Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Looks bleak 296 just in attendance. The vice chairman was leaving the ground and was asked to do interview with the local paper and said "i aint got anything to say, it is what it is" 

Which is going to happen. Playing home games away from your hometown on Friday night or Sunday afternoon isn’t sustainable. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Which is going to happen. Playing home games away from your hometown on Friday night or Sunday afternoon isn’t sustainable. 

For me the move to Barwell was the worse solution cause now we won't have a Saturday home for the rest of the season and fans won't up for that. 296 against Telford where other seasons this would be the biggest gate of the season. Club stuck in a mess. Way things going we wont finish the season.

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Northern Mids Div looking very Leics dominated 

Harborough beat Corby 4-3 at weekend

1. Harborough 17 38

2. Spalding 18 37

3. Lye 20 37

4. Anstey 17 36

5. Loughborough 16 34

6. Hinckley LR 19 34

7. Quorn 17 28

Big game this coming Saturday . Harborough v Anstey. 

No Boxing Day game for Nuneaton. Can’t agree a different kick off time or day. Shambles Borough FC. Going to affect the integrity of the division when they are playing three games a week. 

I look at Hednesford who’ve been through a right period of similarity but they’ve altered their budget etc to keep them running 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

No Boxing Day game for Nuneaton. Can’t agree a different kick off time or day. Shambles Borough FC. Going to affect the integrity of the division when they are playing three games a week. 

I look at Hednesford who’ve been through a right period of similarity but they’ve altered their budget etc to keep them running 

Can’t believe the league agreed to this Barwell ground share. It’s not workable.

39 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Me too, but no pitch inspection planned.

Weather looks alright for the rest of the day but I'd expect it to be an absolute swamp.

Gonna be so annoyed if we travel there and its called off lol

Looking forward to checking off a new ground, its been a while

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Game off. At least the ref had the balls to make the decision haha.

I think there was more rain last night than the previous Tuesday. 9th Jan looks like the next available date unless it gets switched to Coalville for tomorrow. The Wealdstone/Billericay was switched earlier today after a third postponement. 

13 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

As opposed to them trouncing clubs with players they shouldn’t be able to afford with one match a week?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Can’t believe the league agreed to this Barwell ground share. It’s not workable.

Makes little sense, plus Barwell isn't exactly greatest places to get in midweek. I think they tried all over but beyond what Boro can afford. Leicester Road wanted 1k, Rugby Town from what I'm told originally agreed £300 a match but then changed there mind started quoted more. Bedworth Utd's ground doesn't meet league criteria though they were in this level less than two years ago. Burton, Stratford and Leamington too far. 

Talk of another takeover now, this time more local businessman who apparently whose already been connected to the footballer club? However i think it's pointless taking over this club or even reforming this club if were not playing in the town. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

16 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Should be switched to Coalville tomorrow if the pitch is playable, which I suspect it will be.

Don’t want anymore league games cancelling for this competition 

Moved to January 2nd and switched to Coalville, meaning the Mickleover game is now cancelled :(