Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

Quite a few “ upsets “ in the trophy today, most sides don’t seem to be bothered about it.

Coalville could go a few rounds further this year, would prefer them to sort out the league form and have a run into the playoffs personally.

9 hours ago, Seventyseven said:

It’s far less tribal and the make up of fans represent many clubs which isn’t a bad thing. You don’t quite get the same buzz but it doesn’t take long to get into it.

Pricing is excellent and the games are enjoyable. And the little things like parking outside and being able to easily get to the facilities are great too.

Non league attendance are on the up but I’m still surprised more don’t go. Anyone unsure just get to your local side and you will enjoy it.

Harborough v Shepshed for me later. 

100% agree,  I was at Brackley Town’s magnificent 2-0 win over Scunthorpe United this afternoon

To think they were in the Championship ten years or so ago and now they’re in the National League North is some fall from grace.  

Scunny looked like they were going to dominate the game from the off but it soon settled and Brackley scored a couple of quick goals after the break.

My wife is from the Greater Scunthorpe region so I do wish them success. 

A few other big teams in our league too like Hereford, Chester, Darlington etc 

£15 to get in is fair but not overly cheap nor expensive, £4 a pint and an attendance of 1008 with 250 Scunny fans included in that figure.

Parking gets a little tight for crowds of 1000+ but for 650 crowds which is the norm for typical games it leaves no issues at all.

Hope you enjoyed your game?

I grew up in Shepshed so look out for their results occasionally.

My enjoyment in football was re-kindled in 2020 when I went to my first game at Brackley and enjoy it so much more than heading home to Leicester games now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Moneybags Spalding thrashed I see

5-0 at home to Anstey.

Conrad Logan's played in virtually every game for Nomads. 

He got a bit of grief at Harborough (regarding, you guessed it.......his waistline !).

He had the last laugh & gave it back with interest, as Anstey eventually won.

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

5-0 at home to Anstey.

Conrad Logan's played in virtually every game for Nomads. 

He got a bit of grief at Harborough (regarding, you guessed it.......his waistline !).

He had the last laugh & gave it back with interest, as Anstey eventually won.

Looks like he was injured on 20 minutes and a sub goalie went in goal

Assistant manager sent off as well for Spalding lollollol

Edited by Tuna

5 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Quite a few “ upsets “ in the trophy today, most sides don’t seem to be bothered about it.

Coalville could go a few rounds further this year, would prefer them to sort out the league form and have a run into the playoffs personally.

If it was a choice between seeing Coalville in the Trophy final at Wembley (very unlikely I know), or seeing us play at the Don Amott Arena in a play-off semi-final, I'm picking a walk down Olympic Way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

If it was a choice between seeing Coalville in the Trophy final at Wembley (very unlikely I know), or seeing us play at the Don Amott Arena in a play-off semi-final, I'm picking a walk down Olympic Way.

TBH both scenarios are very unlikely. I’d take success in the league every time.

14 hours ago, FoxesFan#1 said:

100% agree,  I was at Brackley Town’s magnificent 2-0 win over Scunthorpe United this afternoon

To think they were in the Championship ten years or so ago and now they’re in the National League North is some fall from grace.  

Scunny looked like they were going to dominate the game from the off but it soon settled and Brackley scored a couple of quick goals after the break.

£15 to get in is fair but not overly cheap nor expensive, £4 a pint and an attendance of 1008 with 250 Scunny fans included in that figure.

Parking gets a little tight for crowds of 1000+ but for 650 crowds which is the norm for typical games it leaves no issues at all.

My enjoyment in football was re-kindled in 2020 when I went to my first game at Brackley and enjoy it so much more than heading home to Leicester games now.

Sounds great and well worth it. Guess the prices creep up the higher you go. £10 at most clubs at step 4 (and harborough often wave my 7 year old through))

It was a very enjoyable 4-0 win, could have easily been 8. Shepshed got nowhere near Harboroigh to be honest. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

TBH both scenarios are very unlikely. I’d take success in the league every time.

7 unbeaten now in all comps and we're yet to string together a significant run of wins. It's a very competitive league with a lot of games left.

Redditch were joint top two games ago and now they're 5 points off it. It can turnaround very quickly.

35 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

7 unbeaten now in all comps and we're yet to string together a significant run of wins. It's a very competitive league with a lot of games left.

Redditch were joint top two games ago and now they're 5 points off it. It can turnaround very quickly.

The signings of McManus and Lita will help massively with the fixture pile up in the next few months. Hopefully Hart is close to a return soon as well. 

If the squad is managed correctly then there’s no reason we can’t compete in both competitions. Stevo doesn’t like rotating though.

Our squad should definitely be making the playoffs in that league, there’s a few decent sides but none who I would be worried about playing in the playoffs.

• Like 2

Boro first game with new manager Kyle Storer in charge ended in a 0-3 defeat at St Ives Town. No surprise really with the amount of exits this think about five players left, six players from the academy needed to be drifted in. The club got on embargo as well now so replacing players not going to be easy. All i can say is the eight game winning run we had between October and Mid December, may have just have secured enough points to avoid relegation, but we will still exist come next season anyway.

Apparently some positive news may come out this week. 

On 13/01/2024 at 18:39, FoxesFan#1 said:

Drove past the Brackley next home game sign on the A43 last week.Had to do a double take when it read v Scunthorpe,even though I know both teams are NLN.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2024 at 18:39, FoxesFan#1 said:

All fine and well for all of you as you get to see a) matches played at home and b) wins now and then.

I picked Kettering for my first non-league season and it has been completely shit and is getting shitter by the match. On the rare occasion we play at home on a Saturday we seem to forget everything you’d expect a player to know about the game. It’s become truly woeful.

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Bishop’s Stortford away for Coalville - winnable that  

They are hopeless and I don't know how they thrashed Aldershot

Chopping and changing the team all season as well

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Looking forward to having feet like blocks of ice tonight down Owen St 

It's been sub zero since yesterday lunch time so imagine it'll be very touch and go for tonight.

Definitely a 2 pairs of socks fixture though if it does go ahead haha.

If it goes ahead, considering how weak Nuneaton are this should be 3 points tonight, no excuses.

• Like 1