Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

It will be off if the decision is being made at 11.15. Needs to be done around 2 to give the game a chance of being on.

I know they don’t want Stourbridge to travel unnecessarily but trying to get the game on should come 1st.

That's a bit silly, if it's not playable at 11 it's not playable at 2, it's not going to get much warmer in 3 hours. Making Stourbridge travel over on a coach (which they don't magically get refunded for if it's off btw) would be a dick move. 

6 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

That's a bit silly, if it's not playable at 11 it's not playable at 2, it's not going to get much warmer in 3 hours. Making Stourbridge travel over on a coach (which they don't magically get refunded for if it's off btw) would be a dick move. 

Call it off now then ?

Another £4000 loss for the club. We’re on target to have fewer than ten home matches on a Saturday this season due to rain and cold. 

Still, might finally have an owner soon who’ll be able to afford a pitch cover at the very least. 

IMG_4729.jpeg.f84a444694682eec7616f1a77c9122de.jpeg

• Like 1

Nuneaton Griff lost 1-2 to Shawbury Town, average attendance usually around 30-50 mark. Today 180 attended.. signs that a few Boro fans attended. Griff offering to honour Boro season tickets holders, also Leamington offering entrance to Boro season ticket holders also great gesture.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Telford have signed the Nuneaton manager today.

I fancy us to turn them over tonight, gutted it’s not on a Saturday.

We had hotels booked and were looking to make a day of it till the FA Trophy got in the way. Will try again with Sudbury away as that looks have a decent collection of pubs

I really don't fear any team in this league, if we get beat I generally feel like it's down to us not performing rather than the other team outplaying us. The only team that has genuinely been better than us in this division is Banbury.  At a push Peterborough Sports when they pumped up their squad with players instead of paying their tax bill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Telford have signed the Nuneaton manager today.

I fancy us to turn them over tonight, gutted it’s not on a Saturday.

Sadly for Telford, the kyle storer theyve signed is not same one from solihull moors. Was way past his best from boro from what i seen, even though he dropped three levels for boro. Be surprised if hes a regular starter at the bucks.

Reminded me of the Leicester Ipswich game tonight. 

Telford probably should have gone into half time 2 or 3 up. Coalville came out more aggressive second half and looked much the better team and get a deserved equaliser.

Whitey and the defence did fantastically considering the conditions.

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Telford probably should have gone into half time 2 or 3 up. Coalville came out more aggressive second half and looked much the better team and get a deserved equaliser.

Decent point, sounds like a fair result.

38 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Whitey saved us twice in the first half. That's two consecutive competent performances from him - maybe things are turning? It was important not to lose tonight with Telford losing 4 points from Nuneaton resigning from the league.

3 big games between now and the Trophy which could define whether we make a play-off push or languish in mid-table.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Whitey saved us twice in the first half. That's two consecutive competent performances from him - maybe things are turning? It was important not to lose tonight with Telford losing 4 points from Nuneaton resigning from the league.

3 big games between now and the Trophy which could define whether we make a play-off push or languish in mid-table.

Yep a few more and maybe I can stop dreading the ball going near our goal haha

It is very tight above us, so a good run could see us in there. Weve just struggled to put the wins together so far. Surely at some point we will put a 4 or 5 winning streak together.

Was a weird one tonight not being able to congregate behind the goal, didnt manage to see too many coalville faces.

Just now, filbertway said:

Yep a few more and maybe I can stop dreading the ball going near our goal haha

It is very tight above us, so a good run could see us in there. Weve just struggled to put the wins together so far. Surely at some point we will put a 4 or 5 winning streak together.

Was a weird one tonight not being able to congregate behind the goal, didnt manage to see too many coalville faces.

I'm holding out for the 4/5 game winning run to catapult us as the league is so competitive this season - look at St Ives at Mickleover.

If we can have a consistent second half of the season I think we'll make the top 5, but at who's expense is impossible to predict.

I think I counted about 10-15 Coalville fans there tonight. Weird rules pertaining to drinking alcohol at Telford too.

Looking at that Coalville squad last night I genuinely believe it will be the biggest failure so far if they don't go up. 

Tyrell on the bench again, saves us again. 

Glad York is getting some game time though because every time I've seen him he's been much better than what he replaced. 

Despite having 100 strikers they are still all very similar. Do we think Leroy will be happy to just sit on the bench? 

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Looking at that Coalville squad last night I genuinely believe it will be the biggest failure so far if they don't go up. 

Tyrell on the bench again, saves us again. 

Glad York is getting some game time though because every time I've seen him he's been much better than what he replaced. 

Despite having 100 strikers they are still all very similar. Do we think Leroy will be happy to just sit on the bench? 

I think Lita and Berridge will be 1st choice front 2

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Jake Laban is at Anstey Nomads now - replacement for Logan 

Fair play, hope he does well. We're probably weird in that we've got one of the weaker first choice and stronger second choice keepers in the league haha.

I couldn't help chuckle at Leroy Lita being labelled a target man when he embraced Chambo and was a good inch shorter lol