Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I heard harborough town are paying that.:o

I dont know why non league clubs feel they say pay players alot. Clubs budget is tight then your forking out 1k a week on players, plus most of them have got full time jobs so its not like its there only job. Like stenson would have been on 4k a month so he probably didnt need a full time job.

Dont sit right when theres volunteers at the club earning nothing yet players are getting paid that.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Thinking that Stenson was on 1k a week but if hes took that 50% pay cut than that £500 a week is more than what some others pay this level.

Kyle Storer what im told is not paid by the club, a sponsor is apparently funding his wages in exchange for sponsorship.

Yeah it's not a surprise the landlord got annoyed. Particularly given that's illegal, so the money must be going into the club, ignore your debt, pay your player. 

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

Luckily that's probably still more they'd get elsewhere ;) :D 

Really hoping Coalville can start to chain 4 or 5 wins together. We actually defended well on Saturday and looked like we were trying not to concede so that's giving me hope. We're playing a lot of top half teams in the next couple of months, so basically getting into the play off spots is well in our hands.

Certainly more then they'd be paid at Coalville.

I've been waiting for the 4/5 game winning streak all season. We took 4/12 points through November, which makes an already tough December even harder and more crucial to our season.

13 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Certainly more then they'd be paid at Coalville.

I've been waiting for the 4/5 game winning streak all season. We took 4/12 points through November, which makes an already tough December even harder and more crucial to our season.

I think ironically playing teams above us will be a benefit. Even unconsciously we'll pay the other teams more respect, usually when we do that we generally look better, unless the other team genuinely outclasses us. 

December and January will make us a break us. Last year it made us, so hoping for more of the same :D

On 29/11/2023 at 18:33, filbertway said:

I think ironically playing teams above us will be a benefit. Even unconsciously we'll pay the other teams more respect, usually when we do that we generally look better, unless the other team genuinely outclasses us. 

December and January will make us a break us. Last year it made us, so hoping for more of the same :D

We were excellent 2nd half of last season up until the last 3/4 games when the nerves kicked in.

After 17 games last season we'd amassed 9 wins, 5 draws and 32 points. We're only 1 win and 7 points worse off this season, but unfortunately the standard of teams in the league is higher. We need to average 2 points p/game over December to stay in touch and not leave ourselves a real mountain to climb.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2023 at 13:22, Leicesterpool said:

I dont know why non league clubs feel they say pay players alot. Clubs budget is tight then your forking out 1k a week on players, plus most of them have got full time jobs so its not like its there only job. Like stenson would have been on 4k a month so he probably didnt need a full time job.

Dont sit right when theres volunteers at the club earning nothing yet players are getting paid that.

From a personal point of view,  most coaches at grass roots level, if not all, get into coaching because their child/children play sport. I know l did, money never crossed my mind. 

All bar & catering staff at Harborough Town are paid.....a

mute point, maybe.

I agree that the money supposedly being paid to the adult player's is outrageous......but football on the whole is so out of touch with the real world, whether your Kevin De Bruyne at Man City, or Joe Bloggs at Bognor Town.

8 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Coventry the latest venue on Nuneaton’s tour of local football grounds 

What’s going on there now, have those new owners gone already and Ginnelly back in charge ?

Surely got the league have got to make them find a ground for the rest of the season soon, can’t keep going round with the begging bowl to see who will host them on a weekly basis.

57 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

What’s going on there now, have those new owners gone already and Ginnelly back in charge ?

Surely got the league have got to make them find a ground for the rest of the season soon, can’t keep going round with the begging bowl to see who will host them on a weekly basis.

Yep, apparently so. 

3 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Max Brogan. 

And he ended up replacing arguably our best cm as the wheels came off :D

Opted to watch Leicester today so missing the game. Poor choice on my part i think haha. Hoping for another solid performance 

Has hutchins left the club or is he injured? Not seen him about or heard about him

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, filbertway said:

And he ended up replacing arguably our best cm as the wheels came off :D

Opted to watch Leicester today so missing the game. Poor choice on my part i think haha. Hoping for another solid performance 

Has hutchins left the club or is he injured? Not seen him about or heard about him

I heard Hutchins was ill, wouldn’t be surprised if he does go though. Must be mad or very well paid to keep coming up from London to sit in the bench.