudbury were well-drilled tonight, passed the ball well and defended robustly.. Adam Mills is an excellent signing for them.

It's hard to argue against Stevo's record - league finishes have improved every season. However, his decision making at vital moments seems lacking. The GK situation at the start of this season was farcical and cost us. We haven't brought in a a genuine box-to-box midfielder to replace George Wilson, and the substitutions at times are baffling, or too late to have a meaningful impact.

I wouldn't say a change is needed, but we can't afford any more performances and results like tonight.

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Time for change at Coalville? That’s a stinker of a result on paper alone as Sudbury haven’t looked up to the quality all season 

It was time at the end of last season imo, he’s to loyal to players who aren’t performing and tactically clueless.

Got to credit Sudbury though though they were good 

7 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Sudbury were well-drilled tonight, passed the ball well and defended robustly.. Adam Mills is an excellent signing for them.

It's hard to argue against Stevo's record - league finishes have improved every season. However, his decision making at vital moments seems lacking. The GK situation at the start of this season was farcical and cost us. We haven't brought in a a genuine box-to-box midfielder to replace George Wilson, and the substitutions at times are baffling, or too late to have a meaningful impact.

I wouldn't say a change is needed, but we can't afford any more performances and results like tonight.

I don’t think it is that hard to argue against, any decent manager would of win the League with last year’s squad.

There will be more performances and results like last night, change is needed.

11 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

I don’t think it is that hard to argue against, any decent manager would of win the League with last year’s squad.

There will be more performances and results like last night, change is needed.

Maybe, but we lost the league title on goal difference to a team that's now top of the National League North. Maybe a better manager would've got us over the line, and if Andy Peaks had been at Coalville, we may well have won the league. If you get rid of Stevo, who do you bring in?

Just now, Gary Eatfood said:

Maybe, but we lost the league title on goal difference to a team that's now top of the National League North. Maybe a better manager would've got us over the line, and if Andy Peaks had been at Coalville, we may well have won the league. If you get rid of Stevo, who do you bring in?

Andy Leese is looking for work, @Daggers speaks very highly of him :ph34r:

Just now, Gary Eatfood said:

Andy Leese is looking for work, @Daggers speaks very highly of him :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It’s difficult as I don’t know what sort of budget we have for a manager but I’d be looking at someone who has been in the pro game who has got contacts. Like Needham Market have with Kevin Horlock.

Micheal Doyle lives locally and was available in the summer but he’s got a job in the academy at Portsmouth now. 

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

It’s difficult as I don’t know what sort of budget we have for a manager but I’d be looking at someone who has been in the pro game who has got contacts. Like Needham Market have with Kevin Horlock.

Micheal Doyle lives locally and was available in the summer but he’s got a job in the academy at Portsmouth now. 

But Michael Doyle has never played at the level and maybe had no intention to manage in non-league. Most ex-pros want to stay within the professional environment.

I know he's just an example, but last season Kevin Horlock managed a respectable 17th place finish. If we're just after ex-pros with contacts who have lived and played in the area we'll end up with Tim Flowers.

The club did try to get some players on loan from Leicester in the summer but the wages were just too high. On a positive note, Ben Hart will be back at some point next month and will make a difference.

9 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

But Michael Doyle has never played at the level and maybe had no intention to manage in non-league. Most ex-pros want to stay within the professional environment.

I know he's just an example, but last season Kevin Horlock managed a respectable 17th place finish. If we're just after ex-pros with contacts who have lived and played in the area we'll end up with Tim Flowers.

The club did try to get some players on loan from Leicester in the summer but the wages were just too high. On a positive note, Ben Hart will be back at some point next month and will make a difference.

Doyle may have not wanted it, I was just using him as an example. I don’t think not having played at the level makes any difference, I don’t think Horlock, Whing or Eadie have but were all happy to manage in this league.

I have always rated Needham Market under Horlock, always a tough opponent. They may well have a poor finish last season but they were just lacking a goal scorer. Could well win it this season.

There are bound to be players recently retired from the game who would fancy the job. I don’t think Tim Flowers would be the only option.

Hart will be a big boost, when he’s back !

23 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Nuneaton Boro have been taken over by an investment company. Positive news for once... jim Ginnelly staying on as chairman. One the new owners used to work as a director at Hull City. But still no news on the stadium...

You would think the takeover is contigent on Nuneaton being allowed back in to LW.