Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

Went Sherwood Colliery v Melton yesterday - 1st v 3rd - UCL north / step 5. 

Pitch was a pudding but I tell you what both teams played relatively well. Melton tried to play too much football on it. Colliery won 3-0, worthy of the win but the scoreline harsh on the Pork Pie boys 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

His form took a dip around the end of November, and yeah, Stevo hardly needs much of an excuse to replace him with Shaw.

It doesn't look like we'll see much more of Ash Chambers this season. He's been struggling with injury for almost a year now. I've heard we're after a target man.

I wouldn’t be against moving Chambers on, been off it since the end of last season. Target forward would be good, as all our strikers are very similar.

• Like 1

My main worry would be signing a keeper that doesn't mean we have to score at least 2 goals for a point most games.

Reminds me of us playing Ward last season, we'll struggle to maintain any rhythn while we need to score 2 or 3 goals a game. Frustrating that we've got collectively the best attack in the league but being massively let down by a keeping and defending that would have you fighting relegation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

My main worry would be signing a keeper that doesn't mean we have to score at least 2 goals for a point most games.

Reminds me of us playing Ward last season, we'll struggle to maintain any rhythn while we need to score 2 or 3 goals a game. Frustrating that we've got collectively the best attack in the league but being massively let down by a keeping and defending that would have you fighting relegation.

Look at Whitey's participation for their third goal. We concede so many goals from set-pieces and rarely threaten with our own. If only goals scored from open play counted,  we'd be a lot closer to the top.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Look at Whitey's participation for their third goal. We concede so many goals from set-pieces and rarely threaten with our own. If only goals scored from open play counted,  we'd be a lot closer to the top.

It's insane, Stevo really needs to find a seasoned replacement. Like you say, if we can cut out mistakes and stop looking like we will concede every time a team crosses the ball the wins would be flowing. Even the first one, a semi commanding keeper deals with that one of the 2 or 3 times it loops up next to him.

Lovely stuff from Timmy and especially TP. Should see TP back in the starting line up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's insane, Stevo really needs to find a seasoned replacement. Like you say, if we can cut out mistakes and stop looking like we will concede every time a team crosses the ball the wins would be flowing. Even the first one, a semi commanding keeper deals with that one of the 2 or 3 times it loops up next to him.

Lovely stuff from Timmy and especially TP. Should see TP back in the starting line up.

The build up play between Tim, Gooch and Putty for the second goal is excellent.

It wasnt just the goals. He dropped about 3/4 clangers in the game that didn't cost us. It's a pity Dean Snedker received a 4-year ban for betting breaches.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

What a goal Pennants 2nd is.

White is poor, no better than Laban IMO. Definitely need to upgrade that area.

I don't see why Jake was dropped. I thought he did well and his kicking is superior to White's.

9 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I don't see why Jake was dropped. I thought he did well and his kicking is superior to White's.

Another example of the manager selecting his favourites rather than the best players.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Depends if they can afford him, manager walks they all jump ship.

McManus has gone too. There were rumours at Redditch on Saturday that a few players had walked out after Friday's game.

I'd take Lita at Coalville for the rest of this season, but as you say, his wages will probably be too high.

Normally a lot of ex Boro players end up at either Bromsgrove Supporting or Stourbridge. Sometimes occasionally Stratford Town, however Lita has already been there and left under a cloud, I think he joined for about four or fives games then left them for Hednesford Town. Wasn't exactly well received by Stratford Town. 

17 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

McManus has gone too. There were rumours at Redditch on Saturday that a few players had walked out after Friday's game.

I'd take Lita at Coalville for the rest of this season, but as you say, his wages will probably be too high.

Looks like both may have signed for Coalville. Nothing official yet. 
https://southern-football-league.co.uk/players/CoalvilleTown/2023/2024/2297/P/Position/

24 minutes ago, adam said:

I heard the other night that 2 signings were close. A centre half and a striker so could well be those 2.

It certainly looks like it. The first game they’ll be available if we win tonight…Nuneaton at home. 

If the budget is there for these two and we've not looked for a Whitey replacement then I don't think it matters what we do with the outfield. Unless we can get to the point where we stop the opposition shooting on target like we managed last season :D 

I hope Lita isn't on much, he's no better than Berridge or Cook. Hopefully he can bring a bit of steel and pride in performance to the changing room if anything.

47 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It certainly looks like it. The first game they’ll be available if we win tonight…Nuneaton at home. 

Most arent happy with time of exit, soon as manager leaves they walk too. Lita probably will be good one off the wage bill. Mcmanus ive been told wanted to leave in the summer but was talked out by JG. In fact he was offered to join Coalville then. 

55 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If the budget is there for these two and we've not looked for a Whitey replacement then I don't think it matters what we do with the outfield. Unless we can get to the point where we stop the opposition shooting on target like we managed last season :D 

I hope Lita isn't on much, he's no better than Berridge or Cook. Hopefully he can bring a bit of steel and pride in performance to the changing room if anything.

I bet Whitey is on a decent contract, probably can’t justify paying 2 goalkeepers big wages. Plus Stevo obviously rates him anyway, fingers crossed we move him on in the summer.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

He’ll give us something we don’t have. A forward who can hold the ball up and compete in the air. I don’t think we’ll have broken the wage structure for him. 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

„“““ Sorry““.  

Just out of interest, from those that follow in detail..

are there any players around in these leagues

that went through the Vardy Academy…??

Danny Newton at Brackley Town is one. He got a contract at Stevenage after being in the academy and has slowly worked his way back down the pyramid since. 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

„“““ Sorry““.  

Just out of interest, from those that follow in detail..

are there any players around in these leagues

that went through the Vardy Academy…??

Some of them were already established players Elliott DUrrell bein gone