Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

28 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

Ian King appointed Coalville manager, really promising appointment, has done a good job at Barwell & from the limited games I have seen them had them playing an attractive style of football. Excited to see how it goes. 

His Barwell team has always been a difficult side to face in the few games we've played, especially at Kirkby Road.

Maybe this means Brady Hickey & Beck-Ray might follow too? It might also mean the end of a couple of long-term servants to Coalville.

• Like 2

On 05/02/2024 at 12:04, filbertway said:

I assume Glynn and Jimmy are probably friends, similar ages and local businessmen, which is why he'd have been down to watch us.

Had anything been pre-planned then I imagine it would already have been announced.

He's not really done anything impressive and is in his 60s now, it'd be an absurd appointment. All I've heard so far is that there's been plenty of interest, which you'd expect. Agree with Cosbeh that I'd definitely be looking at a younger coach on their way up who has good contacts with local pro teams.

This is from an interview Ian King did when he joined Worcester City as a coach in 2016. He's got the contacts you wanted.

Hopefully having the experience of playing and coaching at professional and non-league level will allow me to play a part in getting the best out of all players at Worcester City FC. I have a thorough knowledge of both levels and lots of contacts in the professional game as well as at this level.

I like this bit too.

I am a bit of a football geek really, therefore, any opportunity to watch and study the game is really all I do if not with my young family.

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

He’s done a decent job at Barwell with far less resources.
Sounds like he really wanted the job as well, hope he does well.

Agree with @Gary Eatfood , think we will see quite a few depart at the end of the season.

He's also bringing an assistant in Brian Borrows who's played over 600 professional games and won the FA Cup.

Just now, Gary Eatfood said:

He's also bringing an assistant in Brian Borrows who's played over 600 professional games and won the FA Cup.

Yeah, this is one of the best bits about the appointment. I think between them they will have the contacts to get players in.

8 hours ago, leicesterisme said:

Ian King appointed Coalville manager, really promising appointment, has done a good job at Barwell & from the limited games I have seen them had them playing an attractive style of football. Excited to see how it goes. 

Coalville fans will breathe sign of relief Jim Ginnelly ain't been named. Though poor old Barwell will no doubt see the return of Jimmy.

• Like 1

Non league wise who would you say as the best supporters excluding ones that have played in the efl. South Shields seemed to be well supported, regularly get 2,000 or more at home in the national league north. Plus away following is decent apparently they took over 300 all way down to Gloucester City on Saturday.

Fantastic stuff going on at Coalville with the introduction of the full time academy in partnership with Derby alongside the new 3g pitch.

New management team looks great on paper and feels like they've actually got ambition to move up the pyramid which is something I've not felt was the case with Stevo.

Be shocked if tonight's game goes ahead, whole day of rain in Stortford, must not be great draining h if they couldn't get Saturdays game on after having 24 odd hours of no rain.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Pitch inspection = game off.

This competition does my head in, hopefully the new manager doesn’t prioritise it next season.

Cost us more in cancellation fees on coaches than we've made from winning ties lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Rich Lavery has resigned as Quorn manager, wonder if he’s going Barwell.

Wont be surprised if Lavery as been tapped up for the newly reformed nuneaton boro club previously was assistant many years ago and played for the club on numerous occasions. 

2-0 jersey win on Saturday, after the striker scored the second he got elbowed/punched by the opposition centre back during his celebration and needed 8 stitches to a big wound. Lucky he didn’t start a riot. The action is at 8.10 on the video, hard to see what causes the damage due to camera angles