Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

16 hours ago, Daggers said:

Texan pulled pork burger van 10-0 KTFC burger counter

The only real highlight from a match where we completely failed to capitalise on outrunning the fattest CB in the division. Woeful. 

Did Luca Miller play? I liked him whilst on loan at Harborough but perhaps a bit lightweight. 

1 hour ago, Seventyseven said:

Did Luca Miller play? I liked him whilst on loan at Harborough but perhaps a bit lightweight. 

Luca is the one single decent thing about matches (not including the new Texan pork van). If something good happens, he was part of it. 

4 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

2-1 win for Loughborough Dynamo yesterday, unbeaten in the league since August 22nd.

Expect that changes with Anstey & Harborough coming up in the next 2/3 weeks but we’re on for our best ever season and a real shot at the playoffs.

Think all the clubs you mention are on for best ever season. Harborough certainly are. 

A shame only 126 at Loughborough yesterday 

15 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

Think all the clubs you mention are on for best ever season. Harborough certainly are. 

A shame only 126 at Loughborough yesterday 

Yeah it's always a struggle to get numbers down there outside of the Shepshed Dynamo game unfortunately (New Year's Day this year so should be a good one, shame City are at home at the same time mind).

Hopefully the results continue and the attendances go up.

Edited by LCFCJoe96
  • Like 1

Good win for Hinckley away at Ingles, they’re a good team and well organised so a great away result there. 

Droitwich and Allscott dropping points as well means some distance is opening up, even if others teams have games on us. There’s a comfortable run of games between now and March for us to go into the run-in in a commanding position. For now though a very good Christmas top!

On 23/12/2023 at 00:01, Leicesterpool said:

Kings Lynn Town in trouble now apparently another club that could fold. They only reformed i think 2011. Another club chasing the dream and not learning from mistakes.

There were some good Boxing Day crowds.

Eynesbury Rovers v St Neots Town  (United Counties League, Premier Division South - "level 5").    793 turned up for this local derby.   Eynesbury's league crowd the week before had been 107.

*** Edited to say ***

It pushed up Eynesbury's average attendance from 123 to 197.   That's quite some rise at the half way point in a season, from a single match!

Edited by worth_the_wait

Hope the game was good, I'm from Shepshed but now live in West Northants.

Just like you I went to watch the non-league today and it was the local derby between Brackley v Banbury this afternoon instead of Leicester.  

Great trip out as always, 3-1 Brackley and 1441 in attendance doubled the average crowd this season.

Some great end to end football and a pretty decent atmosphere too

6 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Giving City a miss today and doing the Loughborough-Shepshed Dynamo derby instead, hopefully start the year with a bang!

5 hours ago, FoxesFan#1 said:

Hope the game was good, I'm from Shepshed but now live in West Northants.

Just like you I went to watch the non-league today and it was the local derby between Brackley v Banbury this afternoon instead of Leicester.  

Great trip out as always, 3-1 Brackley and 1441 in attendance doubled the average crowd this season.

Some great end to end football and a pretty decent atmosphere too

1-1 draw, Loughborough hitting the bar last minute but a fair result, really competitive and still unbeaten at home in the league, happy enough with that. Nice to get a few more down the ground as well, including a Dynamo Dresden fan!

Edited by LCFCJoe96
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

1-1 draw, Loughborough hitting the bar last minute but a fair result, really competitive and still unbeaten in the league, happy enough with that. Nice to get a few more down the ground as well, including a Dynamo Dresden fan!

That’s a great effort from the Dynamo Dresden fan watching two teams with Dynamo in their name too!

When I come home one weekend I need to get to a local game either Loughborough or Shepshed.

The last Shepshed game I watched was probably 35 years ago as a kid, they beat Derby in a preseason friendly by quite some margin I remember!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Looking at today's weather forecast it looks like the Walsall Wood game is going to be postponed again and another league fixture lost.

1pm pitch inspection so that will definitely off. Absolutely chucking it down in coalville at the moment.