Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's been sub zero since yesterday lunch time so imagine it'll be very touch and go for tonight.

Definitely a 2 pairs of socks fixture though if it does go ahead haha.

If it goes ahead, considering how weak Nuneaton are this should be 3 points tonight, no excuses.

I think the sun being on the pitch all day will do the job. 

Yes I'm hoping for a strong performance against these. 

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Fa trophy at Wembley is epic experience but terms of finances it isnt great think the prize money is only like 70k

Fairly substantial for anyone below the national league though

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Fa trophy at Wembley is epic experience but terms of finances it isnt great think the prize money is only like 70k

Yeah financially it’s really poor. Can see why most clubs aren’t interested in it. 

I think it’s only £6000  if Coalville beat Bishop Stortford.

52 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Fairly substantial for anyone below the national league though

still peanuts really... considering Fa Cup is like £50million.  Plus the clubs that win the Fa Cup tend to not need the money.

I do think if the prize money was to say a million pound a winner the competition would be took seriously.

14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

still peanuts really... considering Fa Cup is like £50million.  Plus the clubs that win the Fa Cup tend to not need the money.

I do think if the prize money was to say a million pound a winner the competition would be took seriously.

True

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Strange a week ago this would have been tight affair, but with four or five exits its all changed.

Yeah it's odd how quickly things can change. I see struggling Rushden have lost 3 players, including their player of the season so far, today.

29 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Interesting scenario in National North 

Tamworth are eight clear of SCunthorpe, albeit Scunny have a game in hand. 

In their next ten games, every team they play is in the top half! 

The top 2 meet at Scunny this Saturday. If Tamworth avoid defeat then they have a great chance at back-to-back titles.

29 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

This won’t be the last game that’s rearranged 

Probably not, but after 23 games last season we were 5/6 games behind. This season we’ve played 3 fewer cup matches. If being in the semifinals of the Trophy means Kettering away on a Thursday, I’ll be ok with that. 

20 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

We should be fine. There's 3 games to rearrange and lots of spare Tuesday's between now and April.

I think it was fixture pile that they had last season affected there title challenge. I seem to recall they played two of the bottom three in the last run up and failed to win. Come the play offs they ran out of steam.

Still gets me how Rushall got promoted, they only won one 1 of their last six. They were in terrible form going into play offs. In fact come the play offs they failed to win in playing time in both games. Came down to pens both times.

32 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think it was fixture pile that they had last season affected there title challenge. I seem to recall they played two of the bottom three in the last run up and failed to win. Come the play offs they ran out of steam.

Still gets me how Rushall got promoted, they only won one 1 of their last six. They were in terrible form going into play offs. In fact come the play offs they failed to win in playing time in both games. Came down to pens both times.

We lost our nerve when it mattered. Even with a congested schedule we still should’ve got the required points. Rushall deserved to go through against us and should’ve won it in the 90 minutes and ET.

What are the views on 3G pitches? How cost effective is it to install? The amount of matches called off at the moment will lead to some serious pile-ups in the next couple of months. Some games I know have been postponed multiple times.

Stevos teams have lost every play off semi final with us and blown 3 situations where we've been favourites to win the league.

One thing his teams have always lacked is the ability to see thing over the line.

I think the only time we've shown up in a high pressure game was the King Lynn semis in the vase.

It may suit us this season coming up in thr chasing pack rather than leading from the front.

Gutted I'm gonna miss bishops Stortford, got prior plans in Nottingham. Could have probably made it had it been at home 

Very good chance of progression and a potential quarter final appearance though!

Hopefully we can pick up some wins and carry on this unbeaten run in the meantime. Starting with a benbow-less Stourbridge on Saturday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

What are the views on 3G pitches? How cost effective is it to install? The amount of matches called off at the moment will lead to some serious pile-ups in the next couple of months. Some games I know have been postponed multiple times.

More than the cancellation, rearranged fixtures entail lower attendances on a weekday night. The Poppies have lost hand over fist due to a grass pitch and will file a loss this season because of it. 

St.Ives have a cracking system going where they maximise pitch usage and generate badly needed funds. 

Rather than paying for more shite players, non-league needs to shift to all out astro. 

End seems near for nuneaton borough. Apparently the interested new owners cant seem to agree a deal to buy the ground back. The landlords Apparently is prepared to listen to offers... but for some reason not to Boro. Assistant as now resigned. People may laugh but sad for a lot of loyal supporters ones who have been devoted there life to the club. For some it is great for the wellbeing and mental health. A reformed club looks pointless considering theres no ground to play at Nuneaton. Nuneaton Griff looking to be soon the only club in town.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

More than the cancellation, rearranged fixtures entail lower attendances on a weekday night. The Poppies have lost hand over fist due to a grass pitch and will file a loss this season because of it. 

St.Ives have a cracking system going where they maximise pitch usage and generate badly needed funds. 

Rather than paying for more shite players, non-league needs to shift to all out astro. 

And then have to rip the entire thing up if they get promoted. 

Obviously not an issue for Kettering currently 

• Haha 2